xDuoo TA-10: Excellent hybrid tube headphone amp/DAC/preamp
Aug 12, 2019 at 10:43 PM Post #16 of 30
Just want to add Wei didn't even look for a warranty he just wanted to get it repaired. That is good customer service!

Oct 18, 2019 at 3:42 PM Post #17 of 30
I just got mine TA-10 3 or 4 days ago, so far so good.

I test drove a Schiit Vali a year or so ago and was not impressed with it at all. I've been using mostly Schiit solid state amps with Peachtree Audio Sabre and Schiit Modi Multibit dacs to drive my various mid-fi cans. This new all in one tube hybrid combo brings out an entirely new perspective of my favorite recordings.

First thing, this unit has already brought my M1060 planars to the best I've heard from them!

The only negative I have to this point is the volume knob must be turned what seems like several revolutions to reach normal listening levels. From about 55 or 60 the volume seems to increase much more rapidly.

Since receiving I've had very little time to spend with the TA-10, but I did take time to order a couple of different tubes to experiment with.

I hope have more later.

Jan 6, 2020 at 5:09 PM Post #18 of 30
Anyone using this with LCD-2? If so, what tube(s) do you recommend?

Feb 15, 2021 at 11:08 PM Post #22 of 30
Anybody interested in a TA-10 with 16 tubes, mostly nos and solid state tube?

Jun 2, 2021 at 10:34 AM Post #25 of 30
Are people liking the TA-10R so far? Interested to pick it up, but there is no place I can listen to them before I buy in my country.
I would be interested as well. From the review link @jmwant posted above little has changed from the original TA-10 that I own, and would not hesitate in buying again. The AK4490 is excellent and the newer AK4493 in the TA-10R should be as well. I many times use the DAC with other amps. Only downside or maybe an upside is that the DAC/Amp is not truly balanced, the XLR is just there as a convenience, and provides the same power and sound as the SE connection which has always been fine for me.

Jan 24, 2022 at 11:18 AM Post #26 of 30
Not sure how useful at this point, but I'll chime in with some of my impressions. The TA-10R is my first tube (hybrid or otherwise) amp and I'm really liking the sound. In fact, I'm probably going to get rid of the Topping A/D30pro that I was intending to use at the office. I've used the TA-10R with both Audeze LCD-XC and ZMF Eikon and it handles them well. I will say that what impacted the sound most was swapping the stock tube for a Mullard. Soundstage got wider, and resolution increased noticeably.

Feb 4, 2022 at 3:38 PM Post #28 of 30
Jul 19, 2022 at 2:49 AM Post #29 of 30
I’m very curious about this amp, for the price seems very good considering what your getting. The best hifi 2 chan setup I ever heard had a tube pre amp and solid state power amp, mind you it was Macintosh gear lol.

Sep 25, 2022 at 9:13 PM Post #30 of 30
Hi guys,
Do you know if it supports ASIO? if yes, do I need a driver? Can you link it please? Or any other way to use ASIO with this DAC & foobar?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back