ZMF Aegis Official Thread
May 4, 2024 at 7:09 AM Post #166 of 623
Amps_Aegis_Shopify5_1296x.jpg
Wow, I love this picture from the product page. I could sit in this room all day.
Looks like that head with the CC on it exploded from the amazing experience of the CC and Aegis pairing. Totally understandable as my mind is blown everytime I listen to that combo. :grin:

May 4, 2024 at 7:48 AM Post #167 of 623
Amps_Aegis_Shopify5_1296x.jpg
Wow, I love this picture from the product page. I could sit in this room all day.
Funny headphone stand and very nice Caldera closed.
The optic of the Zmf Aegis is personally something I struggle with.
I don't think the transformer look fits so well.
Probably a water based wood transfer print for the transformer cover would be more in harmony with the wood front.
And show a bit more the signature of Zmf by using wood.
Sure it's all a matter of taste at the end of the day as some people like the way it looks.

May 4, 2024 at 7:59 AM Post #168 of 623
some people like the way it looks.
I am most definitely one of those people, and I personally think it's one of the the best looking tube amps ever made. :grin:

It's retro and classy at the same time, and does look way better in person as well. . .

Last edited:
May 4, 2024 at 8:12 AM Post #170 of 623
Looks like that head with the CC on it exploded from the amazing experience of the CC and Aegis pairing. Totally understandable as my mind is blown everytime I listen to that combo. :grin:

The only problem is, when missing half your head, it's harder to get a good seal with the pads. It kind of negates the benefits of closed back headphones.

So, I'm going to take a controversial stance and go on record that it's better to use open back headphones if half of your head is missing.

May 4, 2024 at 8:19 AM Post #171 of 623
The only problem is, when missing half your head, it's harder to get a good seal with the pads. It kind of negates the benefits of closed back headphones.

So, I'm going to take a controversial stance and go on record that it's better to use open back headphones if half of your head is missing.
LOL!!! :sweat_smile:

May 4, 2024 at 11:04 AM Post #172 of 623
I am most definitely one of those people, and I personally think it's one of the the best looking tube amps ever made. :grin:

****It's retro and classy at the same time, and does look way better in person as well. . .****
**** like Aegis, like Wes S ....? 🤣🤣👍

May 4, 2024 at 1:32 PM Post #174 of 623
May 4, 2024 at 2:00 PM Post #175 of 623
One of my favourite albums is The Dark Knight (Collectors Edition). The Aegis with EL38s the sound is so dynamic and punchy, fast, detailed and 3d you feel like you’re there with the dark knight himself… you’re in the music, in the action. Love the energy and adrenaline! Just love this amp so much!!!

May 4, 2024 at 2:04 PM Post #176 of 623
Why does the XLR have less power than 1/4 inch?
Is it possible to have a different faceplate?

https://www.headfonia.com/high-end-munich-2024-preview-2/2/

this guy mentions (comparing to Envy on Raal Magna/Immanis):

"If you prefer an even fuller sound with bigger bass presence, top dynamics and a (very) smooth delivery, the Aegis will blow you away."

May 4, 2024 at 2:09 PM Post #178 of 623
The Aegis' XLR output has more power than the 1/4" output.
Quote from ZMF website: Power: Average of 2 Watts, 1/4" 900mW to 2.5W, XLR 350mW to 1.8W, calculated based on headphones from 8 to 300 ohms.

May 4, 2024 at 2:11 PM Post #179 of 623
Why does the XLR have less power than 1/4 inch?
Is it possible to have a different faceplate?

https://www.headfonia.com/high-end-munich-2024-preview-2/2/

this guy mentions (comparing to Envy on Raal Magna/Immanis):

"If you prefer an even fuller sound with bigger bass presence, top dynamics and a (very) smooth delivery, the Aegis will blow you away."
Quote from ZMF website: Power: Average of 2 Watts, 1/4" 900mW to 2.5W, XLR 350mW to 1.8W, calculated based on headphones from 8 to 300 ohms.

The XLR has slightly higher power output than the 1/4". Power output is anywhere from 1W-2.5W, depending on the impedance setting and headphone impedance. The specs on the product page will be updated.

May 4, 2024 at 2:13 PM Post #180 of 623
Can't explain this discrepancy. All I can tell you is this: when I plug a headphone into the XLR output, the music is louder than when I plug into the 1/4" output.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back