Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 12, 2016 at 2:46 AM Post #27,378 of 35,472
  i cant take 808. lz (z)02a good alternative?
i need warm/dark sound with budget < $25.

thanks.

Hmm I'm not sure if the 02a would suit you. I have the z03a and it's far from being dark. I read that the 02a is very similar but with not so piercing highs.

Do you have any preference for over/under ear types?

May 12, 2016 at 3:15 AM Post #27,379 of 35,472
  Hmm I'm not sure if the 02a would suit you. I have the z03a and it's far from being dark. I read that the 02a is very similar but with not so piercing highs.

Do you have any preference for over/under ear types?

oppss. idk what is w shaped sound, i thought it's warm sound. 
biggrin.gif

prefer under but over ear, i'll look it first.

thanks.

May 12, 2016 at 3:29 AM Post #27,381 of 35,472

oppss. idk what is w shaped sound, i thought it's warm sound. 
biggrin.gif

prefer under but over ear, i'll look it first.

thanks.

You could get both the KZ ATE and KZ ZN1 Mini for less than $25. Tenmak Dulcimer is about $20 and very nice. Others will be able to give you more suggestions too.

May 12, 2016 at 3:29 AM Post #27,382 of 35,472
So hybrid is better than dynamic driver? That's the whackiest thing that I've met in this site.

Exactly 38 usd for a dynamic driver ? This is so over priced. China is starting to follow the trends of western brands puttinf high price tags on single dynamic drivers.

Horrbile, this trend needs to end. And im pointing the finger at you mee pinnacle, Dita answer and IE800. Single drivers for 800 dollars ? Blashphemy !

3 drivers > 1
Quantity > quality

May 12, 2016 at 3:41 AM Post #27,384 of 35,472
  Dynamic doesn't necessarily mean it's inferior to hybrid. There are awesome single driver dynamic phones like the Pinnacle P1 ($199) or Campfire Audio Orion ($349) that have received much praise for their sound.   

u forgot the king of dynamic, dita truth

May 12, 2016 at 3:49 AM Post #27,385 of 35,472
Exactly 38 usd for a dynamic driver ? This is so over priced. China is starting to follow the trends of western brands puttinf high price tags on single dynamic drivers.

Horrbile, this trend needs to end. And im pointing the finger at you mee pinnacle, Dita answer and IE800. Single drivers for 800 dollars ? Blashphemy !

3 drivers > 1
Quantity > quality

It's all about tuning. Do you know what tuning is? Tuning means everything in audio. It means both material and moral things. Time, R&D, quality control, sound etc. These are all for good tuning. So, that is not about putting driver(s) into the small case and selling.

Also, if it is just about driver number, here's the great example from Mr. Suyama (Fitear):

"We tried to make the product for people who loves Etymotic Research ER-4S. They considered purchasing a new earphone and asked us to develop the replacement model.

We learned from our many failures that multi-driver configuration and much bass spoil the greatest appeal of ER-4S."

May 12, 2016 at 4:25 AM Post #27,386 of 35,472
It's all about tuning. Do you know what tuning is? Tuning means everything in audio. It means both material and moral things. Time, R&D, quality control, sound etc. These are all for good tuning. So, that is not about putting driver(s) into the small case and selling.

Also, if it is just about driver number, here's the great example from Mr. Suyama (Fitear):

"We tried to make the product for people who loves Etymotic Research ER-4S. They considered purchasing a new earphone and asked us to develop the replacement model.

We learned from our many failures that multi-driver configuration and much bass spoil the greatest appeal of ER-4S."
agreed with you. That dude is being deluded mate. Quality > Quantity. You can have as many drivers as possible but they wont sound as good as a single carefully tuned driver.Riisalat surprised you mentioned pinnacle p1. P1 has arguably the best price to performance ratio.

May 12, 2016 at 4:36 AM Post #27,388 of 35,472
im trying to make sense about whats being discussed (quantity & quality), can a hybrid sounded similar to a single DD or a single BAD? and vice versa? (duuhh haha) i know that tuning means everything for the SQ, but if a single driver module can produce top notch sound quality then somehow it defeats the purpose of paying extra for multiple drivers (mostly hybrid are priced over $50 as far as what im seeing at AE) and single driver can cost as low as <$10 to over $100 and more.. then it falls back to tuning, if a single DD is well tuned, so you're paying premium for the quality of the tuning.. daym im mumbling and somehow got lost in a labyrinth now... so both are a price factor, quality of tuning (add technology fee there) and number of drivers (adds costs there).. the way i see it there is no wrong or right in this.. unless you compare a badly tuned cheap single driver iem with a hybrid iem.. then quantity equals extra price paid? as a hybrid should sound better than a bad single driver (coorect me if im wrong) or
compare a well tuned expensive single driver iem with a badly tuned multi driver hybrid iem...?
fak im lost. hahahha

im just going to trust my ear over the spec after this  i guess.. not going to work for online purchase though

May 12, 2016 at 4:37 AM Post #27,389 of 35,472
Oh god i was being sarcastic.
Sense of humor mate haha sorry !

I trust single drivers more than multiple drivers. The multiple driver crossovers and the dips involved at times drive me nuts and hence i have been edging towards single dynamic drivers :)

The pinnacle P1 is in my current wish list,saving a few dollars every to get that little savage all metal goodness ^.^

With 200 dollar iems offering sound this good from such a reputed brand I wonder if china will be able to return fire. The pinnacle is a masterpiece and at a price much lower than its rivals !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back