XENNS (previously known as Mangird) Impressions Thread
Apr 17, 2023 at 12:09 PM Post #796 of 918
Recap value is subjective figure of course. Setting $1500 for 100/100 score and start from there for high-end segment. There are over priced IEM, and undervalued ones, so setting $1,500 as max score is just a benchmarking, easier than score 2.1 or sth.

I can see Xenns Up being more resolving from the tuning, so yea if you value resolution over anything, that’s a good indicator.

Oh, yea and that Truthear HEXA, is something extraordinary… it’s 85% performance of Variations, with a fraction of the cost. Same ODM of Blessing /Variations, HeyGear’s private brand product. They basically swapped Sonion EST on Variations with Knowles WBFK, and refined the curve to a more sophisticated one.

I’m just providing my perspective and showing a disagreement over blessing > mangird tea over there.

Under my evaluations those two are equally good IEMs both hit 84/100. With different pros/cons.
totally agree... the Hexa is astounding, especially considering its price point. It is partially responsible for halting my thirst for more iems. (earbuds being the other thing that has diverted my attention.)

I don't have the tea but I do absolutely love my tea 2's. Ironically, I was choosing between the blessing 2 or tea 2 and went with the tea 2.

Apr 17, 2023 at 12:12 PM Post #797 of 918
Hey Josh. As you probably know, I entirely adore the EJ07. The main issue is until recently nothing has really beaten them. The new IEM that does beat them is unknown and unbuyable. DM me for more info.
lol unknown and unbuyable. why would anyone then DM you. lol (and yet, i'm sitting here in a coffeehouse about to DM you.) =)

I failed at getting the ej07 and went with the more "pedestrian" ej07m (which is still great in my book).

May 1, 2023 at 2:37 PM Post #798 of 918
I was testing the Mangird Top with cables.
Strongly recommend changing the original cable since it has a soft tonality that negatively affects the sound. From my experience, all cables with interchangeable connectors have a soft tonality on both ends. Silver cable (without interchangeable connector) works best with Top. if you are not sensitive to the 8Khz, highs could sometimes be more aggressive with music like Dubstep. Cooper cable could be too bassy for some folks. However, tonality is the best on Cooper. Changing the cable improves sound quality, especially sloppy bass, which gets good texture and speed.

Attachments

• IMG_4204.jpeg
    IMG_4204.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 1, 2023 at 2:45 PM Post #799 of 918
I upgraded the cable on my TOP to the Dunu Hulk mini. Substantially better more cohesive bass resulted with more dynamics, while retaining mid and treble clarity. I am very happy with the result, and EDM and other electronic music is almost perfect coming out of Shanling M6Ultra DAP! Textures are remarkable!

May 11, 2023 at 12:59 PM Post #800 of 918
Just got a pair of Xenns Top. They immediately sounded clearer and more technical than my only other pair of IEMS, the Blessing 2 Dusk. The Top do seem super bright and just loud and fatiguing. I can't listen as loud as I did with the Dusk. Also it's very hard to change the tips on the Top. Once I removed the tip they shipped with I really struggled to get on other pair. I thought I wouldn't be able to do it entirely and worried I'd have to return them. Sounds crazy but the nozzle is thick and has a ridge around the tip. Anyways, just ordered some of the new W1 from Spinfit and maybe those will improve my experience.

May 11, 2023 at 1:35 PM Post #802 of 918
EAlastic sedans work good for Top!
Thanks for the.....tip!? Ha, anyways I tried using those on the IER Z1R. I don't remember how they felt in my ear or if they were easy to apply, I just know they didn't stop the Z1Rs from just falling out of my ear entirely! I would've kept the Z1R if they weren't so dang big!! Seriously they just don't fit me at all. Thank God I got them from Amazon and could return them for a full refund. I don't have that luxury with the Top since I bought them from Linsoul. I'll prolly keep them, just do some tip rolling to improve the experience any way I can.

May 11, 2023 at 2:35 PM Post #803 of 918
Try to insert them deeper. The Top is a crazy fit depended. A shallow insert increase both end frequency response. Black tips that comes with Tops makes sound a bit darker.

May 11, 2023 at 2:40 PM Post #804 of 918
Try to insert them deeper. The Top is a crazy fit depended. A shallow insert increase both end frequency response. Black tips that comes with Tops makes sound a bit darker.
Yeah I took off the white they shipped with and put on the black. I didn't notice too much of a change doing that, but increasing the size from medium to large improved the frequency response due to a better seal I guess. The medium size fit perfectly with my blessing 2 dusk, although the tips would get stuck in my ear when I removed the IEMs. I guess that super snug fit with the dusk was what made them sound so great, but without a doubt the Top have better technical performance. Hope I wouldn't have been better off waiting for Blessing 3 Dusk.

May 11, 2023 at 8:47 PM Post #805 of 918
Thanks for the.....tip!? Ha, anyways I tried using those on the IER Z1R. I don't remember how they felt in my ear or if they were easy to apply, I just know they didn't stop the Z1Rs from just falling out of my ear entirely! I would've kept the Z1R if they weren't so dang big!! Seriously they just don't fit me at all. Thank God I got them from Amazon and could return them for a full refund. I don't have that luxury with the Top since I bought them from Linsoul. I'll prolly keep them, just do some tip rolling to improve the experience any way I can.
I don't own the Top but before giving up on them try at least this 3 tips.
Faeulle H570
TRN T tips
TRI Clarion tips.
Also if you can, try the NiceHCK BlackSoul cable.

May 11, 2023 at 8:58 PM Post #806 of 918
I don't own the Top but before giving up on them try at least this 3 tips.
Faeulle H570
TRN T tips
TRI Clarion tips.
Also if you can, try the NiceHCK BlackSoul cable.
Thanks for the advice! I'll look into those. I really don't want to return them because linsoul keeps 35% of your refund for themselves. I could've bought them from Amazon but I saved about 60 bucks in taxes buying from linsoul, and also had a 10 off coupon.

May 11, 2023 at 9:33 PM Post #807 of 918
Thanks for the advice! I'll look into those. I really don't want to return them because linsoul keeps 35% of your refund for themselves. I could've bought them from Amazon but I saved about 60 bucks in taxes buying from linsoul, and also had a 10 off coupon.
All of the tips I referred did wonders for the Sound Rhyme SR5, the 7Hz Timeless and the Tanchjim Oxygen. Particularly the Faeulle in the Timeless and the BlackSoul cable in the SR5 did an amazing job getting them more musical and no fatiguing at all.
BTW before buying the SR5 I was ready to pull the plug on the Mangird Top because from what I read it is a very resolving IEM, but at the same time very musical, with a good timber and a very good bass.
Try different tips and cable, and let it burn for a couple of hours.

I will be very interested to read your thoughts about it in a couple of weeks 😁

May 11, 2023 at 10:08 PM Post #808 of 918
All of the tips I referred did wonders for the Sound Rhyme SR5, the 7Hz Timeless and the Tanchjim Oxygen. Particularly the Faeulle in the Timeless and the BlackSoul cable in the SR5 did an amazing job getting them more musical and no fatiguing at all.
BTW before buying the SR5 I was ready to pull the plug on the Mangird Top because from what I read it is a very resolving IEM, but at the same time very musical, with a good timber and a very good bass.
Try different tips and cable, and let it burn for a couple of hours.

I will be very interested to read your thoughts about it in a couple of weeks 😁
It is very resolving. Almost shocking how clear and precise it is. I've added all those tips to my cart on aliexpress but I'm hesitant to pull the trigger because they won't arrive till the middle of June, which will be outside of the return window. I'm waiting to hear what my options are from linsoul. Hopefully they get back to me tomorrow.

Jun 16, 2023 at 7:44 AM Post #810 of 918
Howdy. New Tea 2 owner here. I like to have spares and wonder if anyone has found the original cable for Tea 2 anywhere?
I went the other direction: closer color match and a cable termination that is more in line with the Tea2 shell

KBEar Hazy, 6N Graphene+Copper-Silver Alloy Mixed
Tea 2 cable comparison.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back