Yuin PK1's
Apr 4, 2008 at 8:18 PM Post #2 of 49
As 'earphones' ......go, what else is there to compared them with?? So i guess the answer is yes.

Apr 4, 2008 at 9:20 PM Post #5 of 49
Well I found that amping the PK1s made them NOTICEABLY better...not just... a bit better, but ALOT better
biggrin.gif

Apr 4, 2008 at 9:31 PM Post #6 of 49
Quote:

Does amping them Significantly improve sound??
By significant, I mean, like 15%.

I can't tell a single difference between the HD25-1 amped and unamped!!!

really it depends on the amp and the headphone itself
the pk1s are high impedance so they were designed to be amped

oh yeah...your own impression is important too
tongue.gif

Apr 5, 2008 at 2:33 AM Post #7 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by adkimemory /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does amping them Significantly improve sound??
By significant, I mean, like 15%.

I can't tell a single difference between the HD25-1 amped and unamped!!!

From my personal experience, amping PK1 turns it from a good earbud into the greatest earbud ever.... I guess that qualified as 'significant', right?
biggrin.gif

Of course, you need to have a good amp to begin with.

Apr 5, 2008 at 4:01 AM Post #9 of 49
I'm still 50/50 on PK1. Although it's high is far better extended than E500's, I find my Pk1 a little recessed in the mid range and the bass is almost non-existence. I'm running mine on corda move and it's been burned in about 100hrs so far. Maybe I need to burn in a little bit more and see what happens.

For now I'm using it with the bass booster on on my ipod and it sort of does the justice.

Apr 5, 2008 at 5:41 AM Post #10 of 49
PK1 isn't know for its bass impact. PK3 would be better on that department, but I doubt it will reach any bass head's standard.

Apr 5, 2008 at 10:26 AM Post #12 of 49
There is a lot of hype going on about the OK phones and maybe rightly so. I'm really eager to try one when it comes out. I think it would be a killer phone if there is any noticeable increase in the bass department than PK1 while having the same clear, detailed sound all around the range.

Apr 5, 2008 at 2:50 PM Post #15 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yes

but the ok1s (will kill) i think, i have tried the ok2s and they are comprable to the pk1s!

Aren't the OK's more of a "canalphone" versus an "earbud"? From the picture I've seen, they appear that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back