ZMF Verite Open
Feb 7, 2019 at 10:15 PM Post #1,352 of 9,535
That will be great.......

I just found the DACs could be much more expensive than amps................
I was being sarcastic.

If you can't tell the difference between DACs, you're blessed. It means you don't need to buy expensive ones. Heck, your smart phone will probably do.

Feb 8, 2019 at 1:44 AM Post #1,353 of 9,535
new review has posted on earphiles, but it is about ifi pro idsd. I may be wrong, but vertie review seems still months away, if coming.
ifi pro dsd seems very interesting though. Feel I need to get one.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2019 at 7:34 AM Post #1,354 of 9,535
new review has posted on earphiles, but it is about ifi pro idsd. I may be wrong, but vertie review seems still months away, if coming.
ifi pro dsd seems very interesting though. Feel I need to get one.
To be honest I don't think we really need anymore reviews. We actually have plenty and they all share pretty much the same experience. Only thing I see people experience different is the size of the soundstage. But that probly has to do with amp and dac pairing

Feb 8, 2019 at 9:29 AM Post #1,356 of 9,535
Feb 8, 2019 at 12:23 PM Post #1,357 of 9,535
Feb 8, 2019 at 3:00 PM Post #1,358 of 9,535
Here's a new one;
https://audio-head.com/review-the-zmf-aeolus-verite-headphones/

Doesn't say very much actually, except Auteur has more bass than Verite (is that really true?)

Here's what I thought when I had a demo Verite a few months ago. Note the Auteur's were Blackwood's, which do have more bass heft and quantity than the Teak/Silk Auteurs.
Vertie and Auteur comparison: This was a very interesting comparison and really shed some light on the enigmatic Verite. For the comparison I used the THX AAA 789 Amp, Michanikos cable and Verite pads on the Verite and Auteur Pads on the Auteur. My Auteur is Blackwood and as I mentioned earlier, the Verite is Pheasantwood.

Verite vs Auteur: First thing that is immediately noticeable is the Be drivers of the Verite are FAST. Way faster than the Auteur’s, which aren’t a slouch by any means. The Verite wins in quite a few technical aspects due to its drivers. Quicker transients, micro details, superior instrument separation, bass speed and bass texture. It also has very captivating staging, that’s almost 3D sounding. The Verite overall is more dynamic, but yet at the same time has more finesse than the Auteur.

Auteur vs Verite: The Auteur has a fuller, more cohesive overall sound than the Verite. It has slightly weightier bass with more decay and reverb. Tonality of the Auteur is smoother, but yet is a tad more extended in the highs. It also has a slightly wider soundstage, but with more traditional imaging compared to the Verite. I found it to be also more forgiving on poorly recorded songs.

Feb 8, 2019 at 3:09 PM Post #1,359 of 9,535
Verite pads sound much less bass heavy vs. Universal pads, so maybe that review was using the same pad configuration you were?

Feb 8, 2019 at 5:50 PM Post #1,360 of 9,535
The Verite has arrived to join my ZMF collection!

9939645_l.jpg

Feb 9, 2019 at 8:59 AM Post #1,362 of 9,535
The Verite has arrived to join my ZMF collection!

9939645_l.jpg

Gorgeous.

Would love to hear your impressions of these three headphones regarding nothing but the bass notes :)

Feb 9, 2019 at 3:20 PM Post #1,364 of 9,535
To be honest I don't think we really need anymore reviews. We actually have plenty and they all share pretty much the same experience. Only thing I see people experience different is the size of the soundstage. But that probly has to do with amp and dac pairing

His review is interesting. If you take a look at his blog, he appreciates a range of a rather bright headphone like the Utopia to a darker one like lcd2c.
He seems to like the Utopia most among others. But he is not die hard for either dark or bright headphones, while some reviewers are either a warmpoo or a treble-head.
That's why I follow his blogs and am interested in knowing his opinions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back