XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Oct 14, 2015 at 7:03 AM Post #92 of 5,194
Some aac files yes, some don't (tags problem?).

Oct 14, 2015 at 7:06 AM Post #93 of 5,194
  Can you confirm it plays aac files? (.m4a) The adverts refer to 'ACC' support, which I'm guessing is a typo, but since the X2 doesn't play aac I'd like to check.

Yes, it does play AAC for me no problem. Even tells you in the song information.

(please keep note about the possible tagging error been mentioned)

I should mention my 32GB card installed in X3 atm has had all tags removed from every file.. It was a card I'd been using on the Xuelin 770c so saved myself some testing with tags. While I see the importance of tag use you won't hear much from me about them, as I am purely a browse by folder only person.

Oct 14, 2015 at 10:09 AM Post #98 of 5,194
  so is it  safe to say this has a DX50 sound?

If you mean DX50's revealing vibrant presentation then yes. At least, more than FiiO's warmer house sound.

(actually, it does sound quite a bit like DX50)

@H20Fidelity.....mate ....how is X3 in comparison with Xuelin 770c ....cheers

I sold my 770c and not because it was bad, I can't do a side by side comparison.

From memory, the 770c has more texture and semi-coloured nature, it was quite a nice player, though it lacked overall detail compared to some of my other sources. The XDuoo X3 sounds more sterile, dry, but with aggressive detail retrieval. Enough that it can keep up with X3II and for most parts my DX50 which 770c couldn't do.  I've heard this dryish sound before in a few other audio players, namely Hisound Audio Rocco BA, Studio V and XDuoo X2. Whereas Colorfly C3 would be much more in line with 770c and the FiiO units (texture, slight colour)

One things for sure, the Chinese market have come a long way in features since the Colorfly C3 back in 2012 (which was around the same price as XDuoo X3)

Oct 14, 2015 at 12:10 PM Post #99 of 5,194

One things for sure, the Chinese market have come a long way in features since the Colorfly C3 back in 2012 (which was around the same price as XDuoo X3)

It sure has. Just 2-3 years ago you wouldn't be able to find anything similar to the xduoo X3 at all at any price. Not to mention the 2 sd card slots or the DSD support, which was something one had to shell out at least a cool $1k for to get a portable DAP that can do it. The Chinese manufacturers pretty much started the whole iem revolution 3 years or so ago, which completely changed the game and made it possible for people to not have to necessarily spend hundred of bucks, and now seems to be time for the game to change in the portable DAP world with so many new options coming out from China 

Oct 14, 2015 at 12:36 PM Post #101 of 5,194
Well, the two card slots do provide a sense of self power, knowing you can load it to the seams with storage, the scrolling speed seems the same to me as XDuoo X2. I'm finding Fidue A83 was a little too 'happy' or dry with X3. I had really decent results with Grado 325e and Aurisonics ASG-2 earlier.

I think we better test the line out soon.

Oct 14, 2015 at 3:41 PM Post #102 of 5,194
Well, the two card slots do provide a sense of self power, knowing you can load it to the seams with storage, the scrolling speed seems the same to me as XDuoo X2. I'm finding Fidue A83 was a little too 'happy' or dry with X3. I had really decent results with Grado 325e and Aurisonics ASG-2 earlier.

I think we better test the line out soon.

Yes, please test the line out. 
popcorn.gif

Oct 14, 2015 at 6:13 PM Post #103 of 5,194
@H20Fidelity I had the fiio x3 ii but didn't really like the flat sound it had. Not even using my preferred eq settings. I mainly listen to electronic music and rap.

Would you say the xduoo x3 would fit better my music taste than the fiio x3ii?

I have also recently bought the xduoo x2 - but haven't received it yet. Is there a big difference in sound between both units?

I am currently using v moda m80 and m100, fiio ex1, mopad x3 and soundmagic e10.

Oct 15, 2015 at 2:34 AM Post #104 of 5,194
I found something interesting about this player,
just like my old nokia cellphone,
after using it for a while, I can send message or make phone call by operating in the pocket.
This should be the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back