CanJam Global 2018 Event Thread (NYC, Singapore, SoCal, London, RMAF, Shanghai)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 9, 2018 at 7:19 PM Post #511 of 1,303
1.) Unless you know what you want to see, hear, and buy, get a multi-day pass.

2.) Write down what interests you on at least three sheets of paper, labeled headphones, in-ears or earbuds, and DACs or Amps.

3.) If you can get the vendor list and map before the event, write down which interested item is at their assigned vendor table, which room/hall they reside, and which floor and building the room/hall can be found. Otherwise, you can wait until the first day of the event to do this as well.

4.) Once you know where you are going, make note of all the bathrooms, elevators, and stairways around your intended visiting areas. Making note of where restaurants, cafes, and corner stores are is also useful.

5.). If you intend to check out any scheduled seminars or mini-meets, make sure you put an alert(s) on your phone, or write it down on a sheet of paper and keep some kind of watch.

6.) Keep a backpack with you, so you can have a place to put stuff with you. If you want to make comparisons, do not bring more than one headphone, earbud/IEM set, portable DAC/Amp, DAP, or anything used for comparison.

7.) If areas get crowded, please use good judgement and be polite. If you want to demo something and that area is crowded, make sure that there is a line or not. If there is a line, get in it and once it is your turn with others behind you, do not take more than five minutes or one song, as others are waiting and you can get back in line. If there is not a line, ask the person behind the table if you can demo the item. If there is no person behind the table or they are busy, please wait a minute or two, until they can help you.

8.) Do not be a slob and leave cups, bottles, plates, napkins, or other trash on tables or other places that trash does not belong. This also goes with brochures and other vendor info pieces, which go into your backpack.

9.) If you followed all of the above tips, then you can enjoy the show for what it is worth.

Thank you. Very good tips. I actually started checking exhibitors sites for their products with some brands i’m not familiar with. Also I’m hoping shangri-la and orpheus sign-ups will be made available.

I will add, definitely bring your own eartips for trying out IEMs(better to use your favorite tips than random offer from vendor) and micro SD card filled with your testing tracks, so you can try all the new portable players. Including the Shanling one :wink:

Good too, since I’m very picky with tips. Will bring a case with some of my faves. While I am not in the market for daps (already have 6 or 8), i’ll drop by and go to the booth. Would it be ok to video? I want to do an fb live for my friends/group back home. You can do plugs as we have a few followers of shanling here in the Philippines :wink:.

If you want to listen to a DAC or Amp bring your own headphones. I made that mistake during my first CanJam and I regretted it. I didn't make that mistake this year! Also, feel free to talk to everybody! Lastly, wear comfy shoes.

Yes will do. Hoping my UERR arrives soon.

Mar 9, 2018 at 7:21 PM Post #512 of 1,303

For those attending CanJam Singapore and CanJam SoCal, we're producing a run of CanJam Global 2018 "Tour" T-Shirts in 2 versions: black, and white.

To reserve your shirt, please reply in the thread (do not PM) with your Head-Fi handle, color choice, the size you want, and how many of that size you want, and CanJam event you are attending - all separated by hyphens. If you need to order multiple sizes, please start a new line. For example, this is my "order":

third_eye-Black-L-3-SoCal
third_eye-White-S-1-Singapore

We're taking pre-orders for CanJam Singapore and CanJam SoCal only at this time and will update the thread when we start taking preorders for London, RMAF, and Shanghai. Please note that the T-Shirts are US sizing. CanJam Global 2018 T-Shirt pricing is as follows:

SoCal - $25
Singapore - SGD $35

All T-Shirt preorders will be both picked up and paid for at the show, although we must have your reservation now in order to guarantee your shirts. The deadline for CanJam Singapore 2018 T-Shirt preorders is Monday, March 19, 2018. The deadline for SoCal T-Shirt orders is Wednesday, April 5. CanJam Global 2018 volunteers do not have to separately order their T-shirts as we will be providing them directly.

mrmax-Black-L-1-SoCal
mrmax-White-L-1-SoCal

Mar 10, 2018 at 9:42 PM Post #513 of 1,303

For those attending CanJam Singapore and CanJam SoCal, we're producing a run of CanJam Global 2018 "Tour" T-Shirts in 2 versions: black, and white.

To reserve your shirt, please reply in the thread (do not PM) with your Head-Fi handle, color choice, the size you want, and how many of that size you want, and CanJam event you are attending - all separated by hyphens. If you need to order multiple sizes, please start a new line. For example, this is my "order":

third_eye-Black-L-3-SoCal

We're taking pre-orders for CanJam Singapore and CanJam SoCal only at this time and will update the thread when we start taking preorders for London, RMAF, and Shanghai. Please note that the T-Shirts are US sizing. CanJam Global 2018 T-Shirt pricing is as follows:

SoCal - $25
Singapore - SGD $35

All T-Shirt preorders will be both picked up and paid for at the show, although we must have your reservation now in order to guarantee your shirts. The deadline for CanJam Singapore 2018 T-Shirt preorders is Monday, March 19, 2018. The deadline for SoCal T-Shirt orders is Wednesday, April 5. CanJam Global 2018 volunteers do not have to separately order their T-shirts as we will be providing them directly.
imran27-Black-XXL-1-Singapore
imran27-Black-S-1-Singapore
imran27-White-S-1-Singapore

EDIT:
How is the payment? Cash or cards will be accepted?

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2018 at 9:45 PM Post #514 of 1,303
third_eye-Black-XXL-1-Singapore
third_eye-Black-S-1-Singapore

EDIT:
How is the payment? Cash or cards will be accepted?
Let me guess, did you mean for your order to look like this?:

imran27-Black-XXL-1-Singapore
imran27-Black-S-1-Singapore
imran27-White-S-1-Singapore

Mar 10, 2018 at 9:49 PM Post #516 of 1,303
Lol yeah, will edit it.
And payment methods?
I’m sure you can use a credit/debit card and cash to purchase your shirts.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2018 at 3:14 AM Post #517 of 1,303
Is there a Senn HE1 audition in CanJam Singapore? in a quite room?

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Mar 11, 2018 at 8:11 PM Post #519 of 1,303
Nope. I spoke to them, they say it is not an ideal environment, not even in a quite room.
So HE1 will not be there at CanJam SG as per my knowledge
then I'm lucky to have tried it out last year

Mar 11, 2018 at 8:47 PM Post #520 of 1,303
While I am not in the market for daps (already have 6 or 8), i’ll drop by and go to the booth. Would it be ok to video? I want to do an fb live for my friends/group back home. You can do plugs as we have a few followers of shanling here in the Philippines :wink:.

Definitely stop by with your camera :wink:

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Mar 12, 2018 at 6:23 AM Post #521 of 1,303
Hi @third_eye

I just came across this event
IMG_20180312_181724_991.jpg
on facebook hosted by "Head-Fi.Club" and it falls on the exact same time as CanJam. Is Head-fi.Club in any way related to Head-Fi and Canjam? Is it an exclusive club for big name Head-Fi members only? And is this event an extension of CanJam? I see prominent brands like Campfire Audio and Effect Audio supporting this event.

Please let me know if this is part of CanJam as I would not want to miss any new products

Mar 12, 2018 at 9:57 AM Post #522 of 1,303
Hi @third_eye

I just came across this event on facebook hosted by "Head-Fi.Club" and it falls on the exact same time as CanJam. Is Head-fi.Club in any way related to Head-Fi and Canjam? Is it an exclusive club for big name Head-Fi members only? And is this event an extension of CanJam? I see prominent brands like Campfire Audio and Effect Audio supporting this event.

Please let me know if this is part of CanJam as I would not want to miss any new products
doubt this is part of canjam event, it's something like their own micro event for that couple things, which i think will be available at the event too

Mar 12, 2018 at 9:58 AM Post #523 of 1,303
Hi @third_eye

I just came across this event on facebook hosted by "Head-Fi.Club" and it falls on the exact same time as CanJam. Is Head-fi.Club in any way related to Head-Fi and Canjam? Is it an exclusive club for big name Head-Fi members only? And is this event an extension of CanJam? I see prominent brands like Campfire Audio and Effect Audio supporting this event.

No, that is most certainly not in any way affiliated with CanJam, nor is "Head-Fi.club" associated with Head-Fi. I've asked @Goh Beng Yeow (who also goes by @Beng Yeow) -- who has been using the "Head-Fi.club" name -- to stop using "Head-Fi" because (as happened here) it has caused confusion. However, he has insisted on continuing to use it, as I think that's exactly the kind of confusion he wants.

Mar 12, 2018 at 10:08 AM Post #524 of 1,303
No, that is most certainly not in any way affiliated with CanJam, nor is "Head-Fi.club" associated with Head-Fi. I've asked @Goh Beng Yeow (who also goes by @Beng Yeow) -- who has been using the "Head-Fi.club" name -- to stop using "Head-Fi" because (as happened here) it has caused confusion. However, he has insisted on continuing to use it, as I think that's exactly the kind of confusion he wants.

Thank you Jude for clearing up the confusion. That is not very nice of him, and I’m shocked by how he has received support from some of the big brands, even some of your sponsors like Alo/Campfire Audio and Effect Audio like I have mentioned above.

I will support Head-Fi all the way! I hope to see you at CanJam Singapore!

Mar 12, 2018 at 12:32 PM Post #525 of 1,303
Guys, here is the current list of Show Specials for CanJam Singapore 2018! We'll also be providing a handout at the Registration Desk with the Show Specials listed. :L3000:

SG18_Head-Fi_Header_ShowSpecials.png

CanJam Singapore 2018 Show Specials
64 Audio
10% off Universal models: Fourte, Trio, U18t and U12t
AAW 20% off all CIEM/UIEMs
AVOne
Abyss Headphones - 15% off select products
Astell+Kern - 15% off select products
Audeze - 15% off select products
Chord Electronics - 15% off select products
FiiO - 15% off select products
Hifiman - 15% off select products
JH Audio - 15% off select products
Woo Audio - 15% off select products
Audio-Opus 20% off Opus #1, Opus #2, and Opus #3
Brainwavz Visit booth to enter a Giveaway for a B400 BA earphone (there will be 3 prize winners!)
B200 v2 - $89.50 USD show special (limited stock)
B400 - $150 USD show special (limited stock)
Focal (Absolute Sound) 15% off Focal Listen, Listen Wireless, Spark, Spark Wireless, Sphear
Sure Win Luck Dip Contest - Purchase any Clear/Elear/Utopia during the show period for a chace to dip into the Sure Win box at the Focal booth for a chance to win one of the following: Audioquest Dragonfly Red, Dragonfly Black, Jitterbug, Focal Sphear, Focal Spark , Focal Spark Wireless, Focal Listen, Focal Listen Wireless, Utopia/Elear Carry Case, Utopia Leather Ear Pads. Contest Valid March 24-25.....limited to the first 20 customers
Labkable 20% off select products
Music Sanctuary Visit the Music Sanctuary booth to enter into a prize giveaway for (1) set of Ultimate Ears UE18+ Pro Customs on each day (2 prizes total)
Viist the Music Sanctuary booth to enter into a prize giveaway for (1) set of 64 Audio A12t customs on first day and A18t custom on second day
Lime Ears - 15% off
Custom Art - 15% off
64 Audio - up to 15% off
Ultimate Ears - up to 15% off
Symphonium Audio - up to 15% off
Han Sound Audio - up to 15% off
PWAudio - up to 15% off
Meze Audio 20% discount for CanJam SG attendees for purchases on www.mezeaudio.com between March 22-27 using promo code: CANJAMSIN2018
The Audio Session From March 21 - April 3 get 50% off MSRP on the entire store lineup (while supplies last)
Headphone Giveaway of (1) MyAudioSession headphone and (2) Debut Titanium Label heapdhones
To enter, participants can tweet (@TheAudioSession) wearing The Audio Session gear at CanJam Singapore to be entered for a chance to win
Full details at www.facebook.com/theaudiosession
Vision Ears 10% off - VE2, VE3, VE4
15% off - VE5, VE6, VE8
Free ear impressions at booth
Woo Audio 15% off select products
Yaxi 30% off all products plus a special gift!
Follow us on Instagram, can get a YAXI special headphone pouch!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back