xDSD Gryphon: birth of a ‘head-fi’ legend
Jul 11, 2022 at 6:54 AM Post #2,356 of 3,842
I see, the dimming when set to HIGH that happens after 10 mins.
That is a nice feature, although I looked in the menu of mine to double check and it's not a seclectable option, rather a default one.
I personally never keep the screen on for 2 main purposes:
1. Avoid burn-in of the OLED display; the concerns are long-term, I'm sure there's not an immediate risk;
2. Keep the power consumption down when operated on battery;

Another aspect I want to mention (to other users): some mentioned that displaying DXD when sample rate is set to 352kHz or 384kHz is a bug and PCM should be displayed instead.
This is not the case, as DXD is technically PCM at those sample rates. More info here: https://help.nativedsd.com/en/articles/94634-dxd-resolution-explained
So that is not actually a bug, it's displayed exactly as it should be.
The only thing I can complain about is the sample rate is rounded off and displayed without decimals, like 44.1kHz is displayed as 44kHz, 11.2Mhz DSD is displayed as 11M.
This is something that would be nice to see, as there is enough space left on the display to do that. But not a big deal at the end of the day, more of a wish.

In regard to 4.4mm plugs, I never experienced those issues mentioned. Have you guys tried to clean the jack (the male) with isopropyl alcohol and a cotton swab ?
I have seen situations where there is grease or other substances that cause similar symptoms: dropouts or no connection in certain positions, but signal will
come back after rotating the jack. I have seen this on some 3.5mm jacks.

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2022 at 8:27 AM Post #2,357 of 3,842
Call me old school but I still prefer stacking them while on the go - the Gryphon is perfect for this job (IMHO)! 👌🏻

20220710_222704.jpg

Jul 12, 2022 at 11:01 AM Post #2,362 of 3,842
Call me old school but I still prefer stacking them while on the go - the Gryphon is perfect for this job (IMHO)! 👌🏻

A nice set-up you have going there! Enjoy!

Jul 16, 2022 at 6:31 PM Post #2,363 of 3,842
I am living with the gryphon for 8 months now, and in all IFi products I have this one is the most satisfying IFi product I have had from the brand, regarding looks, sound options, great sound and experience of using it. Also love my pro iDSD, but this one is my favorite.

It was love at first sight, and after 8 months I do not have one negative about it.

I am looking at the new goBar, does anyone compared to the gryphon sound, is on the same level of the gryphon sound or worse?

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2022 at 9:14 PM Post #2,364 of 3,842
I am living with the gryphon for 8 months now, and in all IFi products I have this one is the most satisfying IFi product I have had from the brand, regarding looks, sound options, great sound and experience of using it. Also love my pro iDSD, but this one is my favorite.

It was love at first sight, and after 8 months I do not have one negative about it.

I am looking at the new goBar, does anyone compared to the gryphon sound, is on the same level of the gryphon sound or worse?

I am a great fan of the Gryphon and am currently working on the Go Bar review.

Jul 16, 2022 at 9:52 PM Post #2,365 of 3,842
I also own Gryphon 8 months now and just had an ocassion to compare with Mojo2.
CA Dorado 2020, Audeze LCD-XC, Focal Stella - tested only single ended 3.5mm for all.
Gryphon wins without a doubt. Mojo2 in comparision is dry, unengaging - was expecting much more.
Using Mojo2's internal EQ helps it to get closer but still - Gryphon is much more musical, enjoyable.
Going balanced 4.4 even better - this is how I use it daily.

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2022 at 6:27 AM Post #2,367 of 3,842
I use it mostly with the focal utopia, also have the pro idsd and the Uniti Atom HE, strangely from the three the one I use most is the gryphon.

The atom is musical and has a great presentation, but a lot o information on the mix is lost in the highs, and I miss the detail of the IFi products, the pro iDSD is very good but lacks the xbass and 3D that I like to have in some albums. The gryphon has all, and sounds really good with the GTO filter engaged.

Jul 17, 2022 at 11:28 AM Post #2,368 of 3,842
Is it possible to put the gryphon work as amp in a combo with a other dedicated dac?

Jul 17, 2022 at 12:31 PM Post #2,370 of 3,842
Yes. I'ved used the Gryphon as Amp only before.
That's nice:L3000:

I have an oportunity to buy the ifi zen dac signature v2 in a cheap price and using with the Gryphon working as amp.

Thanks for the answer, karloil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back