_DSC4262.jpg

Canpur CP32E Impressions

Tonality: bright, mid-centric
Standouts:
  • Exceptional BA bass reach with textures galore
  • Vital upper midrange with crystalline vocals and strings
  • Resolution, resolution, resolution
  • Wonderful coherency between BA and EST
  • Benefits hugely from a good amp with low noise floor (didn't think this would be the case with BA/EST)
    • Stage broadens
    • Imaging improves
    • Macrodynamics and note weight increase
  • A case to demonstrate driver count has little to do with performance
Limitations:
  • Still not DD note density (would be interested to hear if the bass/low midrange lift on the CP54E can get us close to this)
  • 8-10kHz enhancement, although tuned with purpose, will not be to all listeners preferences - I love what it adds to note definition
  • Not an all-rounder due to above & tamer bass lift (lifted any further and I think you would lose the natural flare and low midrange balance for instrumental)

Canpur have smashed it out of the park with this 'entry-level' into their Performance series. A very chiseled and resolving sound with the best tonality I have experienced for my jazz / classical etc. It reminds me of the Noble Viking Ragnar in it's upper midrange/low treble definition but avoids the metallic and compressed expression I heard in that case.
Awesome! I was thinking of picking this up next.

Glad it’s great!

Jan 30, 2024 at 10:23 PM Post #17 of 59
Awesome! I was thinking of picking this up next.

Glad it’s great!
Looking forward to your CPBA7 review. How’s that guy with metal? Also, have you heard Elysian Diva? Curious if there are any similarities there at all.

I’m going to pick up the 32e as well, as I very much trust @ian91 ear.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2024 at 5:28 PM Post #18 of 59
Looking forward to your CPBA7 review. How’s that guy with metal? Also, have you heard Elysian Diva? Curious if there are any similarities there at all.

I’m going to pick up the 32e as well, as I very much trust @ian91 ear.
I don’t listen to a ton of metal. Give me a couple songs and I’ll check it out tonight!

It’s been a while since Diva.

I think diva’s bass hit harder. But note weight on the cpba7 is much more visceral. The canpur is a bit warmer.

The canpur has this immersive weight to just about every sound it makes. I would put them equals on vocals which I know is saying something.

Jan 31, 2024 at 8:21 PM Post #19 of 59
I don’t listen to a ton of metal. Give me a couple songs and I’ll check it out tonight!

It’s been a while since Diva.

I think diva’s bass hit harder. But note weight on the cpba7 is much more visceral. The canpur is a bit warmer.

The canpur has this immersive weight to just about every sound it makes. I would put them equals on vocals which I know is saying something.
Any Tool tracks or anything off this album IMG_9598.jpeg

Thanks for the help and time. :)

Feb 2, 2024 at 10:46 AM Post #21 of 59
Tested the 622. It's amazing how it sucked me into the music. It's like being put into a trance. I can't even remember the technicalities of it.

There is an internal conflict going on now. Do I want to spend this much on a single IEM? On the other hand. It sounds amazing.

Feb 2, 2024 at 10:57 AM Post #22 of 59
Which Canpur set has better synergy with rock and metal genres? They recommend the CPBA5 for this genres but I've also seen mentioned that the CP54E and 622B are really good for it.

Feb 3, 2024 at 5:19 PM Post #23 of 59
Cross Post from the Cooler....

Well this came across my desk....

Canpur 54e 5BA 4EST

IMG_9613.jpeg

This is true all rounder. It plays back everything I have thrown at it with ease. It is very musical and just enough tech to keep one from hyper focusing on this or that, instead this is about sitting back, closing the eyes and enjoying the music which IMO is what this hobby is all about.

Bass is elastic as Canpur states and quite tactile. yes this is BA bass but who freaking cares when it sounds this good. Mids are clear, textured and plays in line with the rest. I would consider this a very fun W shape tuning from listening, as I have not seen a graph. The treble extends and resolves so well. This is some of the best treble I have heard personally. Cymbal hits and decays in what I hear as very natural. The sound stage is wide, with great depth. Imaging is accurate, separation is very good. This set handles fast metal with zero congestion. I am very much enjoying this set and considering a custom at some point. This brand is fairly new and is hitting it out of the park. I have there 622b custom on order and it should arrive in the next few weeks. I think they will be very complimentary tunings. I am anxious to compare once 622 arrives.

IMG_9623.jpeg

Thanks for reading. I hope more people get to hear this set and more Canpur! Have a wonderful weekend Cooler Friends. Over and out! :peace:

Feb 4, 2024 at 5:10 AM Post #24 of 59
Cross Post from the Cooler....

Well this came across my desk....

Canpur 54e 5BA 4EST

IMG_9613.jpeg

This is true all rounder. It plays back everything I have thrown at it with ease. It is very musical and just enough tech to keep one from hyper focusing on this or that, instead this is about sitting back, closing the eyes and enjoying the music which IMO is what this hobby is all about.

Bass is elastic as Canpur states and quite tactile. yes this is BA bass but who freaking cares when it sounds this good. Mids are clear, textured and plays in line with the rest. I would consider this a very fun W shape tuning from listening, as I have not seen a graph. The treble extends and resolves so well. This is some of the best treble I have heard personally. Cymbal hits and decays in what I hear as very natural. The sound stage is wide, with great depth. Imaging is accurate, separation is very good. This set handles fast metal with zero congestion. I am very much enjoying this set and considering a custom at some point. This brand is fairly new and is hitting it out of the park. I have there 622b custom on order and it should arrive in the next few weeks. I think they will be very complimentary tunings. I am anxious to compare once 622 arrives.

IMG_9623.jpeg

Thanks for reading. I hope more people get to hear this set and more Canpur! Have a wonderful weekend Cooler Friends. Over and out! :peace:
It's certainly pricy but not as expensive as I imagined. Looks great and seems like an interesting IEM. I have never seen 5BA + 4EST config anywhere.

Feb 11, 2024 at 5:33 PM Post #25 of 59
Canpur owners, could you please share your favorite upgrade cables for 622B? So far for me it’s PWA Orpheus, but I’m curious to hear some tips for lower budget pairings 😉

Which Canpur set has better synergy with rock and metal genres? They recommend the CPBA5 for this genres but I've also seen mentioned that the CP54E and 622B are really good for it.
I have heard CP622B only, but it’s probably one of the best allrounders atm and sounds amazing with any kind of metal music.

Feb 13, 2024 at 1:25 PM Post #28 of 59
A little impression from today's "unexpected synergy" is the combination of Canpur CP622B with Aroma A100TB.

Canpur itself kind of smooth, full body, sweet and musical sounding IEM. Aroma A100TB synergise well with Aroma IEM, means A100TB provide musicality, good punch, and add density in notes. I thought combination both of them would result "too much of good things", but turns out they match really well togerther.

This combination sound "muscular", weighty, with very solid notes. Canpur become more energetic in term of bite and punch, with more forward vocal and more complete "rounded" soundstage image. It felt like each notes is more pop out and palpable at the same time.

DAP used: Hiby R8ii

Feb 13, 2024 at 4:37 PM Post #29 of 59
Canpur CP54E

Really impressed, I have heard alot of BA or BA+EST sets and this is a clear favorite. Can share more once my hype has landed, have it only for short time as part of a tour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back