Xenos 3HA - whatever happened?
Mar 16, 2008 at 10:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

us.classic

100+ Head-Fier
Well after many years in a drawer I put my Xenos 3HA into service. I have a Viewsonic 22inch HDTV that I have on my desk. I use it for xbox 360 gaming and DVD, HDTV over the air broadcasts, like Austin City limits, and as a monitor for my laptop. The viewsonic has headphone out into which I had plugged my JBL desktop computer speakers with amplified sub-woofer. Anyway,
I plugged in my Xenos 3ha which has two outputs. I plugged the speaker system into one output and my HD650s into the other. I turned the volume down on the speakers and put on the cans. The Xenos 3HA worked great. Even the TV commercials sounded great. At first I used my 280 pros but soon brought out the 650s and am not looking back. The HD 650s are so comfortable and I am sometimes surprised by how good the digital broadcast audio is.
Anyway, does anyone know what happened to Xenos? I could not find any on eBay nor any recent posts. Most reviews were from back in 2005. Perhaps now these amps are collectible vintage. Anyway, I love mine, especially the separate treble and bass controls.

Mar 16, 2008 at 10:52 PM Post #2 of 5
The company went out of business some time ago...

Mar 17, 2008 at 2:27 PM Post #4 of 5
I have one and now for sale in the amp section due to acquisition of home amp.

Mar 17, 2008 at 5:24 PM Post #5 of 5
Ya, this was a company ran by a guy named Alberto. They were in Canada. I have one of the last amps he made, the nicest portable he made, I forget the model. It is a good little amp, better than others I have purchased for more money!! Anyways he just dissapeared one day, went to look at his sight to see if he had anything in the works new, and nothing was there.

Anyone know if he just lost interest, anything at all?? Now that I think we only spoke through email, but seemed a nice gent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back