Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 11, 2016 at 3:33 PM Post #27,361 of 35,472
X3 has dedicated line out, can be used as usb dac and has native dsd support.
EDIT: I was talking about the FiiO X3II, didn't notice you've been talking about the xDuoo. I think xDuoo X3 doesn't have usb dac functionality.

@kr0mka Message Easy and let him know you are not happy. May be able to work something out with him.

yeah, I thought about that too. Will chat him up on aliexpress.

May 11, 2016 at 4:27 PM Post #27,362 of 35,472
Ahh, yeah I've Rockboxed my old Clip Zip and it was no biggie. Made loading from the SD card much faster
What are some good differences? The X3 has a Line Out correct?

Yes, the X3 does have line out.  I think the low end of the X3 is a little better as well as overall SQ.  I also like the narrow body style of the X3 more than the wider X1.  The scroll wheel on the X1 used to give me problems.  I recall it hanging on occasion.  Lastly, dual memory card slots are great!

May 11, 2016 at 4:54 PM Post #27,363 of 35,472
Yes, the X3 does have line out.  I think the low end of the X3 is a little better as well as overall SQ.  I also like the narrow body style of the X3 more than the wider X1.  The scroll wheel on the X1 used to give me problems.  I recall it hanging on occasion.  Lastly, dual memory card slots are great!

Very good to hear. Yeah am noticing the low end rolloff, it's not terrible but I can hear it compared to my iPod Touch.

Two resets of my X1 in a couple days is unacceptable IMO. Esp when it's been out for a year or so now. Issues should have been taken care of

May 11, 2016 at 5:38 PM Post #27,364 of 35,472
mooaarrrr impression ?

Out of the case with stock wide bore tips already installed,listening with an iBasso DX50,it sounded warm but balanced. Soundstage seems average to my ears which is fine for me because soundstage matters most when I listen to acoustic jazz which I won't use the TW1 for.

Treble seems only slightly rolled off thus making detail retrieval just okay while mids seem slightly pushed back which could also affect detail retrieval. Bass has some impact so it doesn't go deep but,BUT,bass responds quite well with enhancement. I chose to use JVC Spiral Dot tips instead of an eq. Bass gets a bit more impact and goes a little deeper.

My one critique is the plastic shells could be of a higher quality and that they are very,very light and somehow need some weight added.

May 11, 2016 at 7:08 PM Post #27,365 of 35,472
My Tingo GG16859 arrived today. Look familiar? Yes, that is them beside the JVC HAFXT90.

My question to the mods: am I permitted to discuss them here?

While they are VERY similar in their housing design, and unfortunately have JVC printed in the housing (though not in the same font) there are some things to note;

- completely different cable, jack, y-split, with an in-line mic
- housing on the Tingo is taller with a larger vent
- advertisements do not mention the FXT90 anywhere and place emphasis on the differences (I can provide a link to where I purchased them if requested)
- they are not provided in packaging that attempts to mimic the FXT90's (they just arrived in a generic clamshell case)

While they do share a similar housing, I think the differences are vast enough to see that they are clearly not an FXT90 and that Tingo isn't trying to fool anyone by making a blatant copy. There are other products using a similar philosophy (familiar housing, unique extremities; namely those using IE800 housings) that have been discussed at length in this thread.

Since to me these fall into a bit of a grey area (maybe not so much due to the JVC branding?), could a mod please let me know if you would prefer any further discussion on this particular product end here? It would be appreciated. 
beerchug.gif

**If you could send me a PM, it would be great. I'll just edit this post if you would like it removed and replace it with something else.**

May 11, 2016 at 8:00 PM Post #27,366 of 35,472
Got my eyes on those hlsx-808 for quite some while now, but I am not sure if they will do the trick for me:

I am looking for a balanced sound with a mild rise in subbass.
Since I mainly listen to Indie/Alternative (with male voices), I would love some decent instrument separation.
Overly smooth highs are not my thing.

I've been rocking the Philips Fidelio S1 for over year as my top IEM, I absolutely love them, but its time for some change.
Would you guys recommend the HLSX-808 or maybe something different like the Easy UES?
I do prefer normal instead of "over the ear" IEMS, but if the SQ is worth it, I'll deal with it.
Thanks!

May 11, 2016 at 9:23 PM Post #27,367 of 35,472
  Got my eyes on those hlsx-808 for quite some while now, but I am not sure if they will do the trick for me:

I am looking for a balanced sound with a mild rise in subbass.
Since I mainly listen to Indie/Alternative (with male voices), I would love some decent instrument separation.
Overly smooth highs are not my thing.

I've been rocking the Philips Fidelio S1 for over year as my top IEM, I absolutely love them, but its time for some change.
Would you guys recommend the HLSX-808 or maybe something different like the Easy UES?
I do prefer normal instead of "over the ear" IEMS, but if the SQ is worth it, I'll deal with it.
Thanks!

Go for it!.....They are exactly as you described!
beerchug.gif

May 11, 2016 at 9:41 PM Post #27,368 of 35,472

Out of the case with stock wide bore tips already installed,listening with an iBasso DX50,it sounded warm but balanced. Soundstage seems average to my ears which is fine for me because soundstage matters most when I listen to acoustic jazz which I won't use the TW1 for.

Treble seems only slightly rolled off thus making detail retrieval just okay while mids seem slightly pushed back which could also affect detail retrieval. Bass has some impact so it doesn't go deep but,BUT,bass responds quite well with enhancement. I chose to use JVC Spiral Dot tips instead of an eq. Bass gets a bit more impact and goes a little deeper.

My one critique is the plastic shells could be of a higher quality and that they are very,very light and somehow need some weight added.

+1 thanksss! i'll skip this, maybe take hlsx 808....

May 11, 2016 at 10:02 PM Post #27,369 of 35,472

TW1 uses plastic for the shells? Hmm....not pleased to hear that. I was under the impression they were metal from the product description.

May 11, 2016 at 11:49 PM Post #27,371 of 35,472
The pink **** is so beautiful.
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/2015-New-****-UE-Custom-Made-Around-Ear-Earphone-Balanced-Armature-In-Ear-Headset-With-MMCX/519064_32663517194.html

Yes but significantly higher price than other hybrids. I just bought the zero so can't even think about another purchase right now

May 12, 2016 at 12:19 AM Post #27,374 of 35,472
Soooooooooo.... THE EASY UES 2016 WERE FORWARDED TO MY NEW HOME YESTERDAY (even though I filed the forwarding address after it's attempted arrival, and after the people at USPS told me it was going back to the sender. I even contacted customer support with no response).
It has been a confusing day and a half and I can honestly say that Easy Earphones has the nicest customer support I've ever experienced. I contacted Easy and asked them to replace them with an HLSX-808 and KZ-HDS1 last week, because it added up to the same price and from the impressions on Head-Fi the UEs didn't sound like my sound preference/signature. He happily agreed to sending those as a replacement and guaranteed that the Easy UEs were being shipped back to him. I then, yesterday, told him my story and offered to pay him extra for the other two IEMs and apologized, he said "No problem, no need pay"...

@TwinACStacks Is right, Hu is a very kind understanding man, I guess his business style works because I plan on buying from him for now on.

Now for my impressions of the Easy UEs 2016 (Ownluxe A1)

In my opinion the sound isn't as amazing as the hype built up by Twin, Crab, Lurk, etc., but I only have 10 hours of burn in so far and things can change if you're on that side of the burn in argument (which I have no formulated opinion on).

Bass: Bass is clearly emphasized as everyone has been saying, and I very much agree. The bass is strong, and goes very deep without giving in and maintains itself, it never gets loose/muddy.

Midrange: It's nice and warm and is growing on me quick. I enjoy it very much for the most part but believe there is some upper bass thickening the sound to a point where some vocals don't sound great.

Treble: I honestly don't hear much of that "Ninja Treble", the UEs sound pretty dark/recessed most of the time. The one time I truly notice the "Ninja Treble" is when listening to Contact by Daft Punk when hearing the symbols crash. I honestly wish there was more treble to provide some extra detail/crispness to the music, but I guess that's just me.

Soundstage: They don't have any nice open back airiness. The soundstage is pretty nice for the price, width is pretty great, depth is just average. Nothing sounds really far away, more like you're inside of a recording studio with the artist, standing 5-10 feet in front of them. Vocal/Instrument placement seems great even though sound isn't so 3 dimensional.

I do believe these do deserve the hype for bassheads, but I was right, these are not my sound signature. For more analytical purposes I prefer my $11 KZ-ED9 (brass nozzle with some treble taming foam inside) or my $22 Tennmak Pro, they sound better to me, but JMHO.

(I formulated my opinion on these IEMs using my Oneplus X, Nokia 928, and Microsoft Surface Pro 3; Streaming service was Tidal Hifi (Only FLAC tested). None of my equipment is powerful so the full potential of the IEMs could be being held back, but I thought the impedance was low enough. I am also a bit new to Head-Fi and am not 100% sure if I'm doing this right or using correct terms so feel free to correct me.)

Grish

May 12, 2016 at 1:07 AM Post #27,375 of 35,472
Soooooooooo.... THE EASY UES 2016 WERE FORWARDED TO MY NEW HOME YESTERDAY (even though I filed the forwarding address after it's attempted arrival, and after the people at USPS told me it was going back to the sender. I even contacted customer support with no response).
It has been a confusing day and a half and I can honestly say that Easy Earphones has the nicest customer support I've ever experienced. I contacted Easy and asked them to replace them with an HLSX-808 and KZ-HDS1 last week, because it added up to the same price and from the impressions on Head-Fi the UEs didn't sound like my sound preference/signature. He happily agreed to sending those as a replacement and guaranteed that the Easy UEs were being shipped back to him. I then, yesterday, told him my story and offered to pay him extra for the other two IEMs and apologized, he said "No problem, no need pay"...

@TwinACStacks
 Is right, Hu is a very kind understanding man, I guess his business style works because I plan on buying from him for now on.

Now for my impressions of the Easy UEs 2016 (Ownluxe A1)

In my opinion the sound isn't as amazing as the hype built up by Twin, Crab, Lurk, etc., but I only have 10 hours of burn in so far and things can change if you're on that side of the burn in argument (which I have no formulated opinion on).

Bass: Bass is clearly emphasized as everyone has been saying, and I very much agree. The bass is strong, and goes very deep without giving in and maintains itself, it never gets loose/muddy.

Midrange: It's nice and warm and is growing on me quick. I enjoy it very much for the most part but believe there is some upper bass thickening the sound to a point where some vocals don't sound great.

Treble: I honestly don't hear much of that "Ninja Treble", the UEs sound pretty dark/recessed most of the time. The one time I truly notice the "Ninja Treble" is when listening to Contact by Daft Punk when hearing the symbols crash. I honestly wish there was more treble to provide some extra detail/crispness to the music, but I guess that's just me.

Soundstage: They don't have any nice open back airiness. The soundstage is pretty nice for the price, width is pretty great, depth is just average. Nothing sounds really far away, more like you're inside of a recording studio with the artist, standing 5-10 feet in front of them. Vocal/Instrument placement seems great even though sound isn't so 3 dimensional.

I do believe these do deserve the hype for bassheads, but I was right, these are not my sound signature. For more analytical purposes I prefer my $11 KZ-ED9 (brass nozzle with some treble taming foam inside) or my $22 Tennmak Pro, they sound better to me, but JMHO.

(I formulated my opinion on these IEMs using my Oneplus X, Nokia 928, and Microsoft Surface Pro 3; Streaming service was Tidal Hifi (Only FLAC tested). None of my equipment is powerful so the full potential of the IEMs could be being held back, but I thought the impedance was low enough. I am also a bit new to Head-Fi and am not 100% sure if I'm doing this right or using correct terms so feel free to correct me.)

Grish

Give it time. 200hrs time. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back