Audeze Filter
Nov 16, 2021 at 12:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 73
Yes, this is Head-Fi and not really a speaker forum. But we thought some of you might be interested in our new product.
As Covid has upended our daily lives, most of us spend time on Zoom/Teams meetings all day. it is the same size as a typical smart phone and has a 105 mm x 70 mm Planar speaker. We designed a new product for the hybrid workforce. A small speaker phone with microphone that you can use for your online meetings or conference calls. It has built in AI that can identify and remove most house-hold noises automagically! Small enough to be carried easily on your backpack to the office, but powerful enough for a 6-8 people conference call.

We just launched it on IndieGoGo today. Shipping it early in Jan/Feb 2022. Click here https://igg.me/at/AudezeFilter/x/28041455#/
FILTER_LifeStyle_001.jpg
FILTER_Title.jpg

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Nov 16, 2021 at 1:13 PM Post #2 of 73
This is... interesting. The early impressions I got from the original email btw seemed to be that of a portable speakerphone, while the Indiegogo page also highlights the AI nosie cancellation. Honestly I can't imagine ever using a speaker for any online meetings or anything but I guess there's enough of a market for people who prefer doing conference calls with speakers?

On a seperate note, this is technically Audeze's first speaker, right?

Nov 16, 2021 at 1:35 PM Post #4 of 73
Out first speaker was technically our first product. It was not consumer focussed. It still is in our cafeteria area. Speaker array.jpg
So Audeze Floor Standing Speakers when?!

Nov 16, 2021 at 1:36 PM Post #5 of 73
The technology doesn't make sense to me. **I'm** still hearing these environmental noises, so while others won't hear them because of this device, I am likely to be distracted. A good pair of noise-canceling headphones (e.g., Bose, Sony), along with the background noise filter that is built into Zoom, keeps me and others on the call from hearing most or all of the noise. I've used a pair of Sony WH-1000MX2 for this purpose while conducting psychotherapy sessions since the pandemic started. Works very well, and I understand that newer models have even better noise cancellation.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2021 at 1:51 PM Post #6 of 73
I kinda want to buy this because I'm a tech nerd, but even I am struggling to see the value in this thing. Hope it's a success for Audeze though.

Nov 16, 2021 at 2:01 PM Post #7 of 73
I kinda want to buy this because I'm a tech nerd, but even I am struggling to see the value in this thing. Hope it's a success for Audeze though.
Seems like it would be great for people doing the WFH thing and need to be on conference calls.

Nov 16, 2021 at 2:09 PM Post #9 of 73
Seems like it would be great for people doing the WFH thing and need to be on conference calls.
But that’s exactly what I do and still don’t see the value.

Nov 16, 2021 at 2:17 PM Post #10 of 73
I'm in for one, mostly out of curiosity.

Nov 16, 2021 at 2:18 PM Post #11 of 73
Different strokes for different folks I guess. I’m on calls for probably 2/3rds of my work week and I switch between a hockey puck style mic/speaker for conference calls I don’t have to speak much and a Bluetooth earpiece for when I’m leading a call or having a 1-on-1 and both leave a lot to be desired. I searched for a while for something better and didn’t find anything that was worth the cost. This seems like it might fit the bill if it sounds good with media playback as well.

A95B91E4-EBFF-4190-A146-3EE6E504B10A.jpeg

Nov 16, 2021 at 2:19 PM Post #12 of 73
But that’s exactly what I do and still don’t see the value.
What do you use for conference calls now? Most people don’t have landlines anymore, and the quality of cellphone speaker phones is often not great.

Since this is headfi I suppose you could wear a headphone with a microphone, but I personally hate wearing headphones while working, I’m sure others feel the same way.

Nov 16, 2021 at 2:38 PM Post #14 of 73
What do you use for conference calls now? Most people don’t have landlines anymore, and the quality of cellphone speaker phones is often not great.

Since this is headfi I suppose you could wear a headphone with a microphone, but I personally hate wearing headphones while working, I’m sure others feel the same way.
A Logitech webcam. I guess if you’re forced to use archaic crap that requires a phone call this might be a bit more useful. But a Logitech webcam + MacBook speakers are more than robust enough with modern tools. Perhaps this is more aimed at the old corporate america kind of person.

Nov 16, 2021 at 3:01 PM Post #15 of 73
A Logitech webcam. I guess if you’re forced to use archaic crap that requires a phone call this might be a bit more useful. But a Logitech webcam + MacBook speakers are more than robust enough with modern tools. Perhaps this is more aimed at the old corporate america kind of person.
If you don't have kid(s) running around screaming, or dog(s) barking at the mail man, etc., when working from home and in generally a noise free environment, then it would have less of an appeal. But for those working from home like me, I don't even have to bother muting the the speakerphone with FILTER (previously, I had do it even when it is quiet to avoid keyboard noise). Sometimes things can get noisy and even a shut door may not help. Last year there were several instances I had to take calls from inside my closet!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back