Yuin PK2 broke.....thinking of getting Sennheiser MX980 or Yuin PK1 .... which to get?
Jun 27, 2011 at 8:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

awaisuk

New Head-Fier
Yuin PK2 broke.....thinking of getting Sennheiser MX980 or Yuin PK1 .... which to get?

Hey,

My Yuin PK2 broke....now I want to upgrade to more high quality sound earbuds.....can someone tell me which is better between these two:

Sennheiser MX980 or Yuin PK1 ?

I just want good quality sound, better than my previous PK2.

Just want good sound overall, good base, good quality, etc.

I am going to be using these in Ipod and laptop mostly.

Please let me know which is a better choice overall, and note that I want to know which one is better out of the box, no amp or anything extra.

Thanks.

Jun 28, 2011 at 12:23 AM Post #4 of 20
Don't like IEMs? Based on what I've read from Yuin folk the PK2 sort of just gives you a taste of what the PK1 sounds like. Like 80% SQ or something. That last part I pulled out of my...

PK1 NEEDS an amp...which to me is just absurd.

Jun 28, 2011 at 3:20 AM Post #5 of 20
Ya I dont like IEMS.......well now I am thinking of going with MX880?

I think that is a better choice to use without any amp and also get good quality, and its price is also low compared to the rest.

What are your opinions on that?

Thanks.

Jun 28, 2011 at 10:08 AM Post #6 of 20
The Sennheiser MX980 are better sounding earbuds because it shows great amount of details in highs, mids and has good bass extention, impact and soundstage is really big like fullsize headphones.

Jun 28, 2011 at 1:49 PM Post #8 of 20

Quote:
The Sennheiser MX980 are better sounding earbuds because it shows great amount of details in highs, mids and has good bass extention, impact and soundstage is really big like fullsize headphones.

That is without any AMP right?

Please note that I will not be using any AMP, just plugging directly into laptop or ipod

Jun 29, 2011 at 1:45 AM Post #10 of 20
I own the PK2 and MX980.   Love the PK2s, MX980s are great, but don't pay $200 for them.  I got mine from B&H and paid $149 about 1.5months ago.  IMO I just don't think they are worth $200. 

They are a step above the PK2s but for long term use for many people here they are considered the worst as they are a bigger/heavier earbud and just its hard to fit them in your ear. 

You might consider the Sennheiser MX 880, as they are supposed to have a very similar sound signature to the PK1s, you just don't need an amp and there only $59. 

Jun 29, 2011 at 5:20 AM Post #13 of 20
Hi,

Ive got PK1s and MX980's.  The PK1s sound so sweet - but as others have commented need an amp to show their best.  They are also extremely comfortable and you can almost forget you have them in.  The MX980s are probably the more accurate and articulate earphones (certainly more extended hights) and don't need an amp, however they are quite large and heavy for earphones and you will know that you are wearing them.

Its horses for courses I'm afraid.

Ade

Jun 29, 2011 at 6:02 AM Post #15 of 20
I do not see MX980s as not worth their price. They are THE best earbuds at this moment and the quality they provide matches the SQ of headphones i nthis price range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back