XENNS (previously known as Mangird) Impressions Thread
Jul 18, 2023 at 6:07 PM Post #826 of 919
Every time I read impressions like this I come closer of buying a pair for myself.
Are you going to do a review/comparison of this one?
Probably, Ive got the OG TEA at home.

But also could be a nice versus with the YANYIN CANON or VARIATIONS.

At weekend I'll upload some photos.

More impressions... Its not a "in your head" iems. Voices are not inside you, they are more in front/top part of your head. That's positive to my taste. Bass to me sounds goods, not boomy...

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2023 at 6:13 PM Post #828 of 919
Probably, Ive got the OG TEA at home.

But also could be a nice versus with the YANYIN CANON or VARIATIONS.

At weekend I'll upload some photos.

More impressions... Its not a "in your head" iems. Voices are not inside you, they are more in front/top part of your head. That's positive to my taste. Bass to me sounds goods, not boomy...
It would be amazing if you can compare it with some of the more recent contenders around the same price... Penon 10AE, Aur Aurora, Neon Pro, SR7 or the SR8...

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2023 at 12:11 AM Post #829 of 919
Every time I read impressions like this I come closer of buying a pair for myself.
Are you going to do a review/comparison of this one?
What kind of music do you listen to?
My friend that bought it from me, likes them very much, he listen mostly EDM with BTR7. But for my music preferences, they have a minor issues on highs.

Jul 19, 2023 at 1:37 AM Post #830 of 919
It would be amazing if you can compare it with some of the more recent contenders around the same price... Penon 10AE, Aur Aurora, Neon Pro, SR7 or the SR8...
I dont have any of the new "contenders" 🙃
Got around 40 top iems + 30 budget ones...

Curiously, On the FD7 post, I said that FA7s is better than ANDROMEDA (I had both at home at the same time, the history ended with the green one sold here) and people quoted me saying that "U ARE FUNNY"

Andromeda is an iem from 2016, and the FiiO got a similar configuration, with a equal FR. I think is plausible that the FA7s surpasses the old one. But no, "I cant say that"

But on the forum, on the hype thread, U can hype any "curiosly promoted by some american donuts" brand (SR, penon, simgot....) And say that they are killing TOTL and people goes crazy.

I love Hype-fi 😂😂😂

What kind of music do you listen to?
My friend that bought it from me, likes them very much, he listen mostly EDM with BTR7. But for my music preferences, they have a minor issues on highs.

Thats a point, I mostly use the TOP with EDM, and they are good, maybe not suitable for all kind of music. I'll try with some vocal soul-jazz tracks next days.

But on the technical part, I think they are good, nice scene, the timbre seems nice and Im a sensitive to some upper mids... TOP still sounding nice.

Have to say, if I have to spend 600€, I still choosing the VARIATIONS for less money.
Just for the build construction.

IMG_20230719_144645.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2023 at 6:20 AM Post #831 of 919
I dont have any of the new "contenders" 🙃
Got around 40 top iems + 30 budget ones...

Curiously, On the FD7 post, I said that FA7s is better than ANDROMEDA (I had both at home at the same time, the history ended with the green one sold here) and people quoted me saying that "U ARE FUNNY"

Andromeda is an iem from 2016, and the FiiO got a similar configuration, with a equal FR. I think is plausible that the FA7s surpasses the old one. But no, "I cant say that"

But on the forum, on the hype thread, U can hype any "curiosly promoted by some american donuts" brand (SR, penon, simgot....) And say that they are killing TOTL and people goes crazy.

I love Hype-fi 😂😂😂

Thats a point, I mostly use the TOP with EDM, and they are good, maybe not suitable for all kind of music. I'll try with some vocal soul-jazz tracks next days.

But on the technical part, I think they are good, nice scene, the timbre seems nice and Im a sensitive to some upper mids... TOP still sounding nice.

Have to say, if I have to spend 600€, I still choosing the VARIATIONS for less money.
Just for the build construction.

IMG_20230719_144645.jpg
After a couple of days what's your opinion on the Xenns Top?

Not sure if you have the SR5 but if you do, are they alike?

Jul 25, 2023 at 11:09 AM Post #832 of 919
After a couple of days what's your opinion on the Xenns Top?

Not sure if you have the SR5 but if you do, are they alike?
Im waiting for a new cable to take some photos.

Impressions...

-The bass is on the boomy side, but its concrete. It's the minimum dispatched for a bass-head like me.
-The upper-mids are nicely executed. "Timbre" is exceptional
- VARIATIONS is cleaner
- TEA OG got better scene (clarity) but the amplitude feels more natural and open on the TOP. They are nice for gaming
- Cable is horrendous, huge shell, easy fit, hard to hide. Not suitable for bed-listening.
- Eartip dependant
- It will be awesome if they were included a pair of switches, just to relax the bass, to get a nice-all-rounder
- Scale nicely with nice Dac and HQplayer, but its not the best

Jul 25, 2023 at 2:50 PM Post #833 of 919

Impressions...

-The bass is on the boomy side, but its concrete. It's the minimum dispatched for a bass-head like me.
- VARIATIONS is cleaner
- TEA OG got better scene (clarity) but the amplitude feels more natural and open on the TOP. They are nice for gaming
- Cable is horrendous, huge shell, easy fit, hard to hide. Not suitable for bed-listening.
- Eartip dependant
- It will be awesome if they were included a pair of switches, just to relax the bass, to get a nice-all-rounder
I will wait for your feedback with a new cable but it seems obvious I will get this set!

Jul 25, 2023 at 5:37 PM Post #834 of 919

Impressions...

- VARIATIONS is cleaner
- Eartip dependant
Will you publish a full review of the Top?

Jul 28, 2023 at 2:50 AM Post #840 of 919
Effect audio new Signature series, Eros s, Cadmus, or Ares s, depending on if you want more bass, balance, or details. Talk with Andy at Musiteck.com.
Ssome upen box ones are often available at substantial discounts from new. All 3 are well made, gorgeous and have excellent audio properties.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back