XtremPro X1 low volume on Android phone
May 31, 2019 at 9:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

audiobomber

500+ Head-Fier
I bought an XtremPro X1 USB DAC to use with my Samsung Galaxy A5 mobile phone. I use the phone to listen to Google Play, as well as DLNA from my NAS and internally stored FLAC files.

The DAC has plenty of power to drive headphones when connected to my Windows 10 tablet or laptop, but even at full volume on my phone there is insufficient level for my Grado SR60 HP or Sennheiser HD1 iems. I had the same issue when I connected the DAC to a Raspberry Pi and directly to my NAS.

Is there a compatibility issue with this DAC and Android and Linux? I formerly used my phone with a Sabaj Da2 USB DAC, which had plenty of gain.

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2019 at 5:46 AM Post #2 of 7
I love the XtremPro X1. I've only run it on Android Phones and Tablets (the cheapo Amazon Fire 8 HD). The key to me is buying the inexpensive Android app 'USB Audio Player Pro'. This has a built in driver and gives software AND hardware audio control. That make a big volume difference.......a big difference! Runs on my Xiaomi Mi A2, and IPad Mini (if I remember correctly) can run it on every phone, or Tablet I have but it needs USB Audio Player Pro. I use an Anker Usb C male to USB A female for my Xiaomi and a Usb mini male to USB to USB A female for my Amazon Fire. I really rate the XtremPro X1.

Jul 10, 2019 at 8:23 AM Post #3 of 7
I bought an XtremPro X1 USB DAC to use with my Samsung Galaxy A5 mobile phone. I use the phone to listen to Google Play, as well as DLNA from my NAS and internally stored FLAC files.

The DAC has plenty of power to drive headphones when connected to my Windows 10 tablet or laptop, but even at full volume on my phone there is insufficient level for my Grado SR60 HP or Sennheiser HD1 iems. I had the same issue when I connected the DAC to a Raspberry Pi and directly to my NAS.

Is there a compatibility issue with this DAC and Android and Linux? I formerly used my phone with a Sabaj Da2 USB DAC, which had plenty of gain.

Hi If you are using Android you need get USB Audio Player Pro from google play. You can then put it on all your devices. It has it's own driver and will add another 50% volume, if you use the hardware volume option as well as the software volume. Works well with the XtremPro X1.

Steve

Jul 10, 2019 at 8:51 AM Post #4 of 7
Hi If you are using Android you need get USB Audio Player Pro from google play. You can then put it on all your devices. It has it's own driver and will add another 50% volume, if you use the hardware volume option as well as the software volume. Works well with the XtremPro X1.

Steve
Thanks Steve. I don't suppose there is a free software that does the same thing?

Jul 10, 2019 at 9:15 AM Post #5 of 7
Thanks Steve. I don't suppose there is a free software that does the same thing?

Not that I'm aware of. But it is worth the investment. I reluctantly paid for it (not that expensive) and it plays LOUD and clear from the XtremPro X1. if you play music using the USB Pro player and set it up and adjust both software and hardware volume you will get a shock. Your XtremPro X1 will wake up. You only buy it once and you can load it on all the platforms you can. But it is unique and makes a difference. It is the real deal. No I'm not on their payroll.

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2019 at 10:19 PM Post #6 of 7
Not that I'm aware of. But it is worth the investment. I reluctantly paid for it (not that expensive) and it plays LOUD and clear from the XtremPro X1. if you play music using the USB Pro player and set it up and adjust both software and hardware volume you will get a shock. Your XtremPro X1 will wake up.
I installed USB Audio Pro player on my Android phone. You're right, it is well worth the cost. :)

You only buy it once and you can load it on all the platforms you can.
I'm not sure what you mean by this. I downloaded from Google Play and it installed on my phone. It did not install on my Windows 10 2-in-1 laptop or my Windows 10 tablet. (There's nothing unusual about this, none of my Android apps have shown up on my other platforms either.)

I don't imagine I need it for Windows, as I already have level control. Is there some way to install on my Linux NAS or Raspberry Pi?

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2019 at 1:34 AM Post #7 of 7
I installed USB Audio Pro player on my Android phone. You're right, it is well worth the cost. :)

I'm not sure what you mean by this. I downloaded from Google Play and it installed on my phone. It did not install on my Windows 10 2-in-1 laptop or my Windows 10 tablet. (There's nothing unusual about this, none of my Android apps have shown up on my other platforms either.)

I don't imagine I need it for Windows, as I already have level control. Is there some way to install on my Linux NAS or Raspberry Pi?

Sorry I did not explain myself well. It will be OK on multiple Android devices, such as your phone, tablet, and anything android. I can't quite remember if there was an apple version. I'll look at my Ipad mini later. I've put a link that explains a little more about how it works.

https://www.extreamsd.com/index.php/products/usb-audio-player-pro

Hope it brings your XtremPro X1 to life a little. I really like the XtremPro X1, it has hidden talents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back