XENNS (previously known as Mangird) Impressions Thread
Jun 28, 2023 at 10:39 AM Post #816 of 918
Are you enjoying your Xenns Top?
How does it sound and how does it compare with the other IEMs you own?
The Top meets all of my expectations.
The Top is a natural step up, from the Tea series.

Upper frequencies
For someone (like myself) who is sensitive sibilance, this trifecta takes you as close to the edge (in clarity) as you can get, without experiencing any audible discomfort.

Mids/Vocals
The Top (as well as the two Teas) is not a neutral set. The vocals have a solid, rich timbre.

Sub & bass
This is a 9.5 on sub bass & a 8.5 on mid bass, if left untouched. But if you're not diverse to using a PEQ, a subtle cut around the 200hz range and the Top is an all around 9.5, for the low end response.

I haven't tried the Up yet, maybe the coming 11.11 sale

Xenns Trifecta.jpg

Jun 28, 2023 at 12:31 PM Post #817 of 918

Upper frequencies
For someone (like myself) who is sensitive sibilance, this trifecta takes you as close to the edge (in clarity) as you can get, without experiencing any audible discomfort.

Mids/Vocals
The Top (as well as the two Teas) is not a neutral set. The vocals have a solid, rich timbre.

Sub & bass
This is a 9.5 on sub bass & a 8.5 on mid bass, if left untouched. But if you're not diverse to using a PEQ, a subtle cut around the 200hz range and the Top is an all around 9.5, for the low end response.

Xenns Trifecta.jpg
Amazing first impressions!
Can you compare them with IEMs around the same price?
Aurora, or the Penon 10th?

Jun 28, 2023 at 4:34 PM Post #818 of 918
Amazing first impressions!
Can you compare them with IEMs around the same price?
Aurora, or the Penon 10th?
My purchasing habits have changed over the last two years. I no longer chase the latest (& usually a short lived) “greatest”, as I feel my collection is nearing completion.

As a basshead, most of the current offerings don’t do it for me. There is just too much undeserved hype surrounding new offerings, these days. If an IEM stands the test of time (6 months :ksc75smile:) in the forum, then I’ll give them a serious look.

I did do a deep dive into the Penon 10th Anniversary and came really close to making the commitment. But some of the reviews (here on Head-Fi.org and the Penon sub thread) pointed out that the bottom end frequencies were not the 10th’s strong point, compared to other Penon offerings. Also a sparse count of BAs concerned me.

Here's one of the YouTube reviewers that I do follow:
Xenns Top Review, YouTube

Jun 28, 2023 at 5:26 PM Post #819 of 918
My purchasing habits have changed over the last two years. I no longer chase the latest (& usually a short lived) “greatest”, as I feel my collection is nearing completion.

As a basshead, most of the current offerings don’t do it for me. There is just too much undeserved hype surrounding new offerings, these days. If an IEM stands the test of time (6 months :ksc75smile:) in the forum, then I’ll give them a serious look.

I did do a deep dive into the Penon 10th Anniversary and came really close to making the commitment. But some of the reviews (here on Head-Fi.org and the Penon sub thread) pointed out that the bottom end frequencies were not the 10th’s strong point, compared to other Penon offerings. Also a sparse count of BAs concerned me.

Here's one of the YouTube reviewers that I do follow:
Xenns Top Review, YouTube
I share the same opinion and that's why I kept my interest in the TOP.
Nevertheless I end up buying other stuff and never pulled the plug on these.
I'm more or less sure I will get the Top or the Aurora... Maybe both?! 🥲

Jun 28, 2023 at 9:15 PM Post #820 of 918

Upper frequencies

Mids/Vocals

Sub & bass

Xenns Trifecta.jpg
How it compares to Tea2?
… I saw Up price dropped to the 480-490 👀

Jul 10, 2023 at 4:58 PM Post #821 of 918

Upper frequencies

Mids/Vocals

Sub & bass

Xenns Trifecta.jpg
I just get one.

Arrive this week, and Im going to compare versus tea OG.

The majority of the reviews says that bass is slow, and little bit sloppy... Will see...

Jul 18, 2023 at 4:28 PM Post #825 of 918
XENNS TOP are just impressive.

I love the quality of the bass, clarity and nice scene.

Just the cable, a iem of this level doesn't deserve this kind of cable, even if i it's modular.

Ordering a new one from XINHS
Every time I read impressions like this I come closer of buying a pair for myself.
Are you going to do a review/comparison of this one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back