Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 22, 2016 at 7:57 PM Post #26,101 of 35,472
You said that they're neither L, V nor U-shaped. So, are these balanced in signature? Because It seems that the QT5s are V-Shaped as you mentioned strong bass and aggresive highs, even though you said analytical.

So either way this is one hell a headphone.  They are biased towards the bass obviously as I said.  Maybe your right V shape is better description.  The highs here seem natural to me.  They are not exaggerated like the Rock Zircon and others.  I've never heard a headphone sound amazing like these without the need for EQ. They are the best IEMs I've heard period.

As soon as I have 5 mins, I will update the review.  Thank you FUYU, for pointing that out. 

Apr 22, 2016 at 7:57 PM Post #26,102 of 35,472

All of the above is in your opinion right? Just making sure 
biggrin.gif

Nope, the W-shaped part is not my opinion; it's a fact. :wink:

Apr 22, 2016 at 7:57 PM Post #26,103 of 35,472
I have to comment on this. There is no "W-shaped", even though we see this term again and again here on head fi. That would mean that both lows, mids and highs are forward, which does not make sense. It does sound to me like they are V-shaped, as he says that they have aggressive highs and are for bass heads. 

:grinning: Jacob I've seen 25 band graphic equalizers with slide controls. Trust me you can get a W shape.

:grinning::grinning:. TWIN

Apr 22, 2016 at 8:02 PM Post #26,106 of 35,472
:grinning: Jacob I've seen 25 band graphic equalizers with slide controls. Trust me you can get a W shape.

:grinning::grinning:. TWIN

Normally when we talk L-shaped, V-shaped, neutral etc., we are talking about lows mids and highs, which is three different things. No more than that. If you have a neutral IEM and you raise the sound of all three? you still have a neutral IEM. 
Of course you can have more/less subbass, midbass, low mids, high mids low highs etc, but then there are so many different variables that it is impossible to know what somebody is talking about when then say W-shaped.. Is the deep bass raised/recessed, is the low highs raised/recessed? impossible to know. :wink: 

Apr 22, 2016 at 8:02 PM Post #26,107 of 35,472
:grinning: Agressive Highs? I don't even need to go any further than that to tell you I prefer the Shockwave III.
And IT borders on too bright for my tastes although it's absolutely superb in most aspects.

:grinning::grinning: TWIN

Apr 22, 2016 at 8:05 PM Post #26,108 of 35,472

Fact based on...? Not a fact solely based on your say so lol

It is common sense. the sound is split in lows, mids and highs. All of them can not be forward, because it is measured relative to one another. If highs are raised compared to lows and mids, it means that lows and mids are recessed compared to highs. So if all three are forward, it means that all three are also recessed. Can you see that does not add up?

Apr 22, 2016 at 8:25 PM Post #26,109 of 35,472
  It is common sense. the sound is split in lows, mids and highs. All of them can not be forward, because it is measured relative to one another. If highs are raised compared to lows and mids, it means that lows and mids are recessed compared to highs. So if all three are forward, it means that all three are also recessed. Can you see that does not add up?

well the lows, mids and highs are not just one freq each, its a range of frequencies. Each range can have a  peak on its own. So yes It does add up. Pull up any proper equalizer and see for yourself :)

Apr 23, 2016 at 12:53 AM Post #26,114 of 35,472
@lmfboy01
, what ALO cable is that? Looks like it will work with the Easy UEs

That is Alo Tinsel cable from my Lyra. Synergy and comfort with the QT-5 made it a good match. Also I have tried their SXC 8 core, it's crazy good with the QT-5.

And actually the cable I've decided best for my set of HCk UEs is their SXC 24. Here's a pic

Apr 23, 2016 at 1:34 AM Post #26,115 of 35,472
That is Alo Tinsel cable from my Lyra. Synergy and comfort with the QT-5 made it a good match. Also I have tried their SXC 8 core, it's crazy good with the QT-5.

And actually the cable I've decided best for my set of HCk UEs is their SXC 24. Here's a pic

$149 for the Tinsel and $349 for the 24. Quite the pretty penny for my $40 UEs lol. Is there actually a noticeable difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back