Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 16, 2016 at 10:35 AM Post #25,696 of 35,472
Saoshyant thank you! by the way I can't stop listening to Muse's Drones, excellent stuff :)

hakuzen
Soon I will see for myself about Piano, I hope my opinion will be rather similar to Saoshyant's :) For 2 days I've been enjoying Joyroom E107, well, they are undoubtedly a very decent pair of phones, I still can't get over how tiny they are, without tips they would fall into my ear canals :)

Apr 16, 2016 at 11:18 AM Post #25,698 of 35,472
If you think the Joyroom are tiny then you should see the First Harmonic ieb6, super small with a 5.5mm driver. They are a tad bright but still sound very good. I gave them to my girlfriend months ago bc Im treble sensitive but for fun I paired them with my new E12 last night and til rolled, only good seal besides stock tips was Biflange which controlled the treble too. First Harmonic is a side company of ThinkSound.

http://www.amazon.com/IEB6-headphone-engineered-mini-driver-exceptional/dp/B0178BC13W

Apr 16, 2016 at 11:39 AM Post #25,699 of 35,472

thanks! will try the ostrys with some iems, i guess the os100 is the suitable one (don't need to enhance bass, searching for balanced sig), correct me if mistaken.

another way to avoid lz-za03a treble harsh consists of equalizing them: just decrease 2dB the 6KHz frequency

They don't really enhance bass as much they filter down treble. 300>200>100 so the only real way bass is enhanced is due to treble being tamed shifts the balance some the other direction. OS100 is fine for a small reduction on a peaky or slightly too bright phone and does bring more balance. They work well and you can pop out the filters and use them in other tips if you choose as they are just stretched over the filter w/o adhesive or permanent attachment. Obviously there will be extra filters from the size you don't use to play around with.

Apr 16, 2016 at 11:55 AM Post #25,700 of 35,472
  Try EQing the "twin peaks" at 3 & 6 kHz.
Eventually reduce bass at 50Hz.

thank you! "3kHz & 6KHz, about -3dB, driver flex" was in my notes (maybe i read it in another post from you). but they were sounding so horrible without eq, that declined trying to eq them.
now, will try, adding that bass cut off (i like same signature than you, balanced, neutral)

@hakuzen
Soon I will see for myself about Piano, I hope my opinion will be rather similar to Saoshyant's :) For 2 days I've been enjoying Joyroom E107, well, they are undoubtedly a very decent pair of phones, I still can't get over how tiny they are, without tips they would fall into my ear canals :)

i also love those tiny comfortable iems. can't wait to listen to that rich full sound. maybe i receive them today (together with easy m2 -intrigued by this one, as well-, and tingo fl800 -low expectation in this one-). will let you know if my pianos get improved with Ewen (eq) and Saoshyant (tips) suggestions.

thank you! found these ones (they came with the dqsm) in my stock. they look similar, and also are for 6mm nozzles. am going to try them asap. if they work with the pianos, they might work well with dqsm as well.
between your suggestion and Ewen's eq suggestion, hope to revive the pianos! =))

Apr 16, 2016 at 12:20 PM Post #25,701 of 35,472
I love the joyroom JR-E107, the LZ-Z02A are slightly more refined in sound but overall sound signature wise I still prefer the JR-E107 especially for 11 dollars.The joyrooms do suffer from cable microphonics but that's the only negative for me.

Apr 16, 2016 at 12:25 PM Post #25,702 of 35,472

They don't really enhance bass as much they filter down treble. 300>200>100 so the only real way bass is enhanced is due to treble being tamed shifts the balance some the other direction. OS100 is fine for a small reduction on a peaky or slightly too bright phone and does bring more balance. They work well and you can pop out the filters and use them in other tips if you choose as they are just stretched over the filter w/o adhesive or permanent attachment. Obviously there will be extra filters from the size you don't use to play around with.

wow! thank you very much! added os100 to my cart (btw, i've bought recently xduoo x3, vsonic vc02, fiio optical dac and cables, from that seller, Bright Audio, and found them the fastest and most serious audio seller in aliexpress from my experience, i really like them), but didn't push the trigger because 5€ for one pair deserved some consideration. but thanks to you valuable info (not enhancing bass, just treble small reduction, and 3 pairs of filters!), i'm going to order them right now.

i use to avoid tweaking a well balanced iem, but many of my iems are good candidates to try these filters: neutral slightly bright ones can use the os100, harsh/sibilance/high peaks ones can use the os200. for instance, vsonics (gr07, vc02, vsd3s), dqsm, lz-z03a, pianos, etc.
i think i'll wait to check how os100 and 200 work before deciding if os300 would be useful for any of my iems.

Apr 16, 2016 at 1:22 PM Post #25,705 of 35,472
  thank you! "3kHz & 6KHz, about -3dB, driver flex" was in my notes (maybe i read it in another post from you). but they were sounding so horrible without eq, that declined trying to eq them.
now, will try, adding that bass cut off (i like same signature than you, balanced, neutral)

Yes that was me
wink_face.gif
The driver flex on the left channel is not really disturbing, it's noticeable because trying to get a good seal on iems with MMCX and memory wire is a pain.

My last EQ settings ( still a lot of work ) used on Dire Straits - Lions which gave an acceptable result:

50Hz -3dB
1.2kHz +2dB
3kHz -5dB
6kHz -5dB

I did not touch Q yet.

There is another big problem with soundstage, try using "Stereo Width" in Rockbox ( don't forget to have "Channel Settings" on Custom ).

Last but not least, I have a balance problem with voices on mine.

Apr 16, 2016 at 1:36 PM Post #25,707 of 35,472
i can't find on ali :  lz-z02a .
**** UE , Joyroom E107, KZ ED9 are good options. 
I don't know that to choose. I want something with more subbass and i don't wanna change the sound with any player.

Apr 16, 2016 at 1:42 PM Post #25,708 of 35,472

I don't know that to choose. I want something with more subbass and i don't wanna change the sound with any player.

The **** UE has really nice bass. Probably the best bass I've heard below $50.

Apr 16, 2016 at 1:45 PM Post #25,710 of 35,472

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/2016-New-Design-Original-LZ-02A-In-Ear-Earphone-Top-Sound-LZ-Earphone-DJ-HIFI-Bass/1825606_32612048503.html

LZ-02A

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back