Your opinion on 3rd Gen Ipod touch?
May 6, 2012 at 2:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

jorich

New Head-Fier
Hi guys,

I currently use a 32GB Ipod Touch 3rd Generation. Which ipod version do you guys think has the best sound quality? I never use the apps on my ipod so I was thinking about getting a classic which has a much larger capacity but I have heard that they use a hard drive so they can go bad within a few years. And if the sound quality is going to be worse on one of the other ipods I really don't wanna downgrade, i will just keep what I have. Also please don't say anything about any other brands than the apple brands because I don't wanna switch over from apple right now. I have all of my songs and everything in itunes and I really like just loading my CD's into itunes and letting it do all the work for me.

May 6, 2012 at 3:29 PM Post #3 of 25
7G classic, ruler flat frequency response. Wolfoson's overrated, too big a high frequency roll off for me.

May 7, 2012 at 12:33 AM Post #4 of 25
Quote:
7G classic, ruler flat frequency response. Wolfson's overrated, too big a high frequency roll off for me.

+1 on Wolfson being overrrated. I think the 4th-gen Touch has an excellent sound, and if you need it there are a number of good equalizer apps available.

May 7, 2012 at 5:54 AM Post #6 of 25
Quote:
Hi guys,

I currently use a 32GB Ipod Touch 3rd Generation. Which ipod version do you guys think has the best sound quality? I never use the apps on my ipod so I was thinking about getting a classic which has a much larger capacity but I have heard that they use a hard drive so they can go bad within a few years. And if the sound quality is going to be worse on one of the other ipods I really don't wanna downgrade, i will just keep what I have. Also please don't say anything about any other brands than the apple brands because I don't wanna switch over from apple right now. I have all of my songs and everything in itunes and I really like just loading my CD's into itunes and letting it do all the work for me.

Ipod Shuffle 1st Gen , it`s legendary DAP

May 7, 2012 at 5:58 AM Post #7 of 25
Haha i still have a 512mb shuffle, still going Strong, but i dont use it. They are legendary

May 7, 2012 at 12:32 PM Post #9 of 25
+1 on Wolfson being overrrated. I think the 4th-gen Touch has an excellent sound, and if you need it there are a number of good equalizer apps available.

7G classic, ruler flat frequency response. Wolfoson's overrated, too big a high frequency roll off for me.

I agree. The Cirrus chip is excellent.

Now, I did vote to upgrade just for the capacity boost - 32gb to 64gb. I need capacity,...

May 7, 2012 at 12:51 PM Post #10 of 25
Now, I did vote to upgrade just for the capacity boost - 32gb to 64gb. I need capacity,...

Yeah it seems like everybody is preffering those chips over the Wolfoson's. Think if I switch it will be one with the Cirrus chip. Does my Ipod Touch 3rd gen have one of these Cirrus chips anyone know?

May 7, 2012 at 12:51 PM Post #11 of 25
Quote:
What is the largest GB on those Ipod Videos?

The largest GB for the stock ipod video is 80GB but it can be upgraded to 240GB. I personally upgraded a pair of ipod video 30GB's to 120GB's.

Quote:

I believe my iphone 4s has the Cirrus chip. I thought it had pretty good sound until I listened to the RB'd ipod video. Now I can't stand listening to the iphone anymore.

May 7, 2012 at 12:56 PM Post #12 of 25
Use EQu or Equalizer on the iPhone 4s. They're the great "equalizers", if you know what I mean. :wink:

May 7, 2012 at 1:57 PM Post #13 of 25
Quote:
Use EQu or Equalizer on the iPhone 4s. They're the great "equalizers", if you know what I mean.
wink.gif

Unfortunately all EQ's aka digital manipulations have not done anything good for me, including the Cowon J3's. I know many others enjoy the EQ'd sounding.

May 7, 2012 at 2:09 PM Post #15 of 25
Quote:
5G iPod video were  30/60gb, but 5.5G were 30/80gb. If you buy the 5G version ( with fatter back) you can place 240GB hard-drive inside your ipod :wink:

I have read conflicting info about upgrading to 240GB HDD. There are reports saying the 5g's have only 32MB ram not good for the 240GB upgrade.

I have a 5g and 5.5g both the 30GB model. I really want to put in a 240GB HDD if technically possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back