Astell&Kern Launches New R-2R DAP and IEMs at High End Munich 2023
Mar 25, 2024 at 6:46 PM Post #691 of 721
Anyone can direct me to a step by step guide to jailbreak my se300? I just want to install Roon Arc and some basic podcast player... Thanks!

Mar 26, 2024 at 1:00 AM Post #693 of 721
SE300 Wi-Fi issue will be fixed in next firmware update expected in April. Once I have a confirmed date, I will share. The April firmware update will also add support for Roon Arc app to SE300.
Finally! Fantastic news @JasonNYC.

Mar 26, 2024 at 4:00 PM Post #694 of 721
SE300 Wi-Fi issue will be fixed in next firmware update expected in April. Once I have a confirmed date, I will share. The April firmware update will also add support for Roon Arc app to SE300.
@JasonNYC , will new battery settings like disabling charging in USB DAC mode or to stop charging at e.g. 80% also be included? As already discussed here in this thread. That would be very helpful

Mar 26, 2024 at 4:17 PM Post #695 of 721
@JasonNYC , will new battery settings like disabling charging in USB DAC mode or to stop charging at e.g. 80% also be included? As already discussed here in this thread. That would be very helpful
Not that I know of, but I have not see all of what the next firmware update will include. Let me follow up with the team and will report back.

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com
Mar 27, 2024 at 12:12 AM Post #696 of 721
If you are looking for both Tidal and Qobuz, I would suggest checking out mConnect. It is available for both iOS and Android phones/tablets. It's the program that I typically use instead of AK Connect. Actually, since AK Connect on the player is compatible with DLNA protocol, any DLNA-based app will work with AK players. mConnect just happens to be one of my personal favorite and a bit more robust than the AK Connect app. The free version works fine, the paid version removes ads and adds some additional features ($5.99 here in the US for the paid version).

iOS - https://apps.apple.com/us/app/mconnect-player/id503760460
Android - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.conversdigital&pcampaignid=web_share
I am trying mConnect. How do you get it to play gapless on the SE300? Gapless to app and gapless to renderer settings don't seem to make any difference. I have gapless turned on on the SE300.

Apr 1, 2024 at 10:08 AM Post #697 of 721
After reading the whole thread, I've been convinced to buy the SE300 to go with my Stellia :) I had a M17 that I loved despite its bulkiness but someone stole it 2 weeks ago :cry::cry::cry:
I ordered the SE300 which was at a crazy cost of 138600 yen brand new from a local dealer flash sale (~$913!) and I can't wait for it to come here!
The Hiby R8II also made me wondering but it's 356800 yen here (~$2378), almost 3x the price of the SE300...
How do you compare the M17 with SE300? (Especially for something like the Stellia, I saw someone praising the combo a few pages before)

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2024 at 12:59 PM Post #699 of 721
After reading the whole thread, I've been convinced to buy the SE300 to go with my Stellia :) I had a M17 that I loved despite its bulkiness but someone at my workplace stole it 2 weeks ago :cry::cry::cry:
I ordered the SE300 which was at a crazy cost of 140000 yen brand new from a local dealer flash sale (~$934!) and I can't wait for it to come here!
The Hiby R8II also made me wondering but it's 356800 yen here (~$2378), almost 3x the price of the SE300...
How do you compare the M17 with SE300? (Especially for something like the Stellia, I saw someone praising the combo a few pages before)
We need the name of this dealer :wink:

Apr 1, 2024 at 9:50 PM Post #701 of 721
After reading the whole thread, I've been convinced to buy the SE300 to go with my Stellia :) I had a M17 that I loved despite its bulkiness but someone at my workplace stole it 2 weeks ago :cry::cry::cry:
I ordered the SE300 which was at a crazy cost of 140000 yen brand new from a local dealer flash sale (~$934!) and I can't wait for it to come here!
lowest I saw is 198000 yen, didnt expect can go as low as 140000, this is crazy...

Apr 4, 2024 at 1:01 AM Post #702 of 721
I used Fujiya Avic, but the price only works if you are in Japan. From abroad, you would get it for ~220000 yen and it's out of stock currently... I didn't receive it yet as well.
Update: It arrives tomorrow!!!

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2024 at 1:49 PM Post #703 of 721
@JasonNYC

When I have an issue with my device, do I reach out to the dealer, or you guys directly?

I'll try to be brief... I've been struggling for the past month or so talking with ZMF and Hart Audio Cables trying to find out why I'm getting terrible noise from the 4.4mm Line Out to the ZMF Homage via XLR. After purchasing different cables and having the amp come back from RMA, I realized I still had my old iBasso DX200 that I could test. Come to find out, it was the SE300 having the issue. DX200 was dead silent. Not sure if it's specific to my device, or it's a design issue with the 4.4mm.

Apr 8, 2024 at 11:12 AM Post #704 of 721
Picked up an SE300 in Tokyo around Xmas — excellent sounding DAP. First A&K product but won’t be my last. Really impressed.

A few questions / suggestions would love to get some feedback on.

1. As others have requested, can we get an 80% charge limit / USB DAC mode charge disable? Would be great to extend the battery lifespan that way.

2. Is the DSD path direct or is there a DSD->PCM conversion?

3. Does anyone know of any ASR/L7-style measurements of this thing? Again, I think this thing sounds great but am really curious what kind of linearity they’re getting from the resistor ladder.

I have seen the brief measurements posted in this thread (from a Japanese blog).

Thanks in advance for any responses

Apr 8, 2024 at 12:41 PM Post #705 of 721
Hey @JasonNYC ! Any news about the next firmware release date? Roon Arc is fantastic but please: whitelist a podcast app as well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back