CanJam Global 2023 General
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 28, 2022 at 2:49 PM Post #106 of 146
With CanJam London still a ways away we don't have a full lineup of exhibitors to announce just yet, but look for the dedicated CanJam London thread some time in 2023, maybe around spring time. Here's a link to all of the brands that were available to demo at CanJam London this past July. Hopefully all of them will be joining us again next year.

Some exhibitors will be setup for purchases at the show, while some international exhibitors are there to exhibit only and rely on local distributors and dealers for any sales in the UK.

Here's the lineup of specials available at CanJam London 2022 to give you an idea what you might see in 2023. We'll announce the at-show specials in a dedicated CanJam London 2023 thread once everything's finalized; usually a week or so before the event.

Jan 2, 2023 at 11:18 AM Post #107 of 146
I've just bought the plane ticket :L3000:
I've just to decide when visit the show, saturday or sunday, then I'll buy the ticket. Can't wait! :ksc75smile:

Jan 3, 2023 at 7:41 AM Post #108 of 146
I've just bought the plane ticket :L3000:
I've just to decide when visit the show, saturday or sunday, then I'll buy the ticket. Can't wait! :ksc75smile:

Take this from someone who has never been to a CanJam but who is wishing to go this year. I’m sure many, if not all, who’ve been to London and other CanJams will tell you:

One day is not enough.

(hope to see you in London)

Jan 3, 2023 at 8:50 AM Post #109 of 146
Take this from someone who has never been to a CanJam but who is wishing to go this year. I’m sure many, if not all, who’ve been to London and other CanJams will tell you:

One day is not enough.

(hope to see you in London)
I trust you, but I will go to London with my family and just one day will have to be enough this time :D

So probably will choose saturday because it will be last one more hour than sunday ^^

Jan 3, 2023 at 9:29 AM Post #110 of 146
One day is not enough.
If there are only a couple specific items that you're looking to try and no more, then a day could suffice. Personally, I always try to make shows for the full length if I can because it gives me a chance to re-visit items the next day to confirm my day one impressions, discover items I hadn't originally considered, and to hang out with friends new and old to share our gear impressions and simply catch up. Outside of CanJams I like to attend 2-channel audio shows and for me one day is never enough even away from the shows where I spend a good portion of the weekend helping run the event.

If someone can only make it for one day, you can get a lot of listening done in 7-8 hours. Sundays are often quieter days and can be more ideal for a single-day attendee to get the most headphone time during the open listening hours.

Jan 3, 2023 at 10:55 AM Post #111 of 146
If there are only a couple specific items that you're looking to try and no more, then a day could suffice.
For me (living in Italy) it will be a unique opportunity to be able to see and try in one place audio equipment that I have often only read about.

But I have a goal: to find new IEMs to go alongside my Monarch OGs.
So the priority will be to test some models that might interest me (and here at head-fi you can help me figure out what they might be). Then, what time I have left I'd like to devote to open headphones, another world I'd like to delve into, but not immediately.

So I think that one day could be enough for me :)

Jan 3, 2023 at 11:43 AM Post #112 of 146
For me (living in Italy) it will be a unique opportunity to be able to see and try in one place audio equipment that I have often only read about.

But I have a goal: to find new IEMs to go alongside my Monarch OGs.
So the priority will be to test some models that might interest me (and here at head-fi you can help me figure out what they might be). Then, what time I have left I'd like to devote to open headphones, another world I'd like to delve into, but not immediately.

So I think that one day could be enough for me :)

Signore, one day is better than none, that’s for sure. And that’s where I’m unfortunately at right now. Wishing and hoping. I’m glad you’ve booked your flight already and will be able to experience CanJam and also London with your family.

I’m an audio enthusiast on a low budget so I can’t help you too much on options for upgrades but, from my experience and all that I’ve read and a few that I’ve auditioned, I can say that I’ve recently upgraded from the Rai Solo to the Advar and I’m ecstatic. These are amazing and I’ve read they trump many above their price.
I have no use for openbacks just because outside I plague and get plagued by other noises and inside, if I’m using headphones, it’s because I want some kind of privacy or ambient separation so it doesn’t make sense, for my normal usage. Although I know and understand the staging and imaging issues which may be enhanced in openbacks. I tend to like Grado headphones in this realm. But again, I have limited experience here.

Hope you find what you crave and have fun in London.

Jan 3, 2023 at 9:53 PM Post #113 of 146
Just finished what's become an annual New Year's event for me, booking rooms for CanJams this year, at least for the ones in the US - NYC, Chicago, SoCal and Dallas. Really looking forward to Dallas as I haven't been there in a long time. I do have my eye on London, but that will depend on my work schedule.

And Happy New Year to everyone!!!

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2023 at 6:38 AM Post #114 of 146
1674387423515.png

Reserved a room at the hotel for CanJam London, will book tickets a little closer to the time! It's a long way off still but already excited :D

Jan 30, 2023 at 1:28 AM Post #115 of 146

Isolation pods can be made even smaller, I wonder whether there will be a future where there's one of these at every audio booth on Canjam? 🤔

Feb 3, 2023 at 9:56 AM Post #116 of 146
I'll have to actually come along to CanJam London this year - missed out last year (I cancelled last minute sadly) but have enjoyed previous years.

This time - with no affiliation to any brands, I can go and listen to bits and catch up with friends in the industry.

Feb 17, 2023 at 6:01 PM Post #117 of 146
Looks like I am going to have to plan a trip to SoCal. I have never been to one, so this will be an experience. Plus I have a son-in-law in the area, so maybe I can sell this a family trip.

Feb 24, 2023 at 3:07 PM Post #119 of 146
Signed up for SoCal this year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back