Chicago area Head-Fi meet announcement thread
Apr 23, 2023 at 6:59 PM Post #91 of 96
If anyone is into electrostatic headphones in Chicago area you should call Ray Samuels and see if you could stop by to hear his latest, the B-21 Raider, it is truly a beast. I just got back from Rays listening to it with his SR-X9000, the Shangri-La Jr and the Audeze CRBN. It also has his best ever solid state amplifier included as well. Best listening experience I have had with any setup.
What DAC does he use?

Apr 27, 2023 at 4:42 PM Post #94 of 96
If anyone is into electrostatic headphones in Chicago area you should call Ray Samuels and see if you could stop by to hear his latest, the B-21 Raider, it is truly a beast. I just got back from Rays listening to it with his SR-X9000, the Shangri-La Jr and the Audeze CRBN. It also has his best ever solid state amplifier included as well. Best listening experience I have had with any setup.
:xf_rolleyes::xf_rolleyes::xf_rolleyes::xf_rolleyes::xf_rolleyes: Cool guy but no thanks? We are still trying to get over B52 over here.

Also, isn't he like 80 now? He should just enjoy life and retirement - and his Lambo of course.

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2024 at 2:37 PM Post #95 of 96
Hey everyone. I know it’s been a while. Just a note to remind you that Axpona audio expo is happening this weekend Friday-Sunday.

Also going to try to get a smaller meet scheduled for the summer. Keep an eye out for that.

Keith

Apr 11, 2024 at 1:02 AM Post #96 of 96
I have some spare gear that I could probably set up a table all by myself. Someone supply the cans :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Sonic Frontier SFD-1 mk2
NewOntech Dac07
Headamp Glite mk 2 with PSU
Headamp GS-1 mk2
NITSCH Sound Pietus Maximus (on loan to me)
Playback Designs Merlot is technically spare but I would be super sad if it got damaged somehow.
Shanling ET-3

See you all at AXPONA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back