XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Oct 27, 2015 at 6:48 AM Post #226 of 5,194
I have been using the X3 lately simply because of the ease of navigation. I have found a setup that works for me. I used to love my Rocoo BA simply because it sound good and it really was easy to navigate. I am happy to say X3 has managed to replace the space Rocoo BA had in my lifestyle.

I just hope the gapless playback is fixed, that is my main issue. 

Oct 27, 2015 at 1:49 PM Post #228 of 5,194
  heh ok you got me, I just ordered player. guys I have question. Do I need some fancy micro sd card for hi-res files or it will play them nicelly without any artifacts etc even with average speed card?

You need to journey to the mystic mountains of the shining sun and talk to the silver haired masters of file formats from the heavens....*coughs* nah although I use class 4 I have never had a problem with normal SD cards in the X2 although not tried in the X3. I think you will only feel the burn in file transfers to it.   

Oct 27, 2015 at 5:04 PM Post #229 of 5,194
Hey gents, where did you get your XDuoo X3 from, if you don't mind me asking?

Google finds only one place that sells the X3, aliexpress, but apparently they ship from Mainland China, and I'd rather not wait 2 months for a delivery. Are there any european sellers? Preferably from the UK, or at the very least delivering to the UK.

Thank you.

Oct 27, 2015 at 5:22 PM Post #230 of 5,194
  You need to journey to the mystic mountains of the shining sun and talk to the silver haired masters of file formats from the heavens....*coughs* nah although I use class 4 I have never had a problem with normal SD cards in the X2 although not tried in the X3. I think you will only feel the burn in file transfers to it.   

ah thats great. thanks for reply. I wasnt sure how does it look with dense formats. I will just buy something nice but not extreme. ok now its time to wait for a player...
cool.gif

Oct 27, 2015 at 6:30 PM Post #232 of 5,194
Far as I'm aware micro sd card write/read speeds are really only relative to HD movie recording which demand faster write speeds. In the case of audio the only benefit faster speed cards provide is in the transfer rate of your files and even then it depends on the players card slot implementation. For the fastest transfer rates of your music use a class 10 card and an external card reader plugged directly into your laptop/PC.

Oct 27, 2015 at 6:43 PM Post #233 of 5,194

Google finds only one place that sells the X3, aliexpress, but apparently they ship from Mainland China, and I'd rather not wait 2 months for a delivery. Are there any european sellers? Preferably from the UK, or at the very least delivering to the UK.

Thank you.

Xduoo doesn't have distribution agreements with any UK-based sellers, you have to import it. I'm waiting for Penon to get them back in stock, though it seems you have to jump fast when they do and stock doesn't last long. I've used them before and received my goods very swiftly, and they have a pretty good reputation. You'd still need to pay return shipping for warranty service, though they're a better bet than random-eBay-seller-4623 (who seem to be charging more, as well).

Oct 28, 2015 at 3:46 AM Post #237 of 5,194

Thank you.

fanteesuk@live.co.uk
I saw this said he wanna sell xduoo products in England, name Robert.

Oct 28, 2015 at 7:15 AM Post #238 of 5,194

Thank you.

I am in the UK you will get it in less than 2 weeks if you buy from aliexpress ..

Oct 28, 2015 at 10:26 AM Post #239 of 5,194

I found X3 line out with a desltop amplifier makes it sound even better with my SHP9500. I think more better with higher impedience.

I've just purchased one SHP9500, that will be great if it's true. What amp do you have there?

It's a inbrand amplifier from Taobao. It's very cheap but powerful. It can drive my HD600 to a very decent level. But different is not very pbvious. But it does improve detail, clarity and soundstage. I can say the X3 itself is very powerful and the DAC part is great at this price!
FYI: http://world.taobao.com/item/44767737349.htm?spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.qSCjQw#detail
This amplifier is better for high impedience headphones. The amplifier itself is a lot better than fiio E12 for HD600. But I havn't seen on aliexpress.

Oct 28, 2015 at 3:42 PM Post #240 of 5,194

Thank you.

I got my X1 and X2 from AliExpress and it was about 2 to 3 weeks and my X3 from another Chinese vendor and again only a few weeks.  It does not take as long as it used to and I am in the UK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back