xDuoo x3 second sd card slot issue
Jul 19, 2022 at 11:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

plaidoverplaid

New Head-Fier
Hello,
I've had my xDuoo since early 2017, installed rockbox (Vortex version) on it right away and it worked perfectly with the same two 64gb cards (sony and sandisk) for several years. I've already had the battery (the original expanded early on and apparently caused the screen to loose some pixels), reset button and the jack replaced at the beginning of the year. The device has been dropped several times, nothing severe nor were there any performance issues.
Recently though the second slot has been acting up. it started with freezes on playback less than a minute into some tracks, then it sometimes wouldn't detect the card at all, sometimes it would show certain folders empty or with corrupted names and rockbox would automatically jump to the root of the first card or even freeze on startup. Default firmware would either freeze on startup most of the time with the 2nd slot occupied or show the card as empty. With the second slot empty everything works just fine.
Windows standard utilities didn't find anything wrong with the second card, but i got a new card anyway (samsung evo 128gb). Made it primary, it works perfectly, moved the first 64gb card to the second slot - problems continued. Brought the player in for repairs, they said that they didn't find anything wrong with the connector and suggested that the issue might be in the processor itself.
Both primary sd cards work fine on their own.
Is it a sign of the device's life coming to an end?
Has anyone had similar problems? any possible solutions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back