Aune S9c Pro - Impressions thread
Sep 12, 2023 at 4:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 82

Ichos

Reviewer at hxosplus
This is a thread for discussing about the Aune S9c Pro.
aune-s9c-pro-dac-2x-es9068as-discreet-headphone-amplifier-5w-bluetooth-32bit-768khz-dsd512-mqa...jpg

The Aune S9c Pro is a all-in-one desktop DAC/amp with an excellent audio performance as you can read in my Aune S9c Pro review.
Feel free to comment and share your impressions if you own one.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2023 at 4:07 PM Post #2 of 82
I am waiting( I ordered..) to try it. Hope that it will last because quality control know to be issue with Chinese brands but I think aune is mature and don't intensive produce like some other brands...for headamp up to you is superb, less as dac but dual dac promise good sound..we will see

Oct 3, 2023 at 12:07 AM Post #4 of 82
A recent audition of the Hifiman HE1000se reveals the limitation of my amp (X7) and maybe DAC too.
Looking to upgrade, most likely, to the S9c or the S17 Pro. That's what happen if you trying out/messing with higher tier equipment and caught the upgrade bug. :rolling_eyes:

How's the DAC portion of Aune S9c compares to the Aune X8 with discrete opamp?

I'm more incline toward the Aune S17 Pro plus the X8 at the moment.

Oct 3, 2023 at 1:15 AM Post #5 of 82
A recent audition of the Hifiman HE1000se reveals the limitation of my amp (X7) and maybe DAC too.
Looking to upgrade, most likely, to the S9c or the S17 Pro. That's what happen if you trying out/messing with higher tier equipment and caught the upgrade bug. :rolling_eyes:

How's the DAC portion of Aune S9c compares to the Aune X8 with discrete opamp?

I'm more incline toward the Aune S17 Pro plus the X8 at the moment.
To be honest, as a standalone DAC I prefer the X8 with the muses op-amp. The S9c Pro is excellent though as an all-in-one solution.
But if you want to warm up your headphones I would suggest the X8+S17 route.

Oct 3, 2023 at 1:31 AM Post #6 of 82
Thanks for the pointers. Sounds like the X8 could be close to the S9c level (DAC). Since I already have the X8+discrete opamp, i'm more inclined to go with the X8+S17. Another thing that I need to look into is whether the X8 balance out preamp could be connected to the balance in on the S17.

Oct 3, 2023 at 2:23 AM Post #8 of 82
@Ichos, is it possible to switch between headphone outputs (like in Topping A70 Pro) or is the signal present at all times in all three outputs (i.e., XLR, 6,35mm and 4,4mm) ?

Oct 3, 2023 at 3:38 AM Post #10 of 82
Thanks. That is a bummer for me :thumbsdown:

I like to have all three headphones connected at all times and to switch between them as needed.

Topping A70 Pro remembers individual volume & gain settings for each headphone output, so it does not matter how different (in terms of needed power to drive) the headphones are. Very convenient :thumbsup:

Oct 3, 2023 at 3:47 AM Post #11 of 82
Thanks. That is a bummer for me :thumbsdown:

I like to have all three headphones connected at all times and to switch between them as needed.

Topping A70 Pro remembers individual volume & gain settings for each headphone output, so it does not matter how different (in terms of needed power to drive) the headphones are. Very convenient :thumbsup:
I care more about sound quality than functionality but everyone on its own.

Oct 3, 2023 at 3:50 AM Post #12 of 82
We all do.

What is wrong with the sound quality of Topping A70 Pro ?

Oct 3, 2023 at 5:05 AM Post #14 of 82
I care more about sound quality than functionality but everyone on its own.

Well, you implied that some of us care more about functionality than sound quality.

Hence my question.

Oct 3, 2023 at 5:14 AM Post #15 of 82
Well, you implied that some of us care more about functionality than sound quality.

Hence my question.
I applied that I would choose the S9c Pro for it's sound quality despite somewhat lacking in functionality that wouldn't be a limiting factor for me.
You may think otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back