Cayin HA-2A, Compact Tube Headphone Amplifier
Jan 5, 2024 at 7:16 PM Post #46 of 104
Definitely agree - the proportions between the chassis, tubes, transformers and dials/switches is very nice. Really interested to see how this performs and lines up, not only with HA-3A but stuff like the Icon HP8.

I’m interested as well, but I’ve already got an HA-6A, so I’m more curious than anything.

Jan 5, 2024 at 7:31 PM Post #47 of 104
I’m interested as well, but I’ve already got an HA-6A, so I’m more curious than anything.
I've been making a list for a potential tube amp purchase later this year (was literally jotting down pros/cons today) of which the HA-6A is also on - so I may pick your brain at some point as I try to narrow it down.

Jan 5, 2024 at 8:10 PM Post #48 of 104
I've been making a list for a potential tube amp purchase later this year (was literally jotting down pros/cons today) of which the HA-6A is also on - so I may pick your brain at some point as I try to narrow it down.

Sure thing. Shoot me a PM anytime.

Jan 18, 2024 at 5:58 AM Post #51 of 104
HA-2A offers two balanced headphone outputs: 4.4mm and XLR4 and we have optimized these two headphone outputs separately. The XLR4 output is a full-fetched output from the output transformer while the 4.4mm winding is a lower noise, lower power output with the same audio performance, making it more suitable for portable headphones, or even selected IEMs. We have implemented these output strategies on HA-300MK2 and HA-3A and the results are favorable, so we do this again with HA-2A.

It would be ideal to develop HA-2A as a $999 entry-level tube headphone amplifier, unfortunately, the price of electronic components increased dramatically in the past 24 months, making it impossible to build an all-tube headphone amplifier at that budget unless we cut some serious corners.
Maybe you can answer best. I got Focal clear mg, Focal Utopia (older version), Hifiman he-1000 stealth, Sennheiser 600 and 800. Which of these amps ha2a, ha3a and ha6a are best suitable for all of my headphones?

Jan 19, 2024 at 12:21 AM Post #52 of 104
Ohhh... tasty :) I'm currently on the lookout for a new headphone amplifier for my Sennheiser HD800S. I've currently shortlisted the below:

- Xduoo TA-20 Plus - Class A Hybrid Tube + SS - $499.00
- Aune S17 Pro - Class AB/ A SS - $699.00
- Gustard H26 - Class AB/ A SS - $1,149.99
- Schiit Mjolnir 3 - Class A SS - $1,199.00
- Woo Audio WA6 SE - SET Class A Tube - $1,499.00
- Cayin HA-2A - Ultralinear Pentode Class A Tube (as confirmed below) - ???

Schiit will be releasing the Valhalla 3 (possibly OCL/ OTL Tube - mini Folkvangr) in the coming months, so also interested in that.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2024 at 8:09 AM Post #58 of 104
I saw the specs but it just says 1W but is it at 16ohms ? 32ohms ? 300ohms ? That is what I'm curious
HA-2A_Specification_-_Phone_Out.jpg

We have provided a specification table at rhe end of opening post.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Feb 6, 2024 at 8:31 AM Post #59 of 104
Look down to the headphone impedance line. 1 watt is High impedance: 251-600 ohms. You can see the other rated output power ratings for Low and Medium impedance for each headphone output.

Feb 6, 2024 at 8:53 AM Post #60 of 104
I've read that the other ha3a and ha6a have noticeable noise on the xlr port. Do you think it's realistic to hope it might be fixed in the 2a or is that just a tube amp thing (only have experience with hybrid tube amp so I wouldn't know) that I have to work around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back