Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 10, 2016 at 11:51 AM Post #23,611 of 35,472
Does anyone know of any hybrid IEMs that are open? I'm trying to find something with ported drivers or at least a vent for more open sound... I could care less about people around me hearing my music. Sub $100 range hopefully. a little higher is OK.

Mar 10, 2016 at 12:20 PM Post #23,613 of 35,472
Speaking of SHOZY there's one seller on AE selling the Lancea for $88, pretty great deal imo.

Mar 10, 2016 at 1:54 PM Post #23,617 of 35,472
Speaking of SHOZY there's one seller on AE selling the Lancea for $88, pretty great deal imo.

I did not find the $88 one, is this the same thing?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/100-original-for-SHOZY-for-Lancea-Portable-for-iphone-mobile-computer-USB-Sound-Decoder-Amp-dac/32571441879.html?spm=2114.10010108.100010.8.xDCWa0 

Mar 10, 2016 at 2:02 PM Post #23,618 of 35,472
  @Podster I don't necessarily assume reasonable behavior is the norm.  People as a whole tend to be close-minded and petty.  But if a person isn't reasonable, I generally don't see much of a point in continuing conversation.

I hear you and really need to adopt that train of thought!
beerchug.gif

Mar 10, 2016 at 2:03 PM Post #23,619 of 35,472
Mar 10, 2016 at 2:24 PM Post #23,621 of 35,472
Yes, that's the one. The $88 including shipping was from the same seller. Can't post the link right now.

I like the simple circuitry design/idea, I did read your review from last year and also HiFiChris's thoughts as well. Is kind of a shame about the filter to smooth out it's presentation but some may actually like that, you are spot on about the price being a real bargain
wink_face.gif

Mar 10, 2016 at 2:48 PM Post #23,622 of 35,472
I like the simple circuitry design/idea, I did read your review from last year and also HiFiChris's thoughts as well. Is kind of a shame about the filter to smooth out it's presentation but some may actually like that, you are spot on about the price being a real bargain:wink_face:

Yes, I'd also preferred it not having the filter. That being said it sounds really good with the right pairing. I do also believe that these kind of filters are more common than we'd like to know but not all manufacturers will mention it. The original Geek Out for example does offer two different filter settings.

For people with one or more of the VE earbuds the Lancea should be of interest. It's definitely one of the better pairings with all of them that I've heard.

Mar 10, 2016 at 2:58 PM Post #23,623 of 35,472
Mar 10, 2016 at 3:01 PM Post #23,624 of 35,472
How many people here always amp their KZ's? I'm curious to find what has more bass rumble than the translucent ATE.

I found the silver ATE did not provide the same level of bass the translucent is capable of, and the ATE-S sounded bloated and muddy.

Mar 10, 2016 at 3:10 PM Post #23,625 of 35,472
  How many people here always amp their KZ's? I'm curious to find what has more bass rumble than the translucent ATE.

I found the silver ATE did not provide the same level of bass the translucent is capable of, and the ATE-S sounded bloated and muddy.

Just wrote about bass oriented KZ IEMs in KZ thread just hours ago. I'll repeat here anyway.

Following KZ are oriented towards bass lovers. All have bass quantity greater that Translucent ATE, and offer V-shaped or L-shaped FR.

ED8m : Best midbass among KZ. Very punchy and textured. This is well complemented by smooth and enough sub bass. Other characteristics are nice, airy highs and huge soundstage. But it's also heaviest and large shaped chunk of metal so fit issues for some. 

ED10 : Have equal amount of sub bass and mid bass. Bass is very fluid and fast. V-shaped sound.

R1 : Huge, rumbling sub bass. Little bloated. This is the cheapest KZ I've seen, dropping at about $2 once. Ideal fit for sleeping.

DT3 : EDSE like sound with added bass levels. 

Include ZS1 in the list as well. It has monster bass but I'm yet to figure out exact words to describe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back