Chord Anni
Sep 21, 2021 at 6:07 AM Post #92 of 564
Sep 21, 2021 at 6:09 AM Post #93 of 564
Sep 21, 2021 at 6:18 AM Post #94 of 564

Sep 21, 2021 at 7:23 AM Post #96 of 564
Sep 21, 2021 at 9:43 AM Post #99 of 564
Sooo...is that stack rack $395 per section? Or do you get two sections with it?

Feels like $800 for a plastic rack for the qutest/anni is a little unreasonable. Can't imagine it's per part...but it's chord...so I have to ask.

Sep 21, 2021 at 9:45 AM Post #100 of 564

Feels like $800 for a plastic rack for the qutest/anni is a little unreasonable. Can't imagine it's per part...but it's chord...so I have to ask.
It's not plastic. It's aluminium.
Nevertheless - yes a bit expensive

Sep 21, 2021 at 9:48 AM Post #101 of 564
This may make me reconsider Qutest for desktop rig. Finally one can say it is Chord house sound when comparing to other dacs and headphone amps. I like minimalistic design and speaker output makes Anni even more interesting.

Sep 21, 2021 at 9:51 AM Post #102 of 564
It was really nice to see a product announcement from Chord. I got an email, too. This Anni product in conjunction with the Qutest looks like a winner. If I didn't already have both a Hugo 2 and 2go and a TT2, I would consider buying the Qutest + Anni as a desktop solution.

I rarely use my Hugo 2 anymore because I have found that I much prefer DAPs given their superior application and networking support. The Hugo 2 has great sound, but it is neither designed well as a portable / transportable solution, nor is it a great desktop solution with its cabling requirements. Qutest + Anni provides a more affordable solution to the TT2 and positions Chord where they are actually strong.

Sep 21, 2021 at 10:25 AM Post #103 of 564
It was really nice to see a product announcement from Chord. I got an email, too. This Anni product in conjunction with the Qutest looks like a winner. If I didn't already have both a Hugo 2 and 2go and a TT2, I would consider buying the Qutest + Anni as a desktop solution.

I rarely use my Hugo 2 anymore because I have found that I much prefer DAPs given their superior application and networking support. The Hugo 2 has great sound, but it is neither designed well as a portable / transportable solution, nor is it a great desktop solution with its cabling requirements. Qutest + Anni provides a more affordable solution to the TT2 and positions Chord where they are actually strong.
I’m with you. My Hugo 2 rarely leaves the house and stays plugged up. I’m using the Hugo 2 as DAC/Preamp for my Burson Timekeeper. The Qutest plus Anni with that nice stand looks like a winner. Do I sell my Hugo 2 and pick up the Qutest and Anni is the question I’m asking myself?

Sep 21, 2021 at 10:28 AM Post #104 of 564
I’m with you. My Hugo 2 rarely leaves the house and stays plugged up. I’m using the Hugo 2 as DAC/Preamp for my Burson Timekeeper. The Qutest plus Anni with that nice stand looks like a winner. Do I sell my Hugo 2 and pick up the Qutest and Anni is the question I’m asking myself?
That exact thought crossed my mind this morning as well. But, I already have a Hugo TT2, so that's not likely. I just got my Hugo 2 out and I am listening to my Oriolus Isabellae IEMs with it and it sounds great. I have been using DAPs so much over the past few months that I forgot just how much I love the sound of the Hugo 2.

Sep 21, 2021 at 10:41 AM Post #105 of 564

It's not plastic. It's aluminium.
Nevertheless - yes a bit expensive

If I bought the Anni, I would not buy the wrack, as gorgeous as it looks with Anni and Qutest. I would put the Anni in arms reach, and the Qutest to rear of the desk out of the way.

Anyway it's a case of waiting for reviews now, or auditioning for those interested. Going by Ultima reviews though, it should be at a good amplifier. £1200 worth, waits to be seen but I am optimistic even though I don't need one.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back