CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Mar 17, 2018 at 8:33 PM Post #7,876 of 31,833
The Liebesleid is a bit out of my price range but the VX Pro sounds promising (the Toneking TO400S looks interesting too but I know nothing of their sound sig). I recently got the Willsound MK3 and just didn't do it for me, do you know how the VX Pro would compare to that (or the MK2)? I preferred the Kinera bud and Seahf AWK-F150C over the MK3. Maybe I need more burning but it's been a month of on and off usage..

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2018 at 11:27 PM Post #7,877 of 31,833
The Liebesleid is a bit out of my price range but the VX Pro sounds promising (the Toneking TO400S looks interesting too but I know nothing of their sound sig). I recently got the Willsound MK3 and just didn't do it for me, do you know how the VX Pro would compare to that (or the MK2)? I preferred the Kinera bud and Seahf AWK-F150C over the MK3. Maybe I need more burning but it's been a month of on and off usage..

Never tried the MK3, only the MK1 and MK2..compared to MK2 the VX Pro has a leaner mid and mid bass. Bass could go deep depending on how the fitting to your ears. Soundstage thr MK2 sounds like a large closed back headphones while VX Pro is more like open back

Mar 18, 2018 at 3:48 AM Post #7,878 of 31,833
New IEM

NiceHCK diy846

Shure 846 spec with dynamic driver on super low sub bass..just saw this poroduct and company claim is that 4BA were tuned to be a little airier 846 and then added a Dynamic for zero Roll off bass.

If the claim is true, then this would be clear monster

Price 140usd

Mar 18, 2018 at 2:44 PM Post #7,885 of 31,833
Mar 18, 2018 at 2:50 PM Post #7,886 of 31,833
well aint gonna know it .. if there are no reviews though... I dont think anyone has experience here with nicehck iems... if they give big value considered against other iems like ibasso it01 and tfz king pro I will consider it..

Mar 18, 2018 at 3:43 PM Post #7,887 of 31,833
This is a NiceHck iem:
NiceHckDT100.jpg

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/201...ature-Detachable-Detach-MMCX/32849259889.html

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2018 at 6:00 PM Post #7,888 of 31,833
I have both and both are great sounding. The Sonys have a minimalistic micro cylinder design made of aluminium with a useless remote (only works for Sony phones) and a j-shaped flat cable. The DZATs are wooden and have a strangely frail textile cable and a useful remote.

The Sonys are hailed by audiophiles, the DZATs are not.

http://theheadphonelist.com/headphone_review/sony-mh1c/
https://goo.gl/mLU7oH
https://www.audiophileon.com/news/sony-mh1c-earphone-review
Does the mic still work with non sony phones?

Mar 18, 2018 at 7:28 PM Post #7,889 of 31,833
I've been out of the chi-fi earphones game since the Hifiman RE0s (and the head-fi hype train surrounding them) disappointed me so much that I stopped looking at IEMs altogether for a long time.

But lately, I've jumped back onboard and bought some VE Monk earbuds (they're on their way) and am looking at IEMs again.

So what's the consensus these days if I'm looking at something similar to the KSC75 sound for IEMs? I've gone through the last 10 pages and it sounds like the Uiisii CM5s are a good pick. Anything else?

Mar 18, 2018 at 7:46 PM Post #7,890 of 31,833
I've been out of the chi-fi earphones game since the Hifiman RE0s (and the head-fi hype train surrounding them) disappointed me so much that I stopped looking at IEMs altogether for a long time

But lately, I've jumped back onboard and bought some VE Monk earbuds (they're on their way) and am looking at IEMs again.

So what's the consensus these days if I'm looking at something similar to the KSC75 sound for IEMs? I've gone through the last 10 pages and it sounds like the Uiisii CM5s are a good pick. Anything else?

Seens like you are looking for something with a Nice stage and airyness. This is what people highlights on cm5. I have'nt take a listen yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back