Zomo HD1200 va Senn HD515
Oct 2, 2012 at 8:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

kaparoni

New Head-Fier
First , sorry for my English ...

I can't exactly compare between those two , since they are different but , still , comparing them to other headphones I have tried the last few days , I think one of them should be the best pair for my test.

Zomo HD1200 - First thing I have noticed is they are big , and since I'll be traveling with the headphones I thought it wouldn't be so comfortable to take them with me , but after trying them they seems to be comfotable and light. Wearing them for long time it's not a big issue ( tough my ears became warm after waering them for about an hour or so...).
I didn't try them out with the fabric earbuds so I can't say much about them but as for the leather ones , they make the bass the dominant range . The mids and high are stay behind . I heard the fabric ones are cuasing to the opposite...
Anyway , I like the bass on those . It's not too bommy , but I'm not sure about the mids and high yet. Also this pair don't need any amp ( 24ohm ) so they sounds good without it ( but I have an Fiio E11 amp which I can use with them if I want).

Senn HD515 - first , they are comfortable and very light . It makes them great pair of headphones for traveling . Not as the Zomo , the HD515 have well balanced sound which put the mids , high and bass in the same level. The problem is , they need an amp for decent sound. Without an amp they are useless ...
The thing is , I need my new set of headphones to be portable and I don't think I'm going to care an amp with me , in addition to the headphones . Also , the detachable cable including 6.5 mm plug which means I need to put an 3.5 plug on it , to be able to listen to my music on the go ...

Currently it seems I'll choose the Zomo , but I'll be glad for some advise .

Thx!!:xf_eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back