Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 16, 2016 at 1:48 PM Post #25,711 of 35,472
i can't find on ali :  lz-z02a .

**** UE , Joyroom E107, KZ ED9 are good options. 
I don't know that to choose. I want something with more subbass and i don't wanna change the sound with any player.

No EQ needed. Just plug in and enjoy. If an earphone needs EQ it's no bueno for me.

http://m.aliexpress.com/item/32625192258.html?tracelog=storedetail2mobilesitedetail

Apr 16, 2016 at 2:09 PM Post #25,713 of 35,472
No EQ needed. Just plug in and enjoy. If an earphone needs EQ it's no bueno for me.

http://m.aliexpress.com/item/32625192258.html?tracelog=storedetail2mobilesitedetail

:grinning: Me too Lurk. I run my source flat and rely on the earphones to do the EQing.

That way every one gets a fair shake.

:grinning::grinning: TWIN

Apr 16, 2016 at 2:13 PM Post #25,714 of 35,472
I own the xiaomi hybrid and I am not happy with them. After the initial amazement that such a low cost can give you decent sound, I started to realize that the sound was not all that great. It's decent for commuting but that's about it. I find them uncomfortable, even with the better auvio tips. They tend to fall off every 10 min when I run (because of the remote).

I heard good things about the piston 3 but I would consider a different brand altogether.
I have some easy customs UE on the way which are slightly more expensive but I was also considering the **** UEs which are more in your price range.
Bottom line, don't buy the hybrids...

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Apr 16, 2016 at 2:38 PM Post #25,715 of 35,472

Thanks Jant71, i am going to order these today.
Thanks a lot. 

As i was not following the thread for sometime, i was wondering about these -HLSX-808 earphones. 
Could any direct me to a review? I am not able to find one. Thanks.

I've composed several mini-reviews earlier, which you could checkout on the links below!

http://www.head-fi.org/t/684159/chinese-asian-brand-info-thread-headphones-iems-amps-dacs/25545#post_12504410

http://www.head-fi.org/t/684159/chinese-asian-brand-info-thread-headphones-iems-amps-dacs/25410#post_12498621

http://www.head-fi.org/t/684159/chinese-asian-brand-info-thread-headphones-iems-amps-dacs/25335#post_12495857

Other reviews on the HLSX-808 are on the way by other buyers......
etysmile.gif

Apr 16, 2016 at 2:40 PM Post #25,716 of 35,472
Hi guys

I was looking at this thread as I need some help with the replacement of my died VSD5.
I was wondering if there is any similar damn good deal out on the market, meeting the following criterias:

over-the-ear type housing (VSD series are just perfectly comfy for me)
replacable cord
VSD5-like sound signature - msotly for spotify and poweramp, 320 mp3, rock (classic, hard, metal, anything)

what should I look at ?

thanks

Apr 16, 2016 at 2:52 PM Post #25,718 of 35,472
I have an Easy M2 in transit. Should I bite the bullet and also buy HLSX808?

This hobby is kind of getting out of hand. Having a hard time explaining to the wife what's about all those dangling iem's. :wink:

Apr 16, 2016 at 2:53 PM Post #25,719 of 35,472
  Yes that was me
wink_face.gif
The driver flex on the left channel is not really disturbing, it's noticeable because trying to get a good seal on iems with MMCX and memory wire is a pain.

My last EQ settings ( still a lot of work ) used on Dire Straits - Lions which gave an acceptable result:

50Hz -3dB
1.2kHz +2dB
3kHz -5dB
6kHz -5dB

I did not touch Q yet.

There is another big problem with soundstage, try using "Stereo Width" in Rockbox ( don't forget to have "Channel Settings" on Custom ).

Last but not least, I have a balance problem with voices on mine.

thanks once again for such a detailed info. will follow all your heads up.
anyway, these pianos are far from being gems, lol. i hate those imbalance issues when found; it's relatively fixable in some way if a general imbalance (another setting to be changed frequently, when changing iems or daps, though). but i wouldn't know how to manage such imbalance only in some frequencies.

Apr 16, 2016 at 2:57 PM Post #25,720 of 35,472
This hobby is kind of getting out of hand. Having a hard time explaining to the wife what's about all those dangling iem's. :wink:

That sounds vaguely familiar, lol!

Apr 16, 2016 at 3:08 PM Post #25,721 of 35,472

They don't really enhance bass as much they filter down treble. 300>200>100 so the only real way bass is enhanced is due to treble being tamed shifts the balance some the other direction. OS100 is fine for a small reduction on a peaky or slightly too bright phone and does bring more balance. They work well and you can pop out the filters and use them in other tips if you choose as they are just stretched over the filter w/o adhesive or permanent attachment. Obviously there will be extra filters from the size you don't use to play around with.

I've ordered these Ostry tuning tips also a few weeks ago. By the way as already mentioned by other headfiers lots of the stuff I ordered is also stuck in China. I think AE's promotion week inundated Chinese post with a massive quantity of parcels and they're still struggling to this day to get this under control. Anyway, I'm very curious whether these tips can add an extra layer of control to the sound of an iem. I don't like to EQ my iem's so this might be a good solution to tame the LZ03A

Apr 16, 2016 at 4:05 PM Post #25,724 of 35,472
They definitely look interesting enough to buy, I was thinking about them during the AE anniversary sale but Tennmak Piano were at 17usd so I grabbed them, still waiting for them, ok get **** UE and enjoy your favourite music! and of course tell us something about them when they arrive at your hands :)

Apr 16, 2016 at 4:07 PM Post #25,725 of 35,472
  i can't find on ali :  lz-z02a .
**** UE , Joyroom E107, KZ ED9 are good options. 
I don't know that to choose. I want something with more subbass and i don't wanna change the sound with any player.

subbass rather than midbass? warm slow rumble bass or fast tight punchy bass? slight or heavy bass emphasis? which player are you going to use?
i ask you this, because the piston 3 needs a bit more power to reach same volume than the others (it's 32 ohm, 98dB..), and other considerations.

i've listened to the **** ue and the lz-z02a a bit while burn-in, together with piston 3.

piston 3 (search for it in http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-352-iems-compared-pump-audio-earphones-added-04-03-16-p-1106 ) and lz-z02a (check http://www.head-fi.org/products/lz-z02a/reviews/15493 ) sound balanced to my ears; piston 3 has v-shaped signature, lz-z02a, w-shaped; piston 3 has slight midbass emphasis, while lz-z02a keeps good midbass, but some more subbass (in extension and presence) than piston 3. any of both are ok for my bass needs (might prefer the z02a).
lz-z02a mids are a bit more forward than in piston 3. you can note their presence better. would say the same about upper mids (although less difference). because of this, and because of the more highs extension, z02a sounds brighter (piston 3 are not dark anyway); vocals are a bit more forward.
i wear piston 3 straight down (only possibility), not many microphonics though. lz-z02, over the ear, using the provided ear guides. both are very comfortable.
you can get the piston 3 for about $15 now,  lz-z02a for $23. both are very good choices, imo. you don't need to eq them at all.
btw, my first impressions of the lz-z02a match Paulpark impressions in his review, compared with the lz-z03a. it fixes the problems of some subbass lacking, and has not the sibilant and harsh peak in high mids/trebles (6KHz).

**** ue has clearly more bass emphasis than both. but it's a warmer bass, smoother, with more rumble. its overall sound, after only 20 hours of burn-in, is quite warmer and smoother than both. sounds good, but more colored, warm, than my personal preference (i prefer thin, fast, punchy, neutral or slightly bright sound, which uses to come with good detail and instrument separation). if you like to feel surrounded by bass, sacrificing some resolution, it's a good option.

joyroom e107 has not arrived here. but you can read the good impressions it's receiving in this thread. it seems to have emphasized bass, and some highs peak (v-shape). like SilentCinema says, its sound is less refined than lz-z02a (i deduct less detailed, so), but with more bass presence. plus comfortable, at a great price.

kz ed9 hasn't arrived here either. as cheap as the e107, it comes with 2 filters (well, "normal" nozzle, and bass one). i guess you'll get enough bass with the  filter. i don't expect great detail or refinement either.

summarizing, if heavy bass is not a must, i'd choose the lz-z02a probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back