budget tube or hybrid amps for hifiman 400i
Apr 14, 2024 at 2:55 PM Post #16 of 19
Especially the Valhalla is designed for a wider range of headphones.
"While most tube OTL amps are really only designed for 300 ohm Senns and 600 ohm Beyers,
Valhalla 2 stretches to include headphones that you’d never expect to use with a tube amp.
Many people use Valhalla 2 with sensitive, lower-impedance headphones as well."
Think they would match in heaven with your HD600. Cheers mate!

Apr 14, 2024 at 7:38 PM Post #17 of 19
And VALHALLA 2 right now at 299$, if you want to feed your hunger with tubes!! Cheers mate!
thats definitely affordale. thank you for the suggestion. ima check this one out.

Especially the Valhalla is designed for a wider range of headphones.
"While most tube OTL amps are really only designed for 300 ohm Senns and 600 ohm Beyers,
Valhalla 2 stretches to include headphones that you’d never expect to use with a tube amp.
Many people use Valhalla 2 with sensitive, lower-impedance headphones as well."
Think they would match in heaven with your HD600. Cheers mate!
might be a nice match for my 400i. very cool. iill be lookin at these. thanks buddy!

Apr 15, 2024 at 4:32 PM Post #18 of 19
Thank you too Mr Ceylon man! I think it's fair, to give these thanks to PinkyPowers:clap::clap::clap:
who was the first to propose the Shiit Vali 3, which stands between Vali 2 and Valhalla
and I think it is the most excellent choice!
Cheers to both of you mates!:beerchug:

Apr 17, 2024 at 4:31 PM Post #19 of 19
I had the he-400i (2017) until very recently and i did not like them on any OTL tube amp i tried. They were however good on hybrid. If you can find a used loxjie p20 it has fantastic synergy. I have not personally vetted it, but I'd be shocked if the Schiit vali 3 was not a great match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back