Yesterday i bought a pair of Beats Solo HD .....
May 14, 2011 at 12:32 AM Post #31 of 58

Quote:
Here? Good impressions on the Solos? I highly doubt that

I was referring to the OP. 
rolleyes.gif

May 14, 2011 at 5:59 AM Post #33 of 58
In my country, they cost twice as much as the M50s. I dunno, I heard them for two hours and thought their SQ did not justify their price. But then, it was a short audition, not a week-long one.

Hm. The new Solo HDs being better than the Studios? I heard the Studios and must say that they were hell to listen to for a week straight...

May 14, 2011 at 1:48 PM Post #35 of 58

Quote:
They isolate very well.

Quote:
Quote:
How well do the solo HD's really isolate though? How do you think they would fair in an NYC subway?

They work well in my underground travel to work, very well I dare say. Isolation is good.

Nice to know! Thanks for the replies. One of these days I hope to give them an audition and then sometime later I may take the plunge if the price ever goes down. 

May 14, 2011 at 1:53 PM Post #36 of 58
Well it's hard to get worse than the original Solos, man those original Solos must have been really really bassheavy, much bassier than Studios:

Notice how recessed/roll-off the highs are LOL, that has to be the most slanting slope frequency response curve I've seen. XB500 looks rather balanced in comparision. Since the mids and highs are so recessed I would see it more like a 20~25dB bass emphasize than 8 ~ 13dB emphasize as you should compare the average value of the bass range vs the average value of mid - high range to get an accurate picture of the bass quantity.

May 14, 2011 at 2:46 PM Post #37 of 58

Quote:
Well it's hard to get worse than the original Solos, man those original Solos must have been really really bassheavy, much bassier than Studios:

Notice how recessed/roll-off the highs are LOL, that has to be the most slanting slope frequency response curve I've seen. XB500 looks rather balanced in comparision. Since the mids and highs are so recessed I would see it more like a 20~25dB bass emphasize than 8 ~ 13dB emphasize as you should compare the average value of the bass range vs the average value of mid - high range to get an accurate picture of the bass quantity.

I tried them. They are good for newbies who don't understand what "dark" sound is. Way in the back, you could discern some vocals.

Jun 3, 2012 at 10:16 PM Post #42 of 58
Someone earlier said they were considering returning their Crossfades for the Solo HD's... Before you do that, and in my opinion make a big mistake, take a peek at this comparison between the Beats Pro's and the Crossfade LP2's: http://www.headphoneinfo.com/content/V-Moda-Crossfade-LP-2-Over-ear-Headphone-Review/Monster-Beats-Pro-Comparison.htm.

While not the same as the LP, they are based off of that sound, and the original Crossfades actually have more bass than the LP2 revision. Plus after some break-in the mids and highs open up a lot as well which is the main complaint I've seen towards those particular headphones (I own the original LP's). You're essentially getting a better build quality, higher freq response, and don't forget you can dropkick your Crossfades and still get V-Moda to give you 50% of the price back towards a new pair of 'phones.

Could always wait for the rumored "sized up" version of the M-80's with 50mm drivers, those are definitely on my "to watch" list.

Jun 3, 2012 at 11:29 PM Post #43 of 58
Quote:
Someone earlier said they were considering returning their Crossfades for the Solo HD's... Before you do that, and in my opinion make a big mistake, take a peek at this comparison between the Beats Pro's and the Crossfade LP2's: http://www.headphoneinfo.com/content/V-Moda-Crossfade-LP-2-Over-ear-Headphone-Review/Monster-Beats-Pro-Comparison.htm.

While not the same as the LP, they are based off of that sound, and the original Crossfades actually have more bass than the LP2 revision. Plus after some break-in the mids and highs open up a lot as well which is the main complaint I've seen towards those particular headphones (I own the original LP's). You're essentially getting a better build quality, higher freq response, and don't forget you can dropkick your Crossfades and still get V-Moda to give you 50% of the price back towards a new pair of 'phones.

Could always wait for the rumored "sized up" version of the M-80's with 50mm drivers, those are definitely on my "to watch" list.

they are not rumored, they are called the m100 and they are coming out soon, there is a thread about them somewere

Jun 4, 2012 at 12:30 AM Post #44 of 58
I'll tell you what, i tried the solos hd and studios, if you're spending that money might as well get studios because they sound wayy cleaner and not as muddy. I got my studios for $75 and solo HDs for $50 so i wasn't complaining, it was worth a try and i sold them all and profited twice to 3x the amount i paid. Just recently decided the studios are too fragile and muddy for my likings so i'm going to be buying the LP2 and hopefully that's a lot cleaner sounding than the beats. The beats aren't horrible, just horrible for the price.

Also in the OP that picture makes it look like the studios. Honestly if you're listening to music on the solo HD, you're missing out on a lot. that's just my opinion. I have shures and audio technica headphones also and when i go from beats to the others the sound so much better!

Jun 4, 2012 at 12:54 AM Post #45 of 58
Quote:
I'll tell you what, i tried the solos hd and studios, if you're spending that money might as well get studios because they sound wayy cleaner and not as muddy. I got my studios for $75 and solo HDs for $50 so i wasn't complaining, it was worth a try and i sold them all and profited twice to 3x the amount i paid. Just recently decided the studios are too fragile and muddy for my likings so i'm going to be buying the LP2 and hopefully that's a lot cleaner sounding than the beats. The beats aren't horrible, just horrible for the price.

Also in the OP that picture makes it look like the studios. Honestly if you're listening to music on the solo HD, you're missing out on a lot. that's just my opinion. I have shures and audio technica headphones also and when i go from beats to the others the sound so much better!

wait till the vmoda m100 comes out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back