Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro X Anniversary model
Apr 22, 2024 at 3:23 AM Post #61 of 108
I mean more than one Tesla magnetic flux density
That was the USP of their first new generation drivers deployed in the T1, nowadays it seems to stand just for that specific architecture, now used in the T1/T5 as well as the DT1770/DT1990 and the TOTL in-ears. That technical feature seems to apply at least to their even newer stellar.45 drivers just as well, though they seem to use a different driver architecture.

Apr 22, 2024 at 4:34 AM Post #62 of 108
Other manufacturers mean more than one Tesla magnetic flux density

I know about the differences at Beyerdynamic

Cross-section diagram of coil arrangement.png

Apr 22, 2024 at 2:16 PM Post #63 of 108
The Tesla drivers look more like an evolved dt48 driver than their DT770/880/990 line
It would be quite a feat if the Stellar 45 were anywhere near the Tesla driver in overall performance (sound preferences aside)

The membrane still is attached to what looks like plastic/ composite body vs the all metal teslas

A 100th Annie Tesla driver would be pretty sweet :D

Apr 22, 2024 at 3:07 PM Post #64 of 108
Other manufacturers mean more than one Tesla magnetic flux density

I know about the differences at Beyerdynamic

(chuckles in 1.5T Fostex)

They don't market it as centrally for the Stellar, but it's indeed rated at over 1T just like the "Tesla" driver gen:

1713812129562.png

The lead engineer did quite a nice talk on the new Stellar 45 driver and other aspects of the Pro X series about a year ago, driver is about ~32 min in:

The Tesla drivers look more like an evolved dt48 driver than their DT770/880/990 line
It would be quite a feat if the Stellar 45 were anywhere near the Tesla driver in overall performance (sound preferences aside)

The membrane still is attached to what looks like plastic/ composite body vs the all metal teslas

A 100th Annie Tesla driver would be pretty sweet :D

I may not be recalling correctly, but if memory serves from when the Stellar 45 was launched, the name was actually a reference to the DT48. It was certainly generally referenced with reverence in the product statement in the context of the (then pending) anniversary...

I enjoy my Tesla Beyers (T1.2, 1.3 / 5.2, 5.3, DT1770/1990/Amiron) but honestly I think the Stellar and its new production process is the superior technology.

Beyer North America finally have 770 pro X in inventory (never did get the notification email lol), and I should have one on ears by next week. I can compare directly to my 770 80 ohm, DT 700 pro X, and DT 1770.

Apr 22, 2024 at 4:24 PM Post #65 of 108
Just got the DT 770 Pro X in today, initial impressions is I may like how they sound more than the DT 700 Pro X, the more spacious sound is likely going to be more to my liking. It's also notably lighter and likely will be more comfortable than the DT 700 Pro X. Seems a bit less isolating and more breathable as well. Will have to see how I feel about the treble long term.

Apr 22, 2024 at 5:33 PM Post #67 of 108

They don't market it as centrally for the Stellar, but it's indeed rated at over 1T just like the "Tesla" driver gen:

1713812129562.png

The lead engineer did quite a nice talk on the new Stellar 45 driver and other aspects of the Pro X series about a year ago, driver is about ~32 min in:

I may not be recalling correctly, but if memory serves from when the Stellar 45 was launched, the name was actually a reference to the DT48. It was certainly generally referenced with reverence in the product statement in the context of the (then pending) anniversary...

I enjoy my Tesla Beyers (T1.2, 1.3 / 5.2, 5.3, DT1770/1990/Amiron) but honestly I think the Stellar and its new production process is the superior technology.

Beyer North America finally have 770 pro X in inventory (never did get the notification email lol), and I should have one on ears by next week. I can compare directly to my 770 80 ohm, DT 700 pro X, and DT 1770.

Very interesting stuff.

I find it funny that the driver motion especially with the higher frequencies require it to behave so erratically and all wavy, vs like Focal's metal drivers. I say funny, since Beyer was the first to make the aluminum driver.

I would imagine the Focal Beryllium/ MG/ AL with it's suspension system would be more pistonic throughout, similar to the Foster drivers... yet Beyerdynamic and Sennheiser believe in the other wavy behaviour (though I think the membrane material has some dampening component)

Really boggles my mind.

I have transplanted dt48 drivers into dt770 shell before, so hopefully in the future I can remake it and compare them to the stellar 45 770 just for shytes n giggles.

1713821449579.png

1713821536162.jpeg

1713821558615.jpeg

Apr 23, 2024 at 6:59 AM Post #69 of 108

This are two different philosophies ->>

12359238.png

Apr 23, 2024 at 7:26 AM Post #70 of 108
Received yesterday. Unfortunately sold my DT700 pro X so I can't compare, but I have the standard DT770 pro 80ohm and, the new ones are even brighter!! They sound less congested, wider (the 770 pro sounds like more focused in a narrower range of frecuencies) but I think they are a bit too bright and mid scooped, I'll probably return them.

Apr 23, 2024 at 8:27 AM Post #71 of 108
@IXOYE: They are also loud enough when I plug them to my monitor, running TV channels. 14/100 is loud enough, but I don't know how much power the monitor has. Can't imagine that it's much more than a laptop, if even.

@Josetxu: good description. I would agree.
They are brighter, but overall wider, clearer/cleaner and more open. Technically better i would say. I also like the bottom end. Still I don't have super much time in with them yet and yesterday I felt that they are less bright than originally.

Apr 23, 2024 at 1:35 PM Post #72 of 108
@IXOYE: They are also loud enough when I plug them to my monitor, running TV channels. 14/100 is loud enough, but I don't know how much power the monitor has. Can't imagine that it's much more than a laptop, if even.

@Josetxu: good description. I would agree.
They are brighter, but overall wider, clearer/cleaner and more open. Technically better i would say. I also like the bottom end. Still I don't have super much time in with them yet and yesterday I felt that they are less bright than originally.
I never had the og. But they are certainly on the bright end of the spectrum. First 30 mins were a disaster. But 24 hours later, the sound changed significantly. Less bright, more controlled lows. Btw moved from the 3M stock cable to the 1.2m Pro X version…I swear it sounds better, though no clue why.

Apr 23, 2024 at 4:52 PM Post #73 of 108
I love Beyers sound, maybe because I'm old and haven't any problem with the high peaks, I have tried EQ down these peaks with both my 1990 and 1770 Pro's but I can't hear any difference at all, I'm probably half deaf 😄

Apr 23, 2024 at 5:07 PM Post #74 of 108
I love Beyers sound, maybe because I'm old and haven't any problem with the high peaks, I have tried EQ down these peaks with both my 1990 and 1770 Pro's but I can't hear any difference at all, I'm probably half deaf 😄
I think it comes down to ear shape, sensitivities, system, etc. as well. I'm fairly sensitive to upper treble and the DT 770 Pro X doesn't bother me at all, it's on the bright side but it's clean and controlled so doesn't bother me. But my system is really good at reigning in treble and I find the Stellar.45 and Tesla Beyers less sharp sounding than the old rapid reflex drivers found in the DT 990/880/770, etc.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2024 at 5:34 PM Post #75 of 108
I think it comes down to ear shape, sensitivities, system, etc. as well. I'm fairly sensitive to upper treble and the DT 770 Pro X doesn't bother me at all, it's on the bright side but it's clean and controlled so doesn't bother me. But my system is really good at reigning in treble and I find the Stellar.45 and Tesla Beyers less sharp sounding than the old rapid reflex drivers found in the DT 990/880/770, etc.

What is the fit and finish like on this 100th Anniversary model?

Are the tolerances tighter on the sliders so they are not a potential fail point like on the previous 770 models?

Also, is the wire noticeable being single sided (in the context of weight of cable)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back