Alo Interconnect for Sony Walkman
Mar 17, 2010 at 5:28 PM Post #136 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by 7swell /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For those who have it, how does it compare to amping the hp out of the walkman? I just want to know if there is there an appreciable difference before I jump on this.

Which Walkman do you own. The newer S & X series have very decent amp sections.

Mar 18, 2010 at 5:48 AM Post #138 of 145
EQ still works, even though I'm not sk3383....
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 19, 2010 at 5:19 PM Post #140 of 145
Dear Ken,
Does the walkman line out dock work like wadia itransport? I don't think so , am I correct ? & the use with headphone amp with DAC is not necessary. It only transfers analog signal out to be amplified by
the headphone amp to drive the can that is difficult to drive but may
not be very useful for the one who has sensitive IEM.
thanks,

Mar 19, 2010 at 9:07 PM Post #142 of 145
Dear Ken,
If my sony walkman does not support FLAC but do support WAV.
Do you know a good software for converting Apple lossless file kept in to intunes library into WAV? to be used with walk man?
Which amplifier will be the best match with this system of sony nwz x1060, RSA shadow to drive IE8, Westone 3 , HD-600 and HE-5 headphone from china? Most of my listening is classical, classical crossover and symphonic meetal
thanks,
thanks,
Kiertijai

Mar 20, 2010 at 3:19 PM Post #144 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by kiertijai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dear Ken,
Does the walkman line out dock work like wadia itransport? I don't think so , am I correct ? & the use with headphone amp with DAC is not necessary. It only transfers analog signal out to be amplified by
the headphone amp to drive the can that is difficult to drive but may
not be very useful for the one who has sensitive IEM.
thanks,

Yes, its analog out. The ALO Sony cable does circumnavigate the internal headphone output stage, which is what we want.

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Feb 11, 2014 at 10:36 PM Post #145 of 145
Hi Ken,  sorry to dredge up an old thread.  But I have just taken delivery of a Sony NW ZX1, and was looking to try and use it in conjunction with my RSA Predator headphone amp. 

Are you still selling the ALO Sony LOD?  As I have checked your website, but am unable to find it listed.  It's been a bit of a nightmare trying to find a cable that would be up to the task, excluding the cheap and cheerful cables found on Ebay.

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back