XDUoo XD05PRO
May 11, 2024 at 12:19 AM Post #2,266 of 2,315
U stayed in Singapore as well right? If U keen to try I can let U try mine ROHM with HA8802 with Ufeel MK8.
Can do. One of these days we can meet up at Zeppelin.

May 11, 2024 at 12:47 AM Post #2,267 of 2,315
May 14, 2024 at 12:38 AM Post #2,270 of 2,315
Is there a op amp that fits with the lid closed that sounds like a tube amp
Trullis HA8802 (the black op-amp holder needs to remove if you want to use it with the Ufeel buffer otherwise cannot fit) plus Ufeel MK8 op-amp buffer.
The lid can be closed this way and sounds really like tube amp.
IMG_20240509_164600.jpg

Last edited:
May 14, 2024 at 2:50 AM Post #2,271 of 2,315
Just ordered Lotoo Paw D1 digital interface for my Xduoo XD05 Pro. Intended to use at home to connect my phone to XD05 Pro using Lotoo Paw D1 via optical cable.
Basically it's a digital to digital interface. Will do a review on it when I got my hands on it. Not sure how good or bad it is?!

Lotoo-PAW-D1-USB-digitális-audio-interfész_big.jpg

Last edited:
May 14, 2024 at 11:37 AM Post #2,272 of 2,315
Trullis HA8802 (the black op-amp holder needs to remove if you want to use it with the Ufeel buffer otherwise cannot fit) plus Ufeel MK8 op-amp buffer.
The lid can be closed this way and sounds really like tube amp.
IMG_20240509_164600.jpg
Tree versions of the Ufeel, have you tried all of them and if what/how big are the differences?

May 14, 2024 at 2:59 PM Post #2,273 of 2,315
I tried linking the Topping L70 amp to the XD05 Pro, and even though it eliminated the noise floor, the presentation changed dramatically. Vocals sound veiled, instruments sound dull, dynamics sound blunted. Sound is not surrounding me on my left and right ears, anymore. There is no holography/soundstage depth. All the sound is being projected onto a flat wall in front of me. I don't know if it's just bad synergy. It could be the line output for the XD05 Pro is not as good as the headphone output, and Xduoo just offered the feature even if it sounds flat, and/or it could be the L70's effect. I heard a lot of positives about the L70, but I also heard it lacks in the upper frequencies.

I'm also wondering if the op amps are on the amplifier section of the XD05 Pro, because I tried swapping them to see if anything would change, but I couldn't tell a difference. The sound signature remained dark. Again, I don't know how much of this has to do with the L70. It could be the XD05 Pro's line output was an afterthought. I haven't paired the L70 with a standalone DAC yet.

Last edited:
May 14, 2024 at 5:30 PM Post #2,274 of 2,315
Tree versions of the Ufeel, have you tried all of them and if what/how big are the differences?
What 3 version you referring to? MK8, MK9? If you referring to that, I don't use other than MK8 because only MK8 can fit others are too big I think.
If you referring to the grade PG, IG, AG etc. I only tried AG as it's their highest grade version.

May 14, 2024 at 6:09 PM Post #2,275 of 2,315
I tried linking the Topping L70 amp to the XD05 Pro, and even though it eliminated the noise floor, the presentation changed dramatically. Vocals sound veiled, instruments sound dull, dynamics sound blunted. Sound is not surrounding me on my left and right ears, anymore. All the sound is being projected onto a flat wall in front of me. I don't know if it's just bad synergy, or if this is the effect the L70 has on all DACs. There is no holography/soundstage depth.

I'm also wondering if the op amps are on the amplifier section of the XD05 Pro, because I tried swapping them to see if anything would change, but I couldn't tell a difference. The sound signature remained dark.
How did you connect the XD05 to L70? Did you use single-ended 3.5mm output to RCA input, or balanced 4.4 output to XLR input from the XD05 to L70?

The opamp section is indeed in the amplifier section of the XD05. If you've connected the XD05 to L70 via either of the means above, you should fundamentally hear the XD05 DAC and L70 amp.

May 14, 2024 at 6:12 PM Post #2,276 of 2,315
Just ordered Lotoo Paw D1 digital interface for my Xduoo XD05 Pro. Intended to use at home to connect my phone to XD05 Pro using Lotoo Paw D1 via optical cable.
Basically it's a digital to digital interface. Will do a review on it when I got my hands on it. Not sure how good or bad it is?!

Lotoo-PAW-D1-USB-digitális-audio-interfész_big.jpg
That looks pretty cool. I use a Quloos QU02 DDC with my XD05 all the time. It also feeds my other DACs and makes a significant difference in terms of PRaT compared to running any of the DACs direct from USB.

Look forward to an update once you've received it and had time to test.

May 14, 2024 at 11:48 PM Post #2,278 of 2,315
Do you have to have the Ufeel MK8 op-amp buffer for the Trullis HA8802 to fit or work, if you do could you please post a link for the Ufeel MK8 op-amp buffer. also you said to remove someting what do i remove thanks so much for any help
Trullis HA8802 will work by its own, Ufeel MK8 buffer is to further improve upon its sound.
If you are going to use HA8802, the black holder below can be use. If you intend to use HA8802 stack with Ufeel MK8, you need to remove the black holder off the HA8802 otherwise it will be too tall and cannot be installed on to XD05 Pro.

Last edited:
May 15, 2024 at 12:50 AM Post #2,279 of 2,315
Do you have to have the Ufeel MK8 op-amp buffer for the Trullis HA8802 to fit or work, if you do could you please post a link for the Ufeel MK8 op-amp buffer. also you said to remove someting what do i remove thanks so much for any help
I think @Bengkia369's explanation is easier with pictures.

He recommends the Trulis 8802 for a tuby sound. I can confirm. It's more analog, the bass is slightly rounded, the stage is wider. A warmth and bloom to the presentation. The resolution and sterility of the ESS dac will take a hit.

The MK08 with 8802. You will be able to fit in with the door closed. The 8802 comes with a dip8 leg. If you use the leg. It will become too high to close the door. So you need to stick it in directly if you intend to use the MK08. Pic below.

Do you need the UFEEL adapters? No. They're buffers, adding capacitors to enhance the sound. Both the UFEEL, I find they work. The MK09 is a pretty dramatic change. Micro nuances can be imagined. Pushing the mids forward in the overall presentation is obvious. I find the MK08 subtle. MK09 is very obvious. The Burson V7V is dead neutral. A bit boring. The MK09 pushes the mids forward, making the presentation more musical with no hit to the micro details from what I can hear.

If you look closely at the MK09. You will see a MK08 soldered on. There is no need to buy both. If you are going to buy. Make sure you choose the AG and Dual version.

The MK09 will not fit even with the door closed. You will need flexible leg extensions. Pic below.

IMG_7527.jpeg

8802 directly in the MK08. This setup will fit with the door closed.
IMG_7528.jpeg

MK09 will not fit the amp board directly. The width is too wide.
IMG_7041.jpeg

MK09 with leg extensions. In this method, you can use any sized opamps. Including the excellent Burson V7, or the Sparkos something something (sorry cannot recall at the moment). Of course, the transportable option is now more limited. The upside. You can change opamps easily. I only use it in the house and mostly at my desk. So this is fine for me.
IMG_7078.jpeg

IMG_7269.jpeg

7E01B4B2-A6ED-4CF3-B379-82F215276562.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_7530.jpeg
    IMG_7530.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 15, 2024 at 12:58 AM Post #2,280 of 2,315

Users who are viewing this thread

Back