Not open for further replies.
Apr 25, 2023 at 6:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 54

bitman1001100

New Head-Fier
UPDATE (25 August):
CentralOhioSchiitMeet2023.jpg

Date of Meet: 26 August
Time: 10:00AM - 3:00PM
Location: Brick House Blues (https://www.brickhouseblue.com/meeting-space/#!)
Jukebox Room
6605 Longshore Street, Suite 240, Dublin, Ohio 43017
Free parking garage across the street along with free street parking
Plenty of space to spread out with tables & chairs, couches, and huge power bricks
Zoom Meet: Jason Stoddard plans to chat with the group at 1:00. Prep those questions!
Food & Beverages: Snacks and non-alcoholic drinks will be provided at the venue thanks to Schiit!
Beer & Liquor: Permitted if you'd like to bring something
Entertainment: Plenty of restaurants and bars within walking distance including 16 Bit Bar+Arcade right next door (https://www.16-bitbar.com/dublin) and a market with a bunch of grab and go food choices (https://northmarket.org/location/bridge-park-market/)

Two Channel: I will set up the Ragnarok and I will also bring one of my Vidars for two channel. Here's my thought... Yggy > Freya S or Kara > Vidar > speakers (can do a Freya S & Kara comparison). Will switch out to Ragnarok > speakers for those that want to hear the Rag in two channel also. I'll bring my PSBs. Through word of mouth, I heard a couple others may bring other bookshelf speakers (PMCs & KEFs). We'll see how this works!!

Equipment (As I know it so far):
From Schiit:
Ragnarok 2
Yggdrasil+ OG
Lyr+
Bifrost 2/64
Jotunheim 2
Syn
Modi
Vali
Urd -- Bring cd's if you want to try! I will bring some but they will all be 90's prog rock and quite used!
Freya S
Kara
Mjolnir 3

Headphones:
Sennheiser 800s
Audeze LCDx
ZMF

F1x1on: Abyss Diana TC's; Xi Audio Broadway; K-Dac or Sagra; GS-X Mini
bitman1001100: PSB Alpha P3s; Focal Elegia; Schiit Loki Mini; Schiit Vidar
SLMStyles: GS-X Mini DACT, HD800S, Mojo 2
tvrboy: Gungnir MB, Lyr +, Auteur Classic / HD-660 S2
MermaidMan: Magni Piety, HD6XX, Franken HE-400 (the original!)
Leon995: Stax x9000, Stax 007, Amp is Headamp BHSE, DAC will be prism sound ada 8xr
darkfireblade25: DCA Expanse and Sennheiser 8XX

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2023 at 7:56 PM Post #3 of 54
If it lines up with my travel/production schedule I may be free to join in. It's been a few years since I last made it down to CBus and it'd be nice to get back there for a weekend, see some people, try some gear, and maybe make a stop at one of my favorite local haunts: Magnolia Thunder*****.
There also used to be an equipment store there on High St (name escapes me, over 20 yrs ago)… I had my first listen to Wilson Audio speakers there 🔊😲

Apr 28, 2023 at 6:26 PM Post #4 of 54
May 3, 2023 at 5:46 PM Post #5 of 54
When I had a larger place, I held many many meets these were/are some of the more active members
Can prolly put Me and First gen hun on the list for attendees.

KrunchyLex
Zub-a-Roo
Eee Pee
First Gen Hun
gibosi
buke9
Thanks for posting the links to your previous meet-ups; looks like fun! Hopefully we can get a good crowd together. I think I’ve landed a date (Saturday, August 26th) and I’m finalizing the details on a place. I will post more by this weekend!

Last edited:
May 3, 2023 at 9:05 PM Post #6 of 54
Last edited:
May 4, 2023 at 1:29 PM Post #7 of 54
May 4, 2023 at 1:35 PM Post #8 of 54
Awesome! Would love to make it a larger mid-west Schiit meet-up! I could use an excuse to get to Pittsburgh also! :)
Seems like we have another participant for this meet up :)

May 4, 2023 at 3:07 PM Post #12 of 54
btw way please include me and my wife (first gen hun)
Equipment I have to share.

LCD2f Dekoni pads
Hifiman R9 JM OCD Extreme stealth
HD 58x Yaxi pads
Grado 325 Goldie Yaxi Pads

Flux F22 amp
Nad Cd538
Schiit Modi
Schiit Magni Hershey

Last edited:
May 9, 2023 at 4:59 PM Post #13 of 54
I should be able to bring my Abyss Diana TC's and Xi Audio Broadway and K-Dac or Sagra depending on what kit I have at the time. Depending on space I could also consider bringing my GS-X Mini as well.

May 16, 2023 at 8:30 PM Post #14 of 54
I added a couple more updates to the main post. I'm looking at starting around 10:00AM and ending at 3:00PM. For those interested in getting there a little early to help set-up, I would appreciate it!

I also heard today that Jason Stoddard will be speaking with us virtually! I'll work out a time and let you all know so you can plan accordingly.

In addition, I added a little infographic so you can easily share with friends if you want. If you know of folks that will be coming but are not on Head-Fi, please post on here the numbers so we can get a good guess of a headcount. Thanks!

Jun 15, 2023 at 6:30 AM Post #15 of 54
Denise, over at Schiit, is looking to build out the list of equipment to send for the SchiitMeet. If anyone has any particular interests in trying something, let me know now and I can try to make it happen! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back