Cen.Grand 9i-906 "Silver Fox"
Feb 18, 2024 at 1:48 AM Post #931 of 968
You going to leave the plastic on the top? That's like having a sofa covered in plastic. lol

You read my mind lol, about to comment the same. First thing I did when purchased dsdac deluxe: Remove the plastic on top.

I personally use my Silver Fox with Elite and Caldera quite often. Both offer very different presentations and are fairly complimentary to one another.
Apparently we have similar taste. Agree about Elite + Caldera pairing with SF!

Diana TC with Bass Ported Earpad actually also sounds great with SF.

---

Anyway a cross of my post from Bliss thread:

A friend came over and brought Bliss. Finally able to test this amp!

It sounds neutral with some hint of warmness. I was a bit surprised that actually Bliss was a little darker sounding than Cen Grand Silver Fox on treble area. Both amp perform bass in very well manner, punchy, dense, and tight.

Vocal on Bliss is more "linear" sounding, while Silver Fox perform a little more "melodic" in this regard. Silver Fox definitely has more pronounce Vocal, with a bit more forward than Bliss. With Bliss I felt Vocal is more in line with the rest of instrument, while with Silver Fox the Singer take one step closer to me.

Soundstage both amp also perform well, wide, spacious, nice depth perception. Silver Fox being airier and more spacious, with separation between instrument also has more "room". Bliss still doing great in this section though, nothing to complain.

Last edited:
Feb 29, 2024 at 1:54 AM Post #933 of 968
Someone here who can report about experiences with the Silver Fox combined with Raal headphones (via Interface TI-1b)? I am on the buyers list for the new Raal Immanis.

Mar 1, 2024 at 3:22 PM Post #935 of 968
The Silver Fox as good as it is likes the purple fuse I put in it. Also being a very powerful amp I had to adjust my Abyss TC headphones to compensate for heavy deep bass tracks. Worthwhile investment in sound. Good sound.
I'm using a Hifi Tuning Supreme fuse in my Silver Fox. I like the improved transient snap on the leading edge of notes I'm hearing.

Mar 2, 2024 at 9:26 AM Post #936 of 968
The Silver Fox as good as it is likes the purple fuse I put in it. Also being a very powerful amp I had to adjust my Abyss TC headphones to compensate for heavy deep bass tracks. Worthwhile investment in sound. Good sound.
Do you still have your Niimbus as well? How does it compare?

Mar 2, 2024 at 9:48 AM Post #937 of 968
Do you still have your Niimbus as well? How does it compare?
I no longer have the Niimbus but it was an awesome amp as well. The Silver Fox works better for me as I use very hard to drive Abyss headphones. It would be a personal choice to which amp is better or how they compare. It is very system dependent. I loved the Niimbus and changed for the sake of the hobby and curiosity. Both amps are excellent.

Mar 15, 2024 at 7:53 AM Post #938 of 968
Looks like I’ll be joining the Silver Fox club next week, very pumped to have a TOTL Solid State back in my chain (I gave up my Violectric V550 Pro in a trade for my Agartha 2021 awhile back)

Mar 15, 2024 at 1:01 PM Post #939 of 968
Looks like I’ll be joining the Silver Fox club next week, very pumped to have a TOTL Solid State back in my chain (I gave up my Violectric V550 Pro in a trade for my Agartha 2021 awhile back)
I love my Silver Fox. It has tone and musicality for days along with great technicalities.

Mar 15, 2024 at 7:32 PM Post #940 of 968
I love it too!!!! and when I paired it the DSDAC, it got even better. These 2 units really work great together.
System Pic2.jpeg

Mar 16, 2024 at 10:01 AM Post #941 of 968
I love it too!!!! and when I paired it the DSDAC, it got even better. These 2 units really work great together.
System Pic2.jpeg
Yeah, there hasn't been a headphone that I haven't tried that didn't sound great on the Silver Fox. I have mine paired with a Chord Dave. It adds a bit of edge/grit to the sound offsetting some of that upper end smoothness of the Silver Fox.

Mar 16, 2024 at 1:03 PM Post #942 of 968
I did not believe that the "right" DAC could make such a difference, or at least that I would be able to hear it. I normally do not hear much difference between amps.... people talk about "sound decay" and many other terms that really mean nothing to me since I don't know how to recognize them. But, when I moved from my Bifrost to the Cen.Grand DAC the sound became noticeably more 3-D, more real.... I don't know how to put it into words... just so much fun to listen to.
DAVE must be one amazing DAC so I am sure that it is sharp as a knife with the Silver Fox.

Mar 16, 2024 at 1:25 PM Post #943 of 968
I did not believe that the "right" DAC could make such a difference, or at least that I would be able to hear it. I normally do not hear much difference between amps.... people talk about "sound decay" and many other terms that really mean nothing to me since I don't know how to recognize them. But, when I moved from my Bifrost to the Cen.Grand DAC the sound became noticeably more 3-D, more real.... I don't know how to put it into words... just so much fun to listen to.
DAVE must be one amazing DAC so I am sure that it is sharp as a knife with the Silver Fox.
The next step up in terms of experience is sounding like you are in a small studio with close field high end speakers and subs. Not all songs will be like this but well recorded and mastered, yes. Don’t know if you can get there with cengrand and zmf.

Mar 18, 2024 at 11:48 AM Post #944 of 968
Caught up on the entire thread, very excited to take delivery tomorrow. Thanks to those who contributed to the thread.

Mar 18, 2024 at 5:01 PM Post #945 of 968
Caught up on the entire thread, very excited to take delivery tomorrow. Thanks to those who contributed to the thread.
Looking forward to your impressions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back