Cayin N30LE DAP: A Transformative Milestone (30th Anniv. Limited Edition)
Mar 5, 2024 at 8:00 PM Post #2,866 of 2,935
Yes, that is something I am also thinking about.
Haven't tried it yet as "The Bird" is still in the post and the Odins which I want to sell are already cleaned and packed.

In a few days, I can give you my take on it.

As for over ears with the Caldera Redheart, I prefer Class A | Tube Classic | P+ or Hyper depending on the song volume is around 30 - 32.
Will try the Elite on the weekend and hope that "The Bird" arrives next week.

Mar 5, 2024 at 8:11 PM Post #2,867 of 2,935
Yes, that is something I am also thinking about.
Haven't tried it yet as "The Bird" is still in the post and the Odins which I want to sell are already cleaned and packed.

In a few days, I can give you my take on it.

As for over ears with the Caldera Redheart, I prefer Class A | Tube Classic | P+ or Hyper depending on the song volume is around 30 - 32.
Will try the Elite on the weekend and hope that "The Bird" arrives next week.
N30LE AP or Standard in tube classic hyper mode Hdb is sooo good with Caldera and yes volume around 40 or 32 depending on the recording, it is really really good
Looking forward to hearing impressions of the Caldera Closed that is debuting on Thursday at CanJam

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2024 at 8:34 PM Post #2,868 of 2,935
Yes, I am enjoying it a lot as well.

Only had the N30LE for a week but am very happy with it. The OS is fast, it sounds amazing and easily drives over ears.
On the weekend I will give it a try with the Elite.

I wonder how big the differences between the AP and standard are.
Some of the members have both, right?

Indeed I am looking forward to hearing impressions of the Caldera Closed. I heard that it is warmer than the Open.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2024 at 3:59 PM Post #2,869 of 2,935
Out of curiosity and sorry for the noob question, but I really have no idea here. These options P+ and Hyper increase the voltage and thus the output power, is that correct? In an ideal world where IEMs can reach their full potential because they are optimally supplied with power, would those options mean that they support IEMs here? Or does that have nothing to do with it? Whether that's better or worse should be left to everyone, but that's not my question.

Mar 14, 2024 at 4:45 AM Post #2,870 of 2,935
1. Does anyone know the size of Xelastec eartips plugged into the Amber Pearl iem? I am trying to buy a replacement but don't know the size.
2. Has anyone tried using FTS cable with AP Iem? Does it improve the sound?
Thanks

Mar 14, 2024 at 9:10 AM Post #2,871 of 2,935
A very strange thing happened with my N30. I uploaded some albums fromy PC to my N30 and… all files ( tracks) are doubled by a _xxx version ( that is not playable) while on the pc there are no double files. I had to erase manualy on the N30 all those _xxx files !
What happened ? How to fix this ?
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_8865.jpeg
    IMG_8865.jpeg
    991.6 KB · Views: 0
Mar 14, 2024 at 9:35 AM Post #2,872 of 2,935
A very strange thing happened with my N30. I uploaded some albums fromy PC to my N30 and… all files ( tracks) are doubled by a _xxx version ( that is not playable) while on the pc there are no double files. I had to erase manualy on the N30 all those _xxx files !
What happened ? How to fix this ?
Thanks

When users copy files to some destinations other than the boot drive, they might get multiple files created, some of which can be invisible for some operating systems but visible in others. "._" files are resource fork segments of files that are being created on the external volume. In Mac file systems, there is support for two types of file information: one is the resource fork, and the other is the data fork. The data fork will contain user-supplied information such as the text of a word document, and the resource fork will contain information about the document such as author, document-specific preferences, and other metadata.

In Mac file systems, these forks are treated as one file, and appear as such; however, resource forks are not supported on many file systems, including those used on Windows machines. As such, when users copy files to these systems the resource fork can be lost.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2024 at 12:07 PM Post #2,873 of 2,935
When users copy files to some destinations other than the boot drive, they might get multiple files created, some of which can be invisible for some operating systems but visible in others. "._" files are resource fork segments of files that are being created on the external volume. In Mac file systems, there is support for two types of file information: one is the resource fork, and the other is the data fork. The data fork will contain user-supplied information such as the text of a word document, and the resource fork will contain information about the document such as author, document-specific preferences, and other metadata.

In Mac file systems, these forks are treated as one file, and appear as such; however, resource forks are not supported on many file systems, including those used on Windows machines. As such, when users copy files to these systems the resource fork can be lost.
Than you for this detailed info. Do you mean that the SD card I must avoid using sub-directories ? Right now for exemple an Elvis album will be copied into a “pop-rock” ditectory. And the Emperor concerto album will be copied as a sub-sub-directory : root>classical>Beethoven>Emperor.
:wink:
Is this the cause of my _xxxx problem?

Mar 14, 2024 at 1:58 PM Post #2,874 of 2,935
Than you for this detailed info. Do you mean that the SD card I must avoid using sub-directories ? Right now for exemple an Elvis album will be copied into a “pop-rock” ditectory. And the Emperor concerto album will be copied as a sub-sub-directory : root>classical>Beethoven>Emperor.
:wink:
Is this the cause of my _xxxx problem?

It's not a folder or subfolder directory issue – it's a file system thing. When you mentioned that you copied the files from a PC, was this a Windows or MacOS device? And were the files ever accessed from a MacOS device?

I maintain my DSD music collection on an external SSD formatted in exFat and manage them using my MacBook Pro. What I do on my Mac so they will not show up on when browsing the microSD on my DAP is:

Open terminal and type “dot_clean “ then drag the SD card into terminal to get the drive path

dot_clean /Volumes/sdcard

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2024 at 5:16 PM Post #2,875 of 2,935
It's not a folder or subfolder directory issue – it's a file system thing. When you mentioned that you copied the files from a PC, was this a Windows or MacOS device? And were the files ever accessed from a MacOS device?

I maintain my DSD music collection on an external SSD formatted in exFat and manage them using my MacBook Pro. What I do on my Mac so they will not show up on when browsing the microSD on my DAP is:

Open terminal and type “dot_clean “ then drag the SD card into terminal to get the drive path

dot_clean /Volumes/sdcard
I used my Mac to download the files from internet (HD Track & QOBUZ) onto an extranal HD, and then I plug this HD in the N30 to transfer them to the N30.

Mar 14, 2024 at 6:05 PM Post #2,876 of 2,935
I used my Mac to download the files from internet (HD Track & QOBUZ) onto an extranal HD, and then I plug this HD in the N30 to transfer them to the N30.

Ah, that's why you're seeing the ".AppleDouble" or "._filename" resource files. MacOS Finder creates AppleDouble files "._filename" are created when you copy a file containing a resource fork to a non-HFS file system.

Three options:

1. Download music files from Internet onto your External HD. Open terminal and type “dot_clean “ then drag the external HD into terminal to get the drive path and run the following command:

sudo dot_clean /Volumes/[External HD]

Replace [External HD] with whatever internal or external drives you need to scan and clean

NOTE: You'll need to do this every time your download files using your Mac. AppleDouble resource forks should only be created in the folder you saved your file.

2. Use a Windows device to download music files to an exFat formated external HD

3. Ignore the AppleDouble files created.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2024 at 8:09 PM Post #2,877 of 2,935
Ah, that's why you're seeing the ".AppleDouble" or "._filename" resource files. MacOS Finder creates AppleDouble files "._filename" are created when you copy a file containing a resource fork to a non-HFS file system.

Three options:

1. Download music files from Internet onto your External HD. Open terminal and type “dot_clean “ then drag the external HD into terminal to get the drive path and run the following command:

Replace [External HD] with whatever internal or external drives you need to scan and clean

NOTE: You'll need to do this every time your download files using your Mac. AppleDouble resource forks should only be created in the folder you saved your file.

2. Use a Windows device to download music files to an exFat formated external HD

3. Ignore the AppleDouble files created.
thanks

Mar 17, 2024 at 7:24 AM Post #2,879 of 2,935
Out of curiosity and sorry for the noob question, but I really have no idea here. These options P+ and Hyper increase the voltage and thus the output power, is that correct? In an ideal world where IEMs can reach their full potential because they are optimally supplied with power, would those options mean that they support IEMs here? Or does that have nothing to do with it? Whether that's better or worse should be left to everyone, but that's not my question.
My question is still relevant, if anyone would like to answer it.

A big THANK YOU for this command! I was always too lazy and I had never really thought about looking for something like this. I've used the con CleanMyMac program, which I've always hated. Now the problem is solved.

Mar 24, 2024 at 1:33 PM Post #2,880 of 2,935
A quick update on our remedial plan.

Cayin sent out 50+ sets of N30LE/N30LE Amber Pearl yesterday (27 Sept) to our international dealers for replacement as well as fulfilling outstanding orders. We have explained our plan in advance, we have worked under a very tight schedule but we are glad to inform the N30LE community that have met the schedule.

These rebiased N30LE/N30LE are now located in Hong Kong pending customs clearance, it might take a few days before these units are onboard the plane. I can't provide any update after today because our Headquarters will break for National Day (8 days) and I can't access to the logistic status until our support team resumes duty.
Just want to go back in time a bit, and applaud this responsiveness and customer service. This is how it's done by a vendor who cares about their customer base. I've been buying Cayin since the first A-88T integrated amp came out, and still have the 688R...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back