ALO Continental PortableTube Amp
Sep 9, 2013 at 9:07 PM Post #92 of 94
You need it to have ventilation for the tubes. I have V1 and never would put it in a sealed space.

So should I take from this that people essentially treat their Continental rigs more like "transportable" rather than portable rigs per se?
I'd love to find a way to listen to my Continental rig when walking or snowmobiling but the overheating issue is a worry I haven't found a solution to.

Sep 9, 2013 at 10:47 PM Post #93 of 94
I use my Continental around the house, in the backyard, and while traveling. My permanent setup is in the bedroom. If I'm walking around, I'll just plug a portable headphone right into my iPod or phone.

Sep 10, 2013 at 3:50 PM Post #94 of 94
I've been hesitant to post since my experience is somewhat limited, but I have used my V1 in a bag several times and while it gets pretty warm, it never approached any temperature that I grew overly concerned with.  I've only done it a few times so it's hard for me to speak with authority on this one.

I'd say give it a try in our bag walking.  You can check it out at a few intervals to make sure it's not getting too hot, but remember to expect it to get pretty warm.  

I'm not not sure I'd use a tube amp for snowmobiling.  I know that tube in there was rated for hard use, but I just don't like the idea.  Maybe if the tube was a little easier to replace...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back