aptX Adaptive / aptX Lossless USB Transmitters
Apr 22, 2024 at 8:48 AM Post #2,056 of 2,086
I guess I'm a bit confused on how sound quality can be improved in this instance, if the bitrate remains 1,200kbps. Even at 16/44.1 that's not quite lossless since the bitrate for that file would theoretically be 1,411? 24/48 would only require more compression, wouldn't it? I'm not as informed as a lot of you guys are on bluetooth stuff so I'd love to be corrected. I wish they published clearer information on these changes.
My 16/44.1 FLAC music files are lossless, and they range from 700 to 900kbps. WAV @ 16/44.1 would need more bits, because it includes bits when nothing is there, where FLAC is Lossless, but removes any unnecessary data. So, 16/44.1 FLAC files should be easily able to be sent LOSSLESS with 1,200kbps or band with ?

Apr 22, 2024 at 11:02 AM Post #2,057 of 2,086
Mini Sony Pulse Elites 2.4ghz wireless headphones Review

The sound quality though coming from the Pulse elites are very good though considering the £130 price tag, they sound similar if not better to my B&W PX8s which are £600-700+ wireless hps and considered some of the best sounding wireless hps going but I am going off ear memory since don't have them anymore.

There does appear to be a lack of bass though many may not like this, the artics Pros or PX7s, PX8s have more bass.

Latency appears decent but maybe a slight fraction below the artic pros wireless I use as my daily drivers, so you can see some lip sync issues at times.

There does not appear to be any sony software or firmware updates for the adaptor via PC and windows 11. I believe its available via PS5 consoles only.

The pulse elite pads are terrible, thin and your ears will touch the driver and things can get toasty after an while also.

The design is freaky, since the headphone arms stick out too much and the microphone although retractable also sticks out towards your mouth, these were designed for gamers only not really for music, tv or casual audio listeners which is a shame since their previous pulse series got the design better imo and for the small amount of money these have the best sound quality I have heard to date from a pair of Wireless headphones.

Id imagine the Audeze Maxwell will be better and they should have better bass over the Sony Pulse elites.

Apr 22, 2024 at 3:37 PM Post #2,058 of 2,086
goal is playin COD
Imagine this once was a forum for high fidelity headphone gear. I wonder when it was the last time people asked something to get closer to reality in sound. Smh
Btw with the headphones that are named on the last couple of sides of this thread the question about losless codecs is pretty much obsolet.
Also if anyone really thinks to be able to tell higher quality compression than a cd in a proper setup blind test, i ameilling to pay 1.000 EUR immediately.
People getting crazy by marketing hype probably might want to read about basic compression algorythms and audio codecs before thinking about bitrates to stream with. Just sayin..

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2024 at 5:26 PM Post #2,059 of 2,086
Imagine this once was a forum for high fidelity headphone gear. I wonder when it was the last time people asked something to get closer to reality in sound. Smh
Btw with the headphones that are named on the last couple of sides of this thread the question about losless codecs is pretty much obsolet.
Also if anyone really thinks to be able to tell higher quality compression than a cd in a proper setup blind test, i ameilling to pay 1.000 EUR immediately.
People getting crazy by marketing hype probably might want to read about basic compression algorythms and audio codecs before thinking about bitrates to stream with. Just sayin..
Agree, I do think that some (Maybe a lot) or higher res recordings are actually Better Actual Records and Get Better Studio Processing Quality; Which can also 16/44.1 sound better. But a lot of CD's were made from poor Recording Quality Tapes, and Poor Studio Editing. So Higher Res often do sound better; but maybe not because of bitrate alone.

Apr 24, 2024 at 4:57 AM Post #2,060 of 2,086
AK3040 Pro Max doesn't work on my Sennheiser momentum true wireless 4. I can't get it to pairing and when it does, it just came up with "0002:5b:00ffbf" as its name, not AK3040 Pro Max and there's no sound. Has anyone have experience with this paring before?

Apr 24, 2024 at 2:17 PM Post #2,063 of 2,086
Yeah, just reread it. Wish I had known this first before ordered my AK3040 pro max. Hopefully MTW4 firmware update will fix that.
My frustration has led me to order the FMA120 as a replacement already.
I assume you can return it. I wouldn’t get my hopes up, but 2x LE receivers from different brands are about to launch rn at the same time. So I’m hoping this is the official industry wide release time for Qualcomm on LE.

Apr 24, 2024 at 6:08 PM Post #2,064 of 2,086
Imagine contributing to the thread in question.

Apr 24, 2024 at 6:17 PM Post #2,065 of 2,086
Yeah, just reread it. Wish I had known this first before ordered my AK3040 pro max. Hopefully MTW4 firmware update will fix that.
My frustration has led me to order the FMA120 as a replacement already.
I did also...

Apr 25, 2024 at 3:27 PM Post #2,068 of 2,086
Does FMA 120 remember multiple devices and is the app required to switch between devices? Also, where to buy that dongle in Europe? (Official site refers to some N-Consulting as their distributor, but actual product link gives 404 error.)
It has multiple devices, but no ability to choose or switch which one. It will grab whatever is available. My Chinese RGB ceiling fan is extremely aggressive and will hijack bluetooth pairing if I forget to turn the lights off when pairing. This is a demo unit for other companies to make bluetooth devices from so I don't think they care beyond demonstrating it works(usually those devices come with an external button to control that if there's no windows interface).

Apr 26, 2024 at 5:10 AM Post #2,069 of 2,086
Imagine this once was a forum for high fidelity headphone gear.
I dare say we're almost reaching a plateau of "goodness" audio quality wise, outside of personal taste of what a sound should sound like.

where or what do you think is left undone or needs to be focused on?

from my PoV we can improve the hi quality audio "experience", with directly touching audio quality, other areas inside that sphere. better battery? lower Latency? lighter products? Maybe MEMs shut me up and are this major breakthru everyones clamouring about

obv don't drink the content creator snapdragon koolaid but at least QC is pushing some hype for normies to invest and push the cart further

Apr 26, 2024 at 6:07 AM Post #2,070 of 2,086
I dare say we're almost reaching a plateau of "goodness" audio quality wise, outside of personal taste of what a sound should sound like.

where or what do you think is left undone or needs to be focused on?

from my PoV we can improve the hi quality audio "experience", with directly touching audio quality, other areas inside that sphere. better battery? lower Latency? lighter products? Maybe MEMs shut me up and are this major breakthru everyones clamouring about

obv don't drink the content creator snapdragon koolaid but at least QC is pushing some hype for normies to invest and push the cart further

hifi means high fidelity which means as close to reality as possible. it has nothing to do with details, "musical sound" what anyone likes or dislikes. it was about trying to come as close as possible to what you hear when you are standing in front of musicians. no harman mass tastes, not ultra high resultion, no extension at the ends of the frequency response, nothing everyone and their mother is discussing these days. since the beats headphones came up, the masses think they know what "good sound" has to be like. harman wrote a scientific paper about what the masses thinks this kind of sound is like and as the masses are what companys make the most money from, most companys went this masses route. and that is what we now have in "hifi". its all about marketing bs with either crazy numbers only people that "believe" think they can hear or with sound signatures the masses like. hifiman for example noticed, "oh it seems like the masses think exaggerated treble equals details, lets make some headphones like this" Qualcom thought "oh the masses think the higher resolution the better, they even think they can hear differences in resolutions above 164kbs AAC compression. Lets find some ways to push this agenda" and so on. i dont even want to begin with the cable industry. omg, what people think they can hear regarding cables has become so ridiculous. Even the producer Georg Lucas jumped on this by creating his THX brand, because people thought loud bass in cinemas equals good sound and THX still catches so many people, although it has nothing to do with "good sound", than than they needed a new marketing instrument and created high res. What on earth is high res sound? Why shouldnt a cd not be high res? they already tried similar with Super audio CDs, which still some people believe in. and than there are many things that became trends because of all that mess, like the people that bought "ultra resolving" aka bright headphones nowadays think they need tube amps and r2r dacs because they sound more "musical" but finally it is just their subconsciousness that tells them, their headphones dont sound like reality, lets find ways to tame the exaggerated treble. This has become such a cash cow for many companies one profiting from the other and people still think they have "hifi" as a hobby and throw their money at the flashiest taste of the month, but still dont know at all what hifi is about. It even has become much easier for companies as all the badly educated "influencers" with zero knowledge about physics transport all the marketing propaganda and people believe they are the ones, that they should trust. everyone should instead read at least one or two scientific papers about psychoacoustics, at least the "believers". now roast me if you want to, idc...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back