Cen.Grand 9i-906 "Silver Fox"
Jan 27, 2024 at 3:18 PM Post #916 of 968
20240122_142212.jpg

The eagle has landed. Well it landed a few days ago, haven't had to much time to try it out. Was changing my setup around to hook it up. The moment I started playing it I couldn't stop smilling. I started with wayward son, which I've listen to over 100 times. That first 5 secs, I stopped the song and told myself no way it sounds this good. I looked at my wife in excitement and said that 5 sec sounded beyond amazing. I took a break, came back 20 mins later. Couldn't stop listening until it was time to go to sleep for work. Every single song I listened to, sounded way better then before. Not in a different flavoring type of way. Like this amp has so much authority over the music.

I was listening to Denafrips Terminator 2 12th-1 - Silver Fox 9i-906 - Denafrips Hermes - Analysis Plus Silver Apex interconnect - he1000se wywire silver cable - furman i15 symmectrical power conditioner.

Edit: Silver fox settings Parallel, Low impedance 1, XLR

Edit 2: Quick note Harder to drive headphones my He6se, heddphone sounds best with BTL, High Impedance. I finally have a set-up I feel is ready for the susvara. :gs1000smile:

The seperation is even more expanded. This amp has so much control over each and every note. Every note has weight to it. Notes sound more controlled, haven't heard a amp do this so well. Sounds perfect. honestly don't know how it could sound better. I've been through a ton of gear, looking for a sound that would be the sound best for me. With the silver fox amp I have found it. Honestly I've been running the mjolnir 3 with my terminator, it is no comparison with the delivery of music. Probably will sell it. I haven't ran the bliss with my terminator in a while, but I remember it having that power and authority, but not quite the synisynergy with the terminator, sounds more clincal. I love the bliss with the spring. The denafrips artemis amp, is the most tube sounding amp I've listen to. If your looking for that warm syrupy sound, thats the amp for you. Thats a keeper, when your in the mood for that unique sound. It doesn't have as much power but, boy does it sound good. Haven't heard a amp close to it. Rag 2 has tons of power, bass heavy, colored amp. Burson is very clinical.

The silver fox is the first amp, where I feel like I found what I've been looking for since I started this journey in audio. I finally reached that point where my curiosity has settled, I don't think it can get better then this. What I discovered at a certain point all these amps and dacs sound amazing, your just looking for the sound thats suited for you. I've found it with the terminator and silver fox. I'm not even curious on another amp hooked to it.

The silver fox got me to the point, where I'm telling myself its time to purge some gear. There's no more chasing that sonic preference you been looking for, I found it.
Only thing I'm left wanting to try is the holo may with the bliss. Hmmmm?????
Dang, now I want to buy the Silver Fox.

Jan 27, 2024 at 6:46 PM Post #917 of 968
Do it my friend. tmraudio have a silver fox for 3200 right now. The one I purchased was priced at 3050 and I offered 2700. They accepted my offer. I went with the black silver fox it being a little cheaper. I still have the burson 3xgt I purchased from you. It's handling my gaming and youtube watching duty. Its not going anywhere.

Can't stop listening to it, this amp just works with any and every can you throw at it. Low impedence, high impedence, hard to drive. I have got nowhere close to maxing out the volume on any headphone. On my utopias max is about -27 db, thats with low impedance 1, parallel. With my he1000v2 its about -12db same settings. My he6se are at max -5db.

Mind you this amp can go up to +5db, also if you need even more power BTL and High Impedance. With those settings he6se for my max listening volume is -13db. This amp has so much power and controls even the low impedance headphones with ease.

Amazing amp and for the price it can't be beat.

20240127_133157.jpg

Jan 27, 2024 at 6:58 PM Post #918 of 968
Dang, now I want to buy the Silver Fox.
Just wait for the next CanJam. It's not like these things are flying off the shelf. The one thing I do know is that TMR had those amps for a long time and I suspect they took those for around $2k on trade.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2024 at 1:18 PM Post #919 of 968
I own the Elites with my Silver Fox. I really like this combination but maybe I will buy a second pair of HP. If you had the chance to buy another TOTL HP with the Silver Fox - which one sounds special for you just with the Silver Fox? I have on my list: Susvara, Caldera, DCA Stealth, Raal CA-1 (with TI-1B)

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2024 at 1:24 PM Post #920 of 968
I personally use my Silver Fox with Elite and Caldera quite often. Both offer very different presentations and are fairly complimentary to one another.

LCD-5 might be a good alternative as well, it goes even farther than Caldera in terms of being more analytical. Not to say one is better than the other but Silver Fox is the type of amp which makes LCD-5 more appealing versus a more sterile amp.

Jan 29, 2024 at 1:31 PM Post #921 of 968
Nice to hear about the Caldera. Elite (with angled pads) is for the more relaxed listening session when you can get lost in the music. But I also want a more vivid, engaging HP with more bass energy (which has a special synergy with the Silver Fox). Would be interesting to hear how the Silver Fox works with the CA-1.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2024 at 3:58 PM Post #922 of 968
Do it my friend. tmraudio have a silver fox for 3200 right now. The one I purchased was priced at 3050 and I offered 2700. They accepted my offer. I went with the black silver fox it being a little cheaper. I still have the burson 3xgt I purchased from you. It's handling my gaming and youtube watching duty. Its not going anywhere.

Can't stop listening to it, this amp just works with any and every can you throw at it. Low impedence, high impedence, hard to drive. I have got nowhere close to maxing out the volume on any headphone. On my utopias max is about -27 db, thats with low impedance 1, parallel. With my he1000v2 its about -12db same settings. My he6se are at max -5db.

Mind you this amp can go up to +5db, also if you need even more power BTL and High Impedance. With those settings he6se for my max listening volume is -13db. This amp has so much power and controls even the low impedance headphones with ease.

Amazing amp and for the price it can't be beat.

20240127_133157.jpg
Have you tried it with the Susvara?

Feb 16, 2024 at 11:58 AM Post #924 of 968
Silver Fox is in the house!!!! - Thanks Arthur for the quick shipping.
Looking forward to a long weekend of enjoying this beautiful amp. :L3000: :L3000:

SF1.jpeg
SF2.jpeg
sf5.jpeg
sf6.jpeg

Feb 16, 2024 at 3:21 PM Post #926 of 968
Silver Fox is in the house!!!! - Thanks Arthur for the quick shipping.
Looking forward to a long weekend of enjoying this beautiful amp. :L3000: :L3000:

SF1.jpegSF2.jpegsf5.jpegsf6.jpeg
You going to leave the plastic on the top? That's like having a sofa covered in plastic. lol

Feb 16, 2024 at 5:36 PM Post #928 of 968
lol... I forgot about the plastic on top... I will remove. Thanks! :k701smile:
This is VERY preliminary but... even the songs I don't like much... still sound so good that I don't change them! I am enjoying this sound like nothing I have had before.
It is funny, I was getting tired of my ZMF Atriums.... I was not that happy with the sound I was getting, but on the Silver Fox they sing to me like never before.

Feb 16, 2024 at 9:14 PM Post #930 of 968
And now speaking of some "dumb" fun with them foxes :):):)

C Grand.jpeg
stuck-nemo.gif

arctic-fox-dance-moves.gif
d9dqzi2-d71e4c95-71af-4aad-bfba-a57cb1cdd3db.gif

Attachments

• C Grand.jpeg
    C Grand.jpeg
    34.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back