XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Oct 8, 2015 at 9:43 PM Post #46 of 5,194
I am hoping to be getting this today, the local Sydney distributor just got them in stock however they are for 180 AUD, I think that is a little on the high side. Penon sales it for 150 AUD plus shipping with is seem to be the same. What is the next cheapest option? Anyone got it cheaper?

Thanks in advance. 

Oct 9, 2015 at 3:10 AM Post #49 of 5,194
That look is just like a remote?
They should have work harder on the looking and the UI, though I think xduoo did a good job with their X2, the sound quality of them is what I trust, but not satisfied with these little detials.

Oct 9, 2015 at 5:20 AM Post #50 of 5,194
  Just went and got the unit, I will report back later hopefully. 

Waiting for your impressions if the sound is analytical ,warm or a combination of both

Oct 9, 2015 at 7:43 PM Post #53 of 5,194
So far I notice a slight bass roll off, technically it has good treble detail but lacks that amazing bass texture of Calyx M. Sound wise it has more similarity to the the new A series walkman. To my ears both the current A series walkman (and so far the xDuoo X3) are sound-wise below the ipod Nano 7G. 
Lineout to my ear isn't good. Gapless does not work, even with the cuesheet playback.
It has an easy blind navigation which is good, this is why i bought it. Cue sheet works nicely. It compiles them all under a dedicated folder and you can browse using that instead of your folder.
dsf files plays but dst has issues, some play some don't. 24/192 files play just find, no issue. 

Dual 128 microSD works no issue but I think anything more than 64 GB would be torture to navigate.
Soundwise it is as good as A16 but with a much more primitive UI, however what makes A16 a winner is its features which why I kept it, I use to feed for feeding my sony soundbar. Features that is not useful for portable usage. 

Please bare in mind this is my early preview, my ears need a bit of rest, so does my body (sort of unwell) but I didn't want to leave you guys in dark.

I feel it is a good alternative to the sansa clip+ but I recommend it only if you can get it under 110 USD. Some other user of both X2 and X3 feels X3 is not sonically on the same lever as X2.

Oct 10, 2015 at 6:53 AM Post #54 of 5,194
  So far I notice a slight bass roll off, technically it has good treble detail but lacks that amazing bass texture of Calyx M. Sound wise it has more similarity to the the new A series walkman. To my ears both the current A series walkman (and so far the xDuoo X3) are sound-wise below the ipod Nano 7G. 
Lineout to my ear isn't good. Gapless does not work, even with the cuesheet playback.
It has an easy blind navigation which is good, this is why i bought it. Cue sheet works nicely. It compiles them all under a dedicated folder and you can browse using that instead of your folder.
dsf files plays but dst has issues, some play some don't. 24/192 files play just find, no issue. 

Dual 128 microSD works no issue but I think anything more than 64 GB would be torture to navigate.
Soundwise it is as good as A16 but with a much more primitive UI, however what makes A16 a winner is its features which why I kept it, I use to feed for feeding my sony soundbar. Features that is not useful for portable usage. 

Please bare in mind this is my early preview, my ears need a bit of rest, so does my body (sort of unwell) but I didn't want to leave you guys in dark.

I feel it is a good alternative to the sansa clip+ but I recommend it only if you can get it under 110 USD. Some other user of both X2 and X3 feels X3 is not sonically on the same lever as X2.

Hmm interesting that you rate the ipod nano 7G so highly i have one its not a bad player   ...its still early days yet ..but if it sounds similar to my A17 which i love i might reconsider purchasing it...But let me wait for more extended reviews

Oct 10, 2015 at 6:58 AM Post #55 of 5,194
To me so far it lacks the bass texture that I find very important in enjoying the music. X3 so far is for produces a sterile sound which I wouldn't mind if the bass was extended, I notice a server bass roll off. 

Oct 10, 2015 at 7:22 AM Post #56 of 5,194
  To me so far it lacks the bass texture that I find very important in enjoying the music. X3 so far is for produces a sterile sound which I wouldn't mind if the bass was extended, I notice a server bass roll off. 

It sounds similar to the the DX50 i bought it has the same sound signature where the bass just rolls off leaving you wanting more...how would you compare to the A17 sound wise ..how is the soundstage?

Oct 10, 2015 at 7:44 AM Post #57 of 5,194
  It sounds similar to the the DX50 i bought it has the same sound signature where the bass just rolls off leaving you wanting more...how would you compare to the A17 sound wise ..how is the soundstage?

I will report back in more detail but for now A17 does a better job in bass however treble is better with X3. 

Oct 10, 2015 at 11:38 AM Post #59 of 5,194
   Dual 128 microSD works no issue but I think anything more than 64 GB would be torture to navigate. Soundwise it is as good as A16 but with a much more primitive UI, however what makes A16 a winner is its features which why I kept it, I use to feed for feeding my sony soundbar. Features that is not useful for portable usage. 

Oh, this is quite good information, I own Sony A15(A16 is the same but with more built in memory?) and I love it but there is one big con - it lacks of power. Is X3 better in this field?
I'm considering purchase of X3 as second player(for around 107$ it is quite good deal, I think) but one thing worries me... battery life of this DAP seems to be a weak link. Is it capable to play for declared 8h or more?

Oct 10, 2015 at 11:46 PM Post #60 of 5,194
I am very interested in this DAP! Please keep the reviews coming, thank you!

Can an owner confirm the maximum supported mSD card? Would two 200GB mSD work (official spec says max support up to two 128GB)?

And after 256GB of music files/folders has been scanned, how long does the X3 take for its second turn-on? How fast/slow is its soeed in forwarding to the next song?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back