3D printed stax sigma enclosure?
Sep 19, 2019 at 8:55 PM Post #16 of 30
I have been thinking about this myself for a long time. The main difference is that I am thinking of using my Koss ESP-950 drivers. Basically I would be strapping the koss drivers on the outside of the enclosure . Since the drivers can easily removed from the headband.

Sep 20, 2019 at 8:20 AM Post #17 of 30
One hard part was connecting the drivers onto the enclosure I tried double sided tape but none was strong enough (the drivers always fell off), I ended up having to epoxy glue one of the sides of the driver onto the enclosure making sure not to get any glue into the drivers (which would have broken it) this worked of course now they are in there permanently, as far as strapping them in I guess that is possible but they are open air so you need to make sure most of the holes in the drivers aren't covered so the air can get in (you can try it and see if it works), strapping them on would certainly be safer than gluing.

I was very careful not to get any glue into the driver (which would have broken it) I layed the driver down flat against the enclosure and only glued the side of the driver (not the front) on to the enclosure and I used 5 minute epoxy so it would dry fast, and it worked.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2019 at 8:44 AM Post #19 of 30
Either they used some stronger type of double sided tape (I couldn't find any tape that strong) or it was some kind of rubber cement type glue it was attached to the front of the drivers
but I didnt want to do that and risk any glue getting into the drivers so I just glued the side of the drivers on to the enclosure, if you can strap them on without covering over too many of the holes that would certainly be safer than glue.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2019 at 11:56 AM Post #20 of 30
Either they used some stronger type of double sided tape (I couldn't find any tape that strong) or it was some kind of rubber cement type glue it was attached to the front of the drivers
but I didnt want to do that and risk any glue getting into the drivers so I just glued the side of the drivers on to the enclosure, if you can strap them on without covering over too many of the holes that would certainly be safer than glue.

Or maybe there is a double sided tape that is strong enough to hold the drivers in place
but I couldn't find it, but if there is that would be the best solution.

Sep 20, 2019 at 9:29 PM Post #21 of 30
I was thinking of using oversized rubber bands, 2 on each driver. That way no harm or damage to my Koss.

Sep 20, 2019 at 10:04 PM Post #23 of 30
Couldn't we just use bolts as posts on say four corners and nuts and washers to clamp it down?

Oct 4, 2019 at 12:19 AM Post #24 of 30
is it possible to archive or order spare driver pair and cable for some broken headphones that I have (like you said about the sigma that repaired to 404)?

someone done the enclosure/cage for Stax Sigma before, cant find any link at this moment.

I finished the headphones they sound great and look pretty good too (I used the regular bias stax drivers, the pro bias ones are a bit thicker
so I'm not sure they will fit right inside the enclosers they might need to be attached on the frone wall (outside the enclosers) otherwise the ears might be too close to the drivers).

Here's a pic of accustic foam I used to fill up some of the empty space in the enclosures, I took this pic before a I attached the side wall onto the enclosure.

Here's a pic of the foam from the ear hole side.
Nice job! pretty like it.
I think that someone can 3d-printing it and use it
but it could be difficult to place the driver inside it

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2019 at 12:53 AM Post #25 of 30
I actually got the Sigma regular bias drivers on ebay from Stax France back in the 1990s (cost $100 for a pair) but I never used them
until I made the enclosures for them recently, I don't know if any sells them anymore.

Oct 4, 2019 at 2:02 AM Post #26 of 30
I actually got the Sigma regular bias drivers on ebay from Stax France back in the 1990s (cost $100 for a pair) but I never used them
until I made the enclosures for them recently, I don't know if any sells them anymore.
if this days it was possible to order a pair for this price, I will order 2 =D

Oct 4, 2019 at 3:04 AM Post #27 of 30
Yeah at that time Stax France was selling off their spare (replacement) parts on ebay, I got a pair of regular bias Sigma and a Pair of Pro Bias Lambda drivers both for $100 a pair,
but that was in the 1990s, I made enclosures for the Pro Bias Lambdas recently too (but I made those enclosures in a conventional design so they aren't like the Sigmas).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back