Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro X Anniversary model
Apr 23, 2024 at 6:19 PM Post #76 of 108
What is the fit and finish like on this 100th Anniversary model?

Are the tolerances tighter on the sliders so they are not a potential fail point like on the previous 770 models?

Also, is the wire noticeable being single sided (in the context of weight of cable)
About the same as I remember the DT 990 Pro being in terms of quality of plastics and materials. The sliders do seem more snug and adjust nicer and don’t feel as loose as they did on DT 880/990’s so they should retain their adjustability better so I would say the tolerances on the sliders are indeed better.

Compared to the other stellar.45 headphones. Build quality of the DT 700 and DT 900 Pro X is better and they also have a tighter clamp than the DT 770 Pro X. Comfort overall I think the DT 770 Pro X is more comfortable but I like the pads more on the DT 700 and DT 900 Pro X.

Don’t really notice the weight of the cable.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2024 at 5:41 AM Post #77 of 108
About the same as I remember the DT 990 Pro being in terms of quality of plastics and materials. The sliders do seem more snug and adjust nicer and don’t feel as loose as they did on DT 880/990’s so they should retain their adjustability better so I would say the tolerances on the sliders are indeed better.

Compared to the other stellar.45 headphones. Build quality of the DT 700 and DT 900 Pro X is better and they also have a tighter clamp than the DT 770 Pro X. Comfort overall I think the DT 770 Pro X is more comfortable but I like the pads more on the DT 700 and DT 900 Pro X.

Don’t really notice the weight of the cable.

How would you compare the overall sound signature on the 770 Pro X Vs the 700? Which has better bass and midrange in your experience so far?

Apr 24, 2024 at 9:31 AM Post #78 of 108
How would you compare the overall sound signature on the 770 Pro X Vs the 700? Which has better bass and midrange in your experience so far?
The DT 770 Pro X is more open and clear sounding with more of a v-shape tuning with more of an emphasis on sub-bass and upper treble. The DT 700 Pro X is more neutral and intimate and also more damped sounding with a more full bodied midrange. I would say the DT 700 Pro X is better in mids; but it’s also a case of different presentation as well. It’s a case of intimacy vs spaciousness.

Bass is quite different between the two, but I would say overall the DT 770 Pro X has better bass. The DT 700 Pro X bass is present but at the same time can be a bit restrained/held-back sounding on some systems and I personally find this the DT 700 Pro X’s main drawback compared to the two other Stellar.45 Beyers.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2024 at 4:43 PM Post #79 of 108
The DT 770 Pro X is more open and clear sounding with more of a v-shape tuning with more of an emphasis on sub-bass and upper treble. The DT 700 Pro X is more neutral and intimate and also more damped sounding with a more full bodied midrange. I would say the DT 700 Pro X is better in mids; but it’s also a case of different presentation as well. It’s a case of intimacy vs spaciousness.

Bass is quite different between the two, but I would say overall the DT 770 Pro X has better bass. The DT 700 Pro X bass is present but at the same time can be a bit restrained/held-back sounding on some systems and I personally find this the DT 700 Pro X’s main drawback compared to the two other Stellar.45 Beyers.

Would you say the mids are natural enough on these pro X LE?

I cannot help but wonder if the interior of the cups have any dampening material.

headband looks pretty cool on them though.

Apr 24, 2024 at 5:20 PM Post #80 of 108
Would you say the mids are natural enough on these pro X LE?

I cannot help but wonder if the interior of the cups have any dampening material.

headband looks pretty cool on them though.
On my system yes I would say they are natural enough (I haven't tested them on portable devices much or much out of the apple dongle) but they are still new and I need more time with them breaking them in (pads, etc.). Don't think they have damping material in the cups, but rather it's on the rear of the driver in terms of a damping cap and I think it uses the rubber mount to the earcup on the driver like the Amiron Home, DT 1770/1990 does for bass tuning and control. The DT 700/900 Pro X also has this rubber mount too. The most natural and neutral sounding of the Stellar.45 headphones is the DT 900 Pro X imho.

Apr 25, 2024 at 1:53 PM Post #81 of 108
I know people might not like measurements here, but I will still provide some. The first one is mine, but also added another results based on a bit different rig. You can hopefully see the similarity.

For me DT 770 Pro X is extremely V-shaped. However, I notice myself picking a suitable volume level based on treble, so usually the mids are the weak part rather than treble being too bright or harsh. The bass can be a hit or miss, as some songs sound too thick and bloaty while others can be powerful and fun. The reason for more natural and less metallic timbre compared to the normal DT 770 Pro might be the high bass level, as it definitely compensates the bright treble quite well. With EQ these could be good, but without it I don't unfortunately see DT 770 Pro X as a major upgrade to DT 770 Pro (80 ohm).

1714066801180.png

1714066913651.png

Apr 25, 2024 at 10:43 PM Post #83 of 108
I know people might not like measurements here, but I will still provide some. The first one is mine, but also added another results based on a bit different rig. You can hopefully see the similarity.

For me DT 770 Pro X is extremely V-shaped. However, I notice myself picking a suitable volume level based on treble, so usually the mids are the weak part rather than treble being too bright or harsh. The bass can be a hit or miss, as some songs sound too thick and bloaty while others can be powerful and fun. The reason for more natural and less metallic timbre compared to the normal DT 770 Pro might be the high bass level, as it definitely compensates the bright treble quite well. With EQ these could be good, but without it I don't unfortunately see DT 770 Pro X as a major upgrade to DT 770 Pro (80 ohm).

1714066801180.png

1714066913651.png
Nice work! Appreciate for the measurement

Apr 26, 2024 at 4:43 AM Post #85 of 108

1714066801180.png

1714066913651.png

The 80'ohmer seemed to have more people liking them than hating them, and still continues to have fans.

I'm still not sure which is the best beyer closed back of all time. Surely, someone has heard them all and can rank them :p

Is this stellar 45 better than t5p gen II/III? This is what I am wondering.

Apr 26, 2024 at 9:49 AM Post #86 of 108
The 80'ohmer seemed to have more people liking them than hating them, and still continues to have fans.

I'm still not sure which is the best beyer closed back of all time. Surely, someone has heard them all and can rank them :p

Is this stellar 45 better than t5p gen II/III? This is what I am wondering.
I think the high end Teslas resolve more information and are more vivid and dynamic. But there are some advantages to the Stellar.45 drivers. One is they are some of the least fatiguing drivers I’ve ever come across, my ears usually protest slightly with almost every headphone after a long session, but they don’t at all with any of the Stellar.45 headphones. Also, the transient response also seems quicker on the Stellar.45 drivers.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2024 at 12:55 PM Post #87 of 108
I think the high end Teslas resolve more information and are more vivid and dynamic. But there are some advantages to the Stellar.45 drivers. One is they are some of the least fatiguing drivers I’ve ever come across, my ears usually protest slightly with almost every headphone after a long session, but they don’t at all with any of the Stellar.45 headphones. Also, the transient response also seems quicker on the Stellar.45 drivers.

Really do wonder what other Anniversary models, if any, will be released.

You would think they would make a Stellar 45 into the dt150 or something

IIRC, the Dt150 was probably a more superior overall closed back to the dt770. And they used pretty much the safe driver just in different baffle and body so....

Besides the originals, the dt100/480/150 etc are the most "Beyer" looking things.

Apr 26, 2024 at 1:14 PM Post #88 of 108
Really do wonder what other Anniversary models, if any, will be released.

You would think they would make a Stellar 45 into the dt150 or something

IIRC, the Dt150 was probably a more superior overall closed back to the dt770. And they used pretty much the safe driver just in different baffle and body so....

Besides the originals, the dt100/480/150 etc are the most "Beyer" looking things.
I hope there are more anniversary models released. Want to see more headphones with the Stellar.45 drivers, becoming quite a fan of them honestly.

A DT 150 with a Stellar.45 would be interesting. Heck I wouldn’t mind a Stellar.45 DT 880 or DT 990 Anniversary as these drivers don’t seem to have any grain to their sound which means brighter tunings work nicely with them.

Apr 27, 2024 at 6:31 AM Post #89 of 108
I never had the og. But they are certainly on the bright end of the spectrum. First 30 mins were a disaster. But 24 hours later, the sound changed significantly. Less bright, more controlled lows. Btw moved from the 3M stock cable to the 1.2m Pro X version…I swear it sounds better, though no clue why.

Does anybody feels that they've improved after a few hours of use? I still find them bright and mid scooped, don't think I'll keep them, although I like how open sound for a closed headphones.

Apr 27, 2024 at 6:28 PM Post #90 of 108
Does anybody feels that they've improved after a few hours of use? I still find them bright and mid scooped, don't think I'll keep them, although I like how open sound for a closed headphones.
Honestly depends if you can get used to or like the v-shaped sound and what system you use as well. Maybe some mild changes but the headphone will likely stay quite v-shaped unless intense pad wear happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back