Canpur Audio - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Apr 11, 2024 at 4:14 PM Post #48 of 59
Thinking of buying a CP622B but the lack of treble extension scares me a bit. Can anyone speak on that a bit more?

Apr 12, 2024 at 6:04 AM Post #50 of 59
Please check out my review on the CP32E if you're interested...

_DSC4470.jpg

Apr 27, 2024 at 7:09 AM Post #52 of 59
I've had the opportunity to demo the CP622, without knowing the brand nor price, and I was very impressed with the sound. I'm coming from almost a decade using mainly Spiral Ear monitors (SE5 and SE6 line), which are praised for their balance and natural timbre. I felt the CP622 tuned very similarly to Spiral Ear monitors, but more technical in many dimensions and more enjoyable overall.

Right after I demoed the Vision Ears VE10, which sounded like a bass canon and not as technically proficient as the Canpur.

Monitors stuck out so much out of my ears that I would only consider a custom version.

The price, however, will be an obstacle for many.

As a consumer, the current IEM market scares me. Prices are through the roof. New brands pop out every month, sometimes matching or outshining established brands in sound quality. A $4,000 new purchase could be worth only $1,000 on the resell market in a year. I find it difficult to justify any purchase.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2024 at 12:41 PM Post #53 of 59
I've had the opportunity to demo the CP622, without knowing the brand nor price, and I was very impressed with the sound. I'm coming from almost a decade using mainly Spiral Ear monitors (SE5 and SE6 line), which are praised for their balance and natural timbre. I felt the CP622 tuned very similarly to Spiral Ear monitors, but more technical in many dimensions and more enjoyable overall.

Right after I demoed the Vision Ears VE10, which sounded like a bass canon and not as technically proficient as the Canpur.

Monitors stuck out so much out of my ears that I would only consider a custom version.

The price, however, will be an obstacle for many.

As a consumer, the current IEM market scares me. Prices are through the roof. New brands pop out every month, sometimes matching or outshining established brands in sound quality. A $4,000 new purchase could be worth only $1,000 on the resell market in a year. I find it difficult to justify any purchase.
I buy a big time set. Enjoy it. The sell or trade it. That way I only have outlay big once or twice a year and get to hear a ton

May 2, 2024 at 8:53 PM Post #55 of 59
Been on the prowl for a pair of 622Bs since forever, finally got a discount and coming in tomorrow :) What am I expecting??
Absolute bliss!

May 8, 2024 at 6:28 PM Post #57 of 59
Holy moly these bad boys fit my ears like gloves out of the box. What kinda black magic is this? :robot:
How are you feeling about the 622b? :)

May 8, 2024 at 6:47 PM Post #58 of 59
How are you feeling about the 622b? :)
Been listening to them a fair bit while either relaxing or working on illustrations before I got kinda sick recently and can't really take much stimuli of any sort. Did end up having to tip roll a little to Spinfit CP155s (same as the EE Ravens) but I love them to bits: slams hard when a track has it but can also be incredibly sparkly and detailed (at least to me anyway). I don't think there's a genre it can't do well (yet).

Kinda making me regret/second guess the Ravens a little because the bass slams are pretty much similar, but the Ravens has this weird echo-y thing in midrange vocals (Resolve also said the same thing in his Ravens impression) compared to the clarity of the 622Bs. Maybe I'll try to trade them to expand palate in the near future, but I'm definitely keeping the 622Bs.

May 9, 2024 at 6:34 PM Post #59 of 59
Posted these in the Watercooler thread, but figured I’d drop these two pics here, too. Got these in today. Really, really enjoying them.

IMG_2556.jpeg

IMG_2560.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back