xDuoo X3II - respect this budget HiRes DAP
Apr 23, 2019 at 3:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

IryxBRO

500+ Head-Fier
As a small hystory excursion: X3II is a 2nd generation of X3 DAP that was released in year 2015. First generation became so popular in some countries that there was third party custom RockBox firmware released for this DAP. It did solve some of the issues with the proprietary xDuoo firmware. With the release of X3II, xDuoo decided to go on with HiBy OS which was a very good decision instead of reinventing the wheel. As the result, overall functionality became much better placing the new generation right to the leading place of the higher, but still a budget class.

_DSC1217.jpg

xDuoo X3II technical specifications:
  • CPU: X1000
  • DAC + AMP: AK4490EN + OPA1652 + LMH6643
  • Screen: 2.4′ IPS, 240×320
  • Max stream processing: 32bit/384kHz, DSD128
  • Power output: 210mW@32Ω
  • Frequency response: 20Hz — 20kHz (+/- 0.15dB)
  • Crosstalk: >75dB
  • S/N: >=114dB
  • THD+N: 0.0015%@1kHz(32Ω @ 1kHz)
  • Bluetooth: 4.0 (aptX + HiByLink), bidirectional, BT DAC supported
  • Memory: MicroSD cards up to 256GB
  • Battery: 3.7V, 2000mAh (up to 13 hours of play)
  • Connection: USB Type-C, USB DAC, USB OTG
  • Controls: physical control buttons
  • Dimensions: 102.5mm X 51.5mm X 14.9mm
  • Weight: 112g
  • Shell material: aluminum'
Full review is HERE
Or HERE

Official website HERE
RockBox FW for X3II HERE
FW 1.2 update HERE

Still on sales HERE

If you have the experience with this impressive DAP and especially RockBox FW - please, share in this thread!

_DSC1200.jpg _DSC1206.jpg _DSC1211.jpg _DSC1212.jpg _DSC1216.jpg _DSC1231.jpg _DSC1264.jpg _DSC1265.jpg

Attachments

• _DSC1215.jpg
    _DSC1215.jpg
    784.5 KB · Views: 0
Apr 24, 2019 at 6:11 AM Post #2 of 23
Nice thread going on here, going to keep my eye on this. Hopefully people will respond and put their views, comments on this upgrade..Expect I will get one later when price drops.. As only just picked up 3 of the older X3....And so far so good. Great for me, don't need rock box etc. Just standard...Plays all my cards.. Two 64gb or 32gb in all 3 players..full of flax, mp3, wma...etc.

Apr 24, 2019 at 7:29 AM Post #3 of 23
Apr 25, 2019 at 2:27 AM Post #4 of 23
Nice thread going on here, going to keep my eye on this. Hopefully people will respond and put their views, comments on this upgrade..Expect I will get one later when price drops.. As only just picked up 3 of the older X3....And so far so good. Great for me, don't need rock box etc. Just standard...Plays all my cards.. Two 64gb or 32gb in all 3 players..full of flax, mp3, wma...etc.

Do you own X3 1st gen? If yes and not running the RockBox - how have you overcome the slower rate of 48Khz files?

Apr 25, 2019 at 4:21 AM Post #5 of 23
I have been alright with my 3 new players all version 1.1 sounds fine.. if it does go slower, it isn't noticeable to me.
Where will I find out if my music is that size khz

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2019 at 4:25 AM Post #6 of 23
My sd cards are full of flac, mp3 320 size and windows media at 192 kbs if I'm correct... They all sound fine...
The flac and mp3 files are from a friend.

Apr 25, 2019 at 2:21 PM Post #8 of 23
How do find out what Htz my files are in ?

Apr 25, 2019 at 3:03 PM Post #10 of 23
Hi and hello,

nice to have an own thread for the x3ii.

I have my x3ii since appr. two months (I owned the x3 before) and I'm absolutely happy with it. I have made own wps and theme, cause I Iike the old default wps of the iRiver H320 so much.
Setting up ADB was no problem, but getting the pictures for the status bar done was hard work! But now I'm contended with the results.
The only thing is the battery life with rockbox. It runs around 7 or 8 hours (the last hour with 8%, the value seems not to be accurately calculated).
Someone has already mentioned it: The screen doesn't turn off, only the backlight (or something like this, I don't remember it correctly right now).
Maybe xvortex will fix this in the near future. That'd be absolutely great.

All the best,
Thorsten

Apr 25, 2019 at 4:02 PM Post #11 of 23
Hi and hello,

nice to have an own thread for the x3ii.

I have my x3ii since appr. two months (I owned the x3 before) and I'm absolutely happy with it. I have made own wps and theme, cause I Iike the old default wps of the iRiver H320 so much.
Setting up ADB was no problem, but getting the pictures for the status bar done was hard work! But now I'm contended with the results.
The only thing is the battery life with rockbox. It runs around 7 or 8 hours (the last hour with 8%, the value seems not to be accurately calculated).
Someone has already mentioned it: The screen doesn't turn off, only the backlight (or something like this, I don't remember it correctly right now).
Maybe xvortex will fix this in the near future. That'd be absolutely great.

All the best,
Thorsten

But is there a sound downgrade with RockBox FW? First Gen X3 had this issue... With the stock FW it had some bug about 48Khz files which was fixed by RockBox but the sound in overall became worse. With RockBox there was more noise floor and significant unfiltered interference inbetween the tracks. Does the same happen on X3II with this custom FW?
And the bug that you have mentioned about X3II not going to deactivate the screen looks like a severe one... Had the same in some stock version of AP60II and had to roll back to the stable one to get rid of the fast battery drain caused by this...

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2019 at 5:37 PM Post #12 of 23
I will double check later, but yes what you posted sounds about right...it's possible I have not got any files 48 size.. So not even sure how you get this larger size ? But 44 sounds OK to me...That's why I picked up 3 new ones for £120.

Apr 29, 2019 at 11:46 AM Post #13 of 23
doesn't the file have a properties which state for example 24bit/192khz? or 16bit/44.1khz? The screen also shows this info, as I remember.
Checked my X3 while playing and looks like some files are 48 and some are 44k....between mp3 and flac... But to be honest they all sound OK. ..Maybe it's because some of the tracks in don't know, etc.....But no real problem... All I would like would be another couple of hours battery life..

May 9, 2019 at 7:49 AM Post #14 of 23
Hi and hello,

after some more weeks with my x3ii I can state the battery lasts around 9-10 hours. The last 3-4 hours are running with low (9% up to 3%) battery level.
I can't say whether there's more noise floor with RB compared to the OF, I'm using it mostly outside in louder environments.
(That's one of the reasons for the x3ii compared to the x3: the brighter display...)

All the best
Thorsten

Apr 3, 2020 at 1:36 AM Post #15 of 23
My Cayin N3 recently developed a fault after just a year and a half and rather than spend $60 on getting it fixed I'm thinking of getting the XDuoo X3ii. I do have a couple of questions after looking at the reviews. I have seen conflicting messages on whether it plays AAC files. A couple of reviews say it has significant hiss. I also heard that it takes a significant amount of time (close to 30 seconds) to come out of sleep. Any thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back