Audeze Filter
Nov 16, 2021 at 3:10 PM Post #16 of 73
If you don't have kid(s) running around screaming, or dog(s) barking at the mail man, etc., when working from home and in generally a noise free environment, then it would have less of an appeal. But for those working from home like me, I don't even have to bother muting the the speakerphone with FILTER (previously, I had do it even when it is quiet to avoid keyboard noise). Sometimes things can get noisy and even a shut door may not help. Last year there were several instances I had to take calls from inside my closet!
I Live in a dense city with an apartment building being thrown up right next to me and crackheads in the street yelling almost everyday. Usually have my window open and still don’t have issues 🤷‍♂️. To each their own, hopefully this product makes sense to enough people.

Nov 16, 2021 at 3:20 PM Post #17 of 73
So I assume this is a portable conference system (speaker phone) like the Jabra Speak 510/710 or Sennheiser EXPAND Speakerphone SP 30? If yes the form factor is quite interesting as it would be quite easy to stow it in the bag. The others are quite bulky. But I am little concerned if it can generate enough volume looking at its size if used in an office with mutliple attendees. And how durable is the planar speaker if carried in a bag (dust, bumps etc.).

Nov 16, 2021 at 3:35 PM Post #18 of 73
So I assume this is a portable conference system (speaker phone) like the Jabra Speak 510/710 or Sennheiser EXPAND Speakerphone SP 30? If yes the form factor is quite interesting as it would be quite easy to stow it in the bag. The others are quite bulky. But I am little concerned if it can generate enough volume looking at its size if used in an office with mutliple attendees. And how durable is the planar speaker if carried in a bag (dust, bumps etc.).
It looks deceivingly slim but it uses a 107 x 70 mm driver, it can get plenty loud and it has a 'ludicrous' loud mode if you want to use it in a conference room, due to the dipole nature, you don't have to be in front of the speaker, it is audible all around and you could place it in the center of a conference table. It is very similar in size and thickness as a phone and it comes with a case, the speaker enclosure is aluminum and is quite sturdy, it was designed for portability and travel.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2021 at 5:12 PM Post #21 of 73
Yes. 4 or 5 of them horizontally and you get a soundbar
Omnidirectional conference calls are in my future it seems

Nov 16, 2021 at 5:59 PM Post #23 of 73
we
A Logitech webcam. I guess if you’re forced to use archaic crap that requires a phone call this might be a bit more useful. But a Logitech webcam + MacBook speakers are more than robust enough with modern tools. Perhaps this is more aimed at the old corporate america kind of person.
Ah, gotcha. I religiously avoid webcams and video when I have to do an online meeting or conference call. You don’t need to see me, I don’t need to see you, it adds nothing to the proceedings. If there’s visual information that needs to be shared just make it a Teams meeting and throw up the PowerPoint.

Nov 16, 2021 at 7:24 PM Post #24 of 73
Does it filter out my keyboard typing? I have a clicky keyboard and would love to be able to type while on a call without everyone hearing it.

Nov 17, 2021 at 1:31 AM Post #28 of 73
I want to want this, can anyone help me justify buying it when I already have 3 zoom options ( Beoplay A1; LCD-2 Closed + desktop USB mic; LCD-XC + GX boom mice + SoundblasterX G6)

Nov 17, 2021 at 1:35 AM Post #29 of 73
I wonder how well this will work as a bluetooth speaker for music playback. I did see in the FAQ this device is a great portable speaker for podcast, what about music?

Nov 17, 2021 at 2:06 AM Post #30 of 73
Would be nice if it had a headphone jack. Then that way can use the FILTER's microphone and AI tech to filter out background noise but also headphones so no one else around could hear what's being discussed. I'd buy it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back