Craft Ears Reviews/Impressions Thread
Feb 2, 2024 at 8:37 AM Post #301 of 345
Thank you very much! :) and what do you think about Craft Ears 6 I own them after having Mest 2,3 the Mest is imho better but not SO far from, just by a little margin, and they are different :))

Feb 2, 2024 at 8:41 AM Post #303 of 345
Feb 2, 2024 at 8:49 AM Post #305 of 345
I enjoy Craft Six for the musicality with an inpressive detail retrieval but Mest 3 was even better at it plus the technicalities were outstanding so the Mentor will be like More of the Mest for sure but Omnium’s musicality might be on a higher level so the whole thing is questionable.

And what about Omnium vs Mest Mk2,3? :)

Feb 16, 2024 at 9:42 AM Post #306 of 345
Hello Craft Ears Community,

We're back and couldn't be happier to share some thrilling news with you all! February 15th, 2024, marks the 5th anniversary of Craft Ears, and to celebrate, we're rolling out some incredible deals until the end of February. Plus, for those who don't know, at the end of 2023, we've just released our new flagship model, the Craft Ears Omnium, and we're eager for you to experience its exceptional sound quality.

Here's what we've got lined up for our anniversary celebration:

• Special Bundle Offer: Buy a Craft Ears Omnium and get a Craft Ears Argentum absolutely FREE! It's our way of introducing our new flagship with a bang. (Offer will apply automatically after adding Argentum and Omnium to the basket)

• Anniversary Discount: Enjoy a 15% discount on all our products (just use code "15off")

• Complimentary Premium Upgrade: Place your order between February 15th and 28th, and we'll throw in a premium copper cable with a threaded multiplug (3.5mm and 4.4mm terminations) at no extra charge. It's the perfect match for your Craft Ears. (No action needed - we will just ship your IEMs with premium cable!)

We're thrilled to be back here and sharing these moments with you. Don't miss out on these exclusive deals as we celebrate five years of Craft Ears. These offers are only valid until the end of February, so act fast to celebrate with us and elevate your audio experience.

Here's to many more years of innovation and exceptional sound with you, our valued community!

Craft Ears Stay updated on Craft Ears at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/craftears https://www.instagram.com/craft.ears/ https://www.craftears.com/
Feb 17, 2024 at 6:14 PM Post #307 of 345
They’re tuned quite differently so it wouldn’t really make sense to call one better or worse than the other. The Mentor is stronger technically but doesn’t feel quite as organic in timbre as the Omnium.
I am at this very moment tossed up between the two: MM and Omnium. Craft Ears just launched a deal - buy the Omnium and get a free Argentum. I'm so close to pulling the trigger yet the Multiverse Mentor has been tugging me and I can only make one purchase. Anyone care to sway me one direction or the other?

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2024 at 4:03 AM Post #308 of 345
I am at this very moment tossed up between the two: MM and Omnium. Craft Ears just launched a deal - buy the Omnium and get a free Aurum. I'm so close to pulling the trigger yet the Multiverse Mentor has been tugging me and I can only make one purchase. Anyone care to sway me one direction or the other?
You get a free Argentum which is fine in its own right. The Omnium is s great iem with fantastic mids, and the pricing is perfect. The MM is great but far more expensive.

Feb 18, 2024 at 11:43 AM Post #309 of 345
I am at this very moment tossed up between the two: MM and Omnium. Craft Ears just launched a deal - buy the Omnium and get a free Aurum. I'm so close to pulling the trigger yet the Multiverse Mentor has been tugging me and I can only make one purchase. Anyone care to sway me one direction or the other?
Multiverse mentor is actually a downgrade froma frequency response perspective. I think its an audiophile only iem with warm and thick mids and treble boost and mid dip done to extend soundstage

Whereas omnium is tuned as pro/audiophile. Its tuned better than multiverse mentor and has tricks to extend soundstage here and there. From driver perspective, you get DD bass, planar mids and BAs plus its something you can rely upon to listen what artist intended.

Multiverse mentor is warm, fun iem but is not musical nor accurate

Attachments

• MM_FR.PNG
    MM_FR.PNG
    212.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 5c2c6532-1981-44ff-b0d5-475af468a19e.png
    5c2c6532-1981-44ff-b0d5-475af468a19e.png
    387.7 KB · Views: 0
Feb 27, 2024 at 6:21 PM Post #312 of 345
Hey guys,

Has been a while since I've had a chance to visit Head-Fi but I've enjoyed reading the impressions in this thread and it's great to see Jed's creations getting some love :)

DSC06110.jpg

They're about to get some more as I present my review of the Omnium. We've already had great coverage in this thread and I'd wholeheartedly agree that this is one of the most impressive high-end IEMs I've tested. It pairs a very transparent tone with a clean sub-bass boost and sparkly upper treble for musical engagement. This makes it a wonderful all-rounder but with top-class resolution and sound staging.

DSC06108.jpg

This definitely isn't a forgiving IEM but there are plenty of options servicing that niche already. If you enjoy a balanced and neutral-leaning sound signature, the Omnium is hard to top. Jed has done a wonderful job at balancing a sound that is equal parts accurate and musical, feasible for both professionals and enthusiasts.

Screenshot_1.png

If I had one complaint it's the treble tuning. If you are sensitive to high frequencies, the boosted upper treble can get a smidgeon hot on already brighter tracks but for the most part showcases excellent refinement. While some may want for a bit more mid-bass I didn't find it lacking.

Screenshot_2.png

Another consideration is that the Omnium is not as source-stable as some of its contemporaries. Despite the presence of True Load, it does not have a flat impedance curve and will experience a progressive high-frequency drop-off with higher output impedances. Ironically, some may find this a valuable tuning avenue due to the slightly brighter leaning tuning from factory.

Besides this, applause is warranted for Craft Ear's most refined design yet. This is certainly an impressive design both in tonality and technical performance befitting of a TOTL IEM. Enjoy the full review here!

Feb 29, 2024 at 6:40 AM Post #313 of 345
Hey guys,

Has been a while since I've had a chance to visit Head-Fi but I've enjoyed reading the impressions in this thread and it's great to see Jed's creations getting some love :)

DSC06110.jpg

They're about to get some more as I present my review of the Omnium. We've already had great coverage in this thread and I'd wholeheartedly agree that this is one of the most impressive high-end IEMs I've tested. It pairs a very transparent tone with a clean sub-bass boost and sparkly upper treble for musical engagement. This makes it a wonderful all-rounder but with top-class resolution and sound staging.

DSC06108.jpg

This definitely isn't a forgiving IEM but there are plenty of options servicing that niche already. If you enjoy a balanced and neutral-leaning sound signature, the Omnium is hard to top. Jed has done a wonderful job at balancing a sound that is equal parts accurate and musical, feasible for both professionals and enthusiasts.

Screenshot_1.png

If I had one complaint it's the treble tuning. If you are sensitive to high frequencies, the boosted upper treble can get a smidgeon hot on already brighter tracks but for the most part showcases excellent refinement. While some may want for a bit more mid-bass I didn't find it lacking.

Screenshot_2.png

Another consideration is that the Omnium is not as source-stable as some of its contemporaries. Despite the presence of True Load, it does not have a flat impedance curve and will experience a progressive high-frequency drop-off with higher output impedances. Ironically, some may find this a valuable tuning avenue due to the slightly brighter leaning tuning from factory.

Besides this, applause is warranted for Craft Ear's most refined design yet. This is certainly an impressive design both in tonality and technical performance befitting of a TOTL IEM. Enjoy the full review here!
Thank you so much for the great review! Always appreciated. And those photos... dope!

https://www.facebook.com/craftears https://www.instagram.com/craft.ears/ https://www.craftears.com/
Feb 29, 2024 at 6:42 AM Post #314 of 345
Sooo...it is THE LAST DAY!

There is only one day left to take advantage of one of our awesome Birthday Deals! Maybe some of you might be interested in grabbing our wonderful IEMs at a very reasonable price with a 15% discount, or even get Craft Ears Argentum for FREE with the purchase of Craft Ears Omnium.

It's best to place orders directly through our website: www.craftears.com using the code "15off". The discount for the free Argentum will be applied automatically after adding both - Omnium and Argentum models to the cart.

If you have any questions, I'm here to help!

Stay safe!

DEALS_4.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back